Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Just to let anyone who was interested, the Tracking workshop has been cancelled for this Sunday, due to the weather forecast, will be now held the following Sunday 5th February, contact Lesley Watson if interested. Just out of interest it does not go for hours should be finished by 8.30 - 9.00 am.

I had my first go at tracking last night -and I didn't think she would be any good at it since I spend 99% of my training time rewarding the dog for looking up and being in heel position. How wrong was I eek1.gif She took to it like a duck to water rofl1.gif She loved it and so did I. Really looking forward to the workshop thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthanks livertreats thumbsup1.gif

Just quickly back to the Commercial radio thing - totally agree RS, about the people... the women sound like skanks or act so stupid you want to reach in and slap them.. in general they tell stories that everyone knows probably didn't happen, and their interview skills are shocking... yep, I don't think they hear themselves, or they just have no shame!!

LR, remember last year when John S hosted breakfast? I really did want to stab out my ear drums... he just drives me insane... the only other person that annoys me that much is Paul V, who they also put on the breakfast slot last year... he really needs to stop trying to be funny and just do the radio thing...

RS, to make you feel better, and I'm a little bit embarrassed for admitting this, but I saw MB20 about 12 years ago!! :o

MG no worries about the beach thing :) I hope you have a good time with your new plans!! I'm likely heading down around 7.30 regardless of whether I meet up with JT's owners or not...

Ptolomy isn't it amazing when their instinct takes over? Tracking really is amazing to watch. I'm hoping to at least get to some training days this year and I think it's possible I might be able to attend the tracking day now it's on the 5th :)

Guest RosieFT

I took Rosie for a walk this morning, not early enough and avoided hill work, just a quick walk around the block with a stop off for a free run at local oval and a few throws of the the kong wubba, on way back home she found a lovely shady, damp (from retic) piece of grass and refused to move. She lay flat out. I know she feels the heat, but it was 7.30 this morning. Another couple walking the other way thought it was sooooooo funny. mmmmmMMM. As soon as i got her up on her feet (not so easy) she trotted along quite merrily.

SOOOOOO, me thinks i had better take her at 6.30 tomorrow!! and even earlier if i want to do hill work.

So jealous of people with pools and air con in their bedrooms!! but at least we have one unit...

I had my first go at tracking last night -and I didn't think she would be any good at it since I spend 99% of my training time rewarding the dog for looking up and being in heel position. How wrong was I eek1.gif She took to it like a duck to water rofl1.gif She loved it and so did I. Really looking forward to the workshop thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthanks livertreats thumbsup1.gif

Your most welcome Ptolomy, Beans was fabulous for her first go, amazing isnt it with the right motivation - good tracklayer :rofl: armed with her treats and a toy, Now you can understand why I love it so much. Thanks for the training as well, we enjoyed it.

Anyone attending the workshop must book in with Lesley first.

Edited by Livertreats

I know most of you are in Perth, but in case you do venture down south or have family down here it might be worth having a look at this article from the local Busselton paper. Article

Dogs have been going missing, from their yards, down here recently. :mad

It will definitely be worth taking extra precautions.

RS, to make you feel better, and I'm a little bit embarrassed for admitting this, but I saw MB20 about 12 years ago!! :o

See that's what I don't get, why be embarrassed? Ok so you obviously don't like them now, but you did at one stage. It's all part of evolving! I went and saw some boybands live in my teen years, I loved them then, and even now I love to reminisce and play some of their songs on my ipod (to myself!). Brings back good memories.

P.S. no it didn't make me feel better because you added the part about being embarrassed by it :rofl: :rofl: :p

Edited by RubyStar

Sorry RS!!! I guess at the time they weren't that bad. Reminds me so much of my chicken treat days!!

I had a bunch of friends that were obsessed with Hanson around the same time, so MB20 was much cooler!!

I left the aircon on for the dogs today... :eek: I'm not looking forward to the electricity bill!! gosh i wish I had a pool!!

I know most of you are in Perth, but in case you do venture down south or have family down here it might be worth having a look at this article from the local Busselton paper. Article

Dogs have been going missing, from their yards, down here recently. :mad

It will definitely be worth taking extra precautions.

Thanks for the heads up i am heading down not quite busso this time with my rottis to visit family will let my family know as they got dogs too :)

I left the aircon on for the dogs today... :eek: I'm not looking forward to the electricity bill!! gosh i wish I had a pool!!

Not sure I would do that for my girls :rofl: Though I bet they are sprawled out under the aircon vent at my parents place right now. In a couple of hours when mum leaves for work, they will no doubt be turfed outside! At least they have PLENTY of shade out there, and several water bowls. When I get there in the afternoon they are huffing and puffing but they'll get over it!

Edited by RubyStar

My guys had their paddle pool topped up with clean, fresh water before I left today :)

I am curious... does anyone know if the agility mob have done anything to compensate for the insane temps at the trial this weekend? As said the show start time has been delayed by an hour and I would think agility would be even worse in this heat!

I used to leave a paddle pool set up, but I won't now. Attracts way too many bees/wasps in my yard and I can't risk Ruby getting stung while I'm at work. I am going to start leaving them inside the house while I'm at work. They can have free run, they aren't destructo dogs except for the occasional dog bed (and mum's foam/cane lounge a few years back eek1.gif) Hopefully it will work out for us. Maybe in winter they can be shafted back outside when the bees/wasps bugger off!

What time is the agility meant to start? I'm sure it will be delayed, even if they don't tell us beforehand.

Edited by RubyStar

Mirawee - it was mentioned that the start time would probably be put back until 8pm, and they will have clamshells and a sprinkler.

Apparently the temp cutoff for agility trials to be cancelled is 37 degrees.

Mine probably have air con ATM since OH is home and he is an aircon addict - but when he is not I never leave it on for them - they can get inside and it stays cool enough in there. I certainly will not be installing any misting systems for them lol

Mine arw outside with pool, putting a misting system up for them tomorrow :)

Misting system sounds awesome! Sadly for me, that would be wasp heaven!! Get heaps of them in my yard, more so in summer looking for water. Hate the buggers myself, and I'm not allergic!!