Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Sorry girls but JJJ shits all over the CRAPFM we have to put up with down here! And, no sorry no Nickelback within a few thousand miles :eek:

I can't say I agree JJJ shits all over others, BUT, I do agree that most radio stations have gone to shit. The best music I have heard in a long time was the top 500 summer countdown (or whatever it was called) over the Xmas/NY break. All the old school stuff and you were guaranteed to only hear it ONCE over that whole week thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

I think of you AP everytime I hear Skrillex ;)

RS, your opinion is that Triple J sux... My opinion is that the commercial radio sux balls, because in between the absolute crap they play, occasionally they'll catch onto a semi decent song that Triple J was playing 12 months ago, play the absolute shit out of it and ruin it for everyone.

of course, JJJ does have it's downsides... *cough* John Saffran *cough*

Let's get something straight - I do not like Nickelback :laugh:

Matchbox 20 = mb20

I listen to JJJ probably 80% of the time - better than Nova for sure but they still do some things that annoy me (Like play dubstep when I haven't even had a morning coffee yet :rofl: )

Yes the Fresh 500 thing (I think that's what it was called?) was good - no repeating songs and a mix from present to the 90s and maybe even some 80s - was very cool.

RS, your opinion is that Triple J sux... My opinion is that the commercial radio sux balls, because in between the absolute crap they play, occasionally they'll catch onto a semi decent song that Triple J was playing 12 months ago, play the absolute shit out of it and ruin it for everyone.

Again, I will say, I don't like commercial radio either. Guys, settle, people beat the crap outta bands I like all the time and I just laugh it off :shrug: We all have different tastes, it's life! Just like people beat the crap out of Labradors ;)

Edited by RubyStar

sorry RS I posted after you said you didn't like Commercial stations ;)

I love when stations play old school stuff... not enough of that. I'm a mad 60s/70s music lover and 94.5 used to play a lot of that, and now it's mostly 80s/90s and more recent stuff.

I also remember when Nova first started out they used to play a bit of 90s stuff but that soon stopped.

RS what time are you getting to the beach on Thursday? (it was thursday you and MG were going right?). Anyway, i'm going probably fairly early morning - around 7am, with Lulu and meeting up with JT's owner as I am taking JT for about 10 days while they are in NZ. If you can drag yourselves out of bed that early I might see you down there!

I also remember when Nova first started out they used to play a bit of 90s stuff but that soon stopped.

Yeah Nova's tagline when they started was "sounds different" and they played older songs as well as current, but yeah now they sound exactly like 92.9 - what's the point in having two stations identical?

My secondary radio station is Coast FM, they mix it up a bit

No worries, ST. I don't like any radio these days. The music played is crap, and the so called entertainment shows are full of the non-funniest people ever. About 10 years ago I used to like 96fm, til they turned into the worst radio station ever. 92.9 and Nova just flog the absolute crap out of the same songs that all sound the same anyway. Yes I like bands that a lot of you don't like (and people everywhere make sure I know it, by naming them by names in their insults), but what can I do but shrug it off? I much prefer my ipod with the selection of songs *I* like to radio! thumbsup1.gif

I'm not sure I am going to the beach in the morning now!

Yeah Nova's tagline when they started was "sounds different" and they played older songs as well as current, but yeah now they sound exactly like 92.9 - what's the point in having two stations identical?

What's worse is switching from one to get away from a song you hate, to find the other station is playing the same song at the same time! Of all the songs out there to play... just goes to show, huh? :rolleyes:

Sooo tempted to post a Nickelback joke :p :provoke::rofl::kissbetter:

The Nova/92.9 DJ people annoy me even more than the music - do they know what they sound like?

Well we've officially strayed from the category of 'General Dog Discussion' :rofl:

The Nickelback jokes I actually find amusing! Besides, their latest album is awful. Awful, awful, awful. They're lucky their guitarist is damn hot, he's the only reason why I might go to another of their concerts ;)

My favourite band is actually matchbox twenty, and you might not have to like 'em, but insult them in my presence well, watch out! They be my boys! :D Have been for a very long time :)

General Dog Discussion, eh? Have you seen how gorgeous my kids are lately? rofl1.gif There, that should swing it back to dogs! And stay with the bias theme above rofl1.gif

Love you ST :D You are so right about a 12 month old JJJ song being called a "new release" on comm radio....that makes me laugh :rofl:

Yep, I think I hate commercial stations coz they play a good song over'n'over'n'over'n'........AND they have annoying shitey ads!!! JJJ plays different songs, different genres and have great live shows! I do like Johnny S though ST, makes Nighshift an interesting time!! Father Bob rocks!!

I did however listen to Nova on my way home from the sticks a month or so ago, and quite enjoyed that - they were playing some great 80s rock!!!

Guest RosieFT

Freaking dishwasher tripped the safety switch late last night.. we went around the house turning things off and trying the safety switch again until we figured out it was the dishwasher. Opened it up, mmmmMMM lurve that burning electrics smell!! so now i have to try find a cheap call out electrician to hopefully find it is motor burn out so i can claim it on my insurance..... oh and do all the hours of research for dishwashers... ugh.. have to find that thread that was on here not so long ago...

oh and to keep it doggy, the oval where i do rosie's hill work is labrador central!! i saw FOUR of them this morning..3 yellow and 1 black.. the black I see almost every morning "hows the hill work going?" good... . the only other dog was a kelpie cross!

ARGHHHHHHH could be worse, could have been our poor lonely single reverse cycle air con unit in our living room that keeps me sane.. i am not good when hot!

RS, its a West Australian Thread, doesnt say anything about being about dogs :rofl: :rofl:

Ok, so we agree that commercial radio sux, we only have two choices down here.....so for me JJJ it is! At least you guys have a range of crap to listen to!!

And truth be known, Id probably think Nickelback songs were ok if I didnt know who I was listening to ;) Dont they sound a little like MB20........ :bottom:

Ok, Ill stop stirring now!!

I am looking forward to dog training tonight ;)

Well I often have my radio on 720 as it is the only station I can get half-decent reception on part of my drive. Yay, talk back radio with REALLY old and mostly crap songs ROFL. Saying that some of the interviews they do are fairly interesting :) I hate cricket though so when that is on I just go for silence :rofl:

In dog news... um, I need to wash Booty tonight as the poor man is going to have his manhood removed tomorrow!

LOL you must be getting old like me Mirawee....... :rofl: I must confess, my radio is tuned to ABC am in the mornings, only coz I like having talking on my way to work at 5am!!! Then its straight back to JJJ.....

Poor Boots, hope he enjoys his bath!!

Posted on FB for those showing this weekend

****IMPORTANT NOTE****

In light of the weather forecasts for this weekend both Saturday & Sundays shows will be put back to 7:30 pm starts. Pending the finalisation of any other logistical matters. Final confirmation will be posted tomorrow night. The call has been made now to allow time to get this on the CAWA website. Please be aware that this change may result in some breeds being reallocated, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT OR EMAIL contacts in Canine News to discuss this matter.

Can every one to work as a team to let those that are not on this FB page of this change. Thanks in advance for everyone's co-operation. Regards Scott (FB Co-ordinator).