Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hello my fellow WA dwellers,

Hope you're all having a good Australia Day and managing to keep yourselves and the pups cool :)

Question:

Have any of you had any experience with these Puppy Kindy courses? Challenger Puppy Kindy

They sound quite good to me??

I would like go to Train-a-Pup after hearing great things from you all, but I recently contacted Carolyn and got a very nice email from her back saying that she MAY not have courses available at the time I need them due to moving house. She said she would keep me posted and I would still like to go to her.. I guess I just want to have a back up plan :walkdog:

I work at Challenger and took our girl to the kindy sessions. They have a different trainer there now from what I've heard but a couple years ago the lady doing it didn't work for me at all. Being told not to expect much from my golden until she was at least 3 got to me! We didn't even finish.

I do highly recommend the doggie daycare though!! Ken is awesome!

Hey Unuscorn,

If train-a-pup is too far for you to go, the lady at Clever Creatures is quite good. She does classes out of that park at Samson, and has GSD's and she seems to get good results

It is a bit far out.. but I don't mind the travel. The problem is that Carolyn is moving house and may not be able to conduct the classes around the time I need them. (I think I might have made it sound like I was moving??) Thanks for the suggestion :)

I work at Challenger and took our girl to the kindy sessions. They have a different trainer there now from what I've heard but a couple years ago the lady doing it didn't work for me at all. Being told not to expect much from my golden until she was at least 3 got to me! We didn't even finish.

I do highly recommend the doggie daycare though!! Ken is awesome!

Oh really? I did a floristry course there :)

I didn't see the daycare. I'll check it out!! Thanks for the feedback.

ncarter I went to Kwinana yesterday morning. It was good - a lot busier than normal though, with lots of people looking as though they were setting up for a full day :eek:

I didn't stay for long - got there at 7am and was gone by 8am.

We didn't get any rain last night at all, but I did drive through it as I was coming from Ashby when the storm hit.

Unu I also agree with Paw Prints pet training is good - i didn't do the puppy class but I've been to a few workshops and it's very good information.

Exciting about the car MG :) Seems that a few people I know are getting new cars at the moment!

Emery, hopefully your husband gets a longer reprieve from work :)

I don't envy any WAers who are going to agility tonight! Yesterday at the show was terrible... 32 degrees at 10pm and not a hint of a breeze :( The dogs all coped ok but as soon as you ran around as a handler you took ages to cool down again and showing is a lot less intense than agility!

On a good note though Miss Anikka took out Minor in Group at her first show in Minor. She also beat all the old dogs to take out Best of Breed! I did tell her owner that I couldn't show her any more since she beat "my" dog (Arlo, who we bred) but she is so much fun that didn't last long :rofl: Although tonight I might handle Arlo for BOB and let someone else take Anikka if they both get through ;)

I know i cant believe that the agility is going ahead its going to be 40+ they recon

ETA i know im ungrateful but i just got so over not fitting anything in the car if i have the dogs with me, even an esky is an issue for space in my Getz!! Good reliable car tho

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

I don't think it will get that hot today - it's overcast near me. Won't be 40 degrees at night when the agility is on, but still going to be gross if the humidity is high. I'm more concerned about the fact that we have only trained once this year :rofl:

Emery does your OH work at cloudbreak?

Oooh new car :D