Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Well this last weekend was certainly memorable! I found it very very hard to get out of bed this morning though :o

Friday night was hot and still and we got home just after 1.30am thanks to Anikka's Minor in Group win.

Saturday night was lovely weatherwise and we were happy when Anikka missed out on Minor IG so we could go home early... except that Arlo then won State Bred in Group :thumbsup: Yay... except we were in the ring at 12.30am and again was home after 1.30am (dream run home... still don't quite know how I did it in 45 mins without speeding! The traffic lights were very nice to me though :D )

Then Sunday night we had Puppy of the Year and the wind was absolutely freezing! Miss Anikka was the youngest entrant for Group 5 by about a month... and she not only took out Group 5 Junior Puppy of the Year but got a better overall score than the senior winner :thumbsup: Although I did learn that skirt suit + wind + hypo puppy = game of tug on skirt while running around the ring :eek::rofl:

The little princess herself...

Anikka.jpg

Edited by mirawee

It was absolutely freezing at k9 last night!! we all sat around freezing our butts off to watch the final. Was lovely to see the puppies strutting their stuff.

Lulu did beautifully well, and I am so proud of her because we were there - a lovely Goldy won Junior puppy in the gundogs :)

Ptolomy's boy also did very well for RV, although his stand for exam training definitely worked - his feet were glued when the judge tried to lift them!!

HUGE :cheer: :cheer: :party::winner::party::cheer: :cheer: to Mirawee and Anikka and her owner... they should all be very proud, it was a big line up of lovely working dogs.

Such a massive weekend of shows, it's going to be a while before I do anything like that again - I seriously need :coffee: this morning.

Edited by SparkyTansy

MG, you are probably getting smoke from the Bindoon and Chittering fires. Plus there is apparently a fire in Brigadoon today too.

No updates for the Wooroloo fire on FESA or on the horse forum where you tend to get more up to date information LOL

RV and ST I hope you have thawed out after last night, hard to believe we were sweating the night before. Thanks again RV for showing my little redhead. Yes the extra SFE training of me trying to pick up his feet and him not letting me worked - just wrong place and wrong time - sounds like a typical male.

Well done again Mirawee and glad you left work and found everything is OK. if you ever need help just yell I am sure there are a few of us that could come to your rescue, although i am not sure how many horses I could fit in the back of my car.