Asha's Thread

becandcharch

Just a quick little update on Asha because she is going so well!!

I feel like she has always lived with us now and its only been 2 1/2 weeks :birthday:

Her and Charch are getting along famously and today is the first day they have been left at home together for the whole day.

Fingers crossed the house is still in one piece when we arrive home. They are both now allowed inside and out as we have a dog door for them.

I made sure I put anything and everything away that could be used as a tug toy!

My favorite thing about her so far is that she cleans Charche like he's a cat! She licks his ears and face while he just sits there :champagne: Its very cute.

I need to get a photo of it.

We have been all over the place these holidays including camping and she just goes with the flow. She is great in the car, great with all other dogs, fantastic with our little nieces and nephews... I really think we hit the jackpot with her. I just love her :cheers:

A couple of recent pics of her just because.

4236536546_2a0fe35f6b.jpg

4232298583_06d5399b2e.jpg

4236611796_293964f398.jpg

4242489301_3b89b70a83.jpg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Malamum :cry:

Ruth I'll admit I was slightly nervous about getting another dog just in case they didnt get along as well as I had hoped.

Its just turned out better than I could have expected for the short time that its been.

He has even stopped sitting on her head now :laugh:

Whoooo... what a relief to come home to a house that's 'moderately' as you left it! That's gotta make you happy! I remember the first time I left Sasha on her own at home... I was so nervous when we got back (I imagined my clothes from the line strewn all over the yard) but it was just... perfect and untouched. We quickly figured Sash is only really naughty when we are at home :laugh: which I guess is a good thing???

I'm so glad that bringing a rescue dog into your home has been so successful for you. It is a great story, and we love all the pics!

Well its seems Princess Perfect isnt so perfect after all! :rofl:

We came home the other day to find a very big mouse had chewed part of the couch! Luckily we werent too trusting and had taken all off the cushions so it was just the underneath part you dont see.

So its outside for the 2 of them now during the day. They can both still get into the laundry.

So yesterday we came home to find someone had tried to dig out! Luckily once again we were 2 steps ahead of her and had already dug down and put blocks of wood just in case.

When hubby called her over and sid "Asha, what this?' off she bolted! Didnt she know she was in trouble!

He had to go and get her, carry her over to her hole and tell her NO!

post-25773-1262905982_thumb.jpg

When hubby called her over and sid "Asha, what this?' off she bolted! Didnt she know she was in trouble!

He had to go and get her, carry her over to her hole and tell her NO!

:rofl: No- she didn't really know she was in trouble for chewing the couch- she was reacting to hubby's voice tone/body language.

carrying her over to the hole and telling her no would not have meant much to her at all except perhaps made her wary of being caught/carried ...

Unless you catch them in the act- ignore.Do not fill in/block any holes with them watching, either- it just makes it a more interesting spot for next time :laugh:

she will dig again. It's fun- digging releases all sorts of scents, and it feels good on their paws.

Ideally there should be deterrent/barrier ,so she can't learn just how wonderful it is :rofl:

maybe think of using that ping-string ...digging under fences is not a good habit ;)

She;s starting to really settle in now- and, yes, this is when you will see her true nature coming out :rofl: She is comfortable in her environment, and will try and control it more.

GORGEOUS sausage photo! You do such a nice job of your shots :laugh:

:rofl: How cute!

Are you exercising her before you go to work? If she's bored you might need to consider taking her to obedience classes too. Chopper was a destructive escape artist when we got him [same age, 10 months]. Running the guts out of him in the morning and dog school at the weekends were the only way to make living with him bearable!