January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

Got home too late last night to post...so here is

Day 13 - plantings along the front fence of the school in Trentham

120110jon016.jpg

Today, after about an hour of insanity and acrobatics, the corellas got close enough for me to get a shot of this acrobat - the 'special effect' is courtesy of the fly screen

140110jon043d.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Helen – love yesterday’s photos….what a beautiful dog you have. :scared:

iltby – :o thanks so much for the nice comments! I’ve only had my dslr since September so I’m really still learning what works and what doesn’t but it’s nice to think that I’m getting better since my first attempts!

Schnauzerboy – hmm….well it’s probably not one of your best photos I’ll agree but full marks for trying something new! Even if it didn’t work out how you wanted. :heart:

Ams – awwww! Look at the baby kittens! Sooooo cute! I must say mummy cat really does not look impressed at all though!

flyingduster – love the little cat sitting by your hubby…she looks so unimpressed at your doggies antics! :laugh:

poocow – love the bathtime photo…your dogs are so expressive! Love your photos….

Anniek – love those two beach photos…

Wolfsong – that feather is gorgeous! Love the colours.

bec – great shot of the barber shop and *giggle* at your comment about the man in the window – I must admit I agree! :D

tlc – love that last shot – very spectacular!

Terranik – ooh love the effect of that self portrait! It does look ghostly…I haven't seen any twilight stuff but it does make me think of one of my favourite tv shows Supernatural!

iltby – love the spider web shots! Amazing depth of field…..

shell – omg I love the yoda protecting your desk! That’s awesome! Lovely shot of Remy too – he does look very happy surrounded by rope toys!

TangerineDream – love that last shot – I think the ‘fly screen effect’ is cool – nearly makes it look like a drawing.

Oink - nawww piggies! All lined up too - they look comfy.

Oh and tlc – I attempted to get my two to pose for me and this is what I got…*shakes head*

4274084794_75ca3ce529_o.jpg

Not exactly what I was going for! :) Obviously I need to work on training my two fluffballs and then I'll try again!

Guest Kate_Summer

Meant Justice not kja (getting confused between you 2 all the time!)

Nice shot huga

BBl when daughter stays in her bed grrr

TN, I am enjoying your pics so much, never knowing what you will come up with next its great!

Iltby, love your shots fabulous as always, your kittys cute as!!

FP, good effort, a little trick you can use is have a sqeeky ball or toy, dont let them see what you have and get them and yourself into postion and just as you are about to snap the shot squeek the toy. I have done this a few times but my guys seem to respond better to treats especailly the pup and Tully cause they just wanna play with the toy :laugh: btw your doggies are beautiful!!

TD, love the special effect, and thhe bird looks like it is falling out of the tree.

Oink, great piggy shot!!

Shell, yoda is cute, is his light sabre thingy lit up?? I like the light in your bird shot!

Edited by tlc

Terranik - Don't do it :laugh:

TLC - that last photo at the beach is really beautiful

\

The spider photos are great, and the one with the flower petals is amazing, I see webs with spiders and run the other direction, not stop to take a photo LOL

The collie photos are great

Tangerine dream - love the garden and the fly screen added an interesting effect

:laugh:

Iltby I just realised your avatar is Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs!

I havent read them for so long but used to love them !!

Yus! I thought I needed a change :) I used to read them a lot when I was younger :D

Challenged by a fever and lack of desire I ventured out last night and took some pics. Firstly I tried to get a series of pics of a neighbours white cat, only snapped a quickie before its owner came over asking me to pleeeease come and take photos of the other pets...and so the opportunity gone.

m_whitecat.jpg

So proceeded to the park. Thought id centre my attention on a tree...it had good texture..my daughter liked the bug we found

m_bug.jpg

Then we decided to have some fun with shadows with the last bit of sun that was quickly fading...it looked ok through the lens...but on editing I think it could warrant a 'graphic' warning...totally unintentional...do we have a 'not what I expected thread???"

m_shadowwoman.jpg

But then maybe its my fever playing tricks on me...

Thats pretty cool!! When you say camera studio, do you mean a designated room to do your photography in?? What kinds of things would one need for a camera studio? Im thinking about turning one of my rooms into a room where I can have all stuff to take pics and props etc. Just not sure which room I dont need. :love:

aha! I did it! NOT a photo of animals! Instead, I found thread on my desk, and plonked some onto a handy white envelope that was also on my desk... :mad

IMG_4258.jpg

I use the manual mode on my camera (not a DSLR though) and there'd no editing done (I really should download lightroom and see what it does...)

Edited by flyingduster

Day 15:

Its a shrub in my backyard that has funny shaped buds on it... i think its from the fern family :mad

4275372923_f4428aeb24.jpg

Lovely shot but I think its actually a conifer, looks very similar to the one in the front yard down the road ....