January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

So many good pics again!

Huga, love Harry with the fish, and before you put that pic up I seen the other one and I thought it must have been Harry looking at you bringing his breakfast :thumbsup: your little girl shot is so sweet she looks so innocent!

Red angel, love the pretty red rose!

Ams, love the shot of your work mate!!

Shell, love the kitty legs crossed, so cute!!

SB, the best thing about your cricket shot is the color and the kfc sign on the fence, Im so unaustralian I hate cricket. :laugh:

JS, just love your deralict house shot, will check out the others.

Fiona, I like the perspective of your shot, you should have had a doggy looking through the slats, I have tried this but not very successfully, might have to give it another go!

Kate, what lense did you use for the eye shot?

Tilly, I hope they found the kid, scary stuff!!

Bec, great shots looks like your two are getting on fabulously!! Love the one of Hairless and hairy legs :rofl: and as for my lot see my below post from the last page!! I realized when I read it back that I sound so casual about the way they pose, when I think about it, there is a lot of training attributed to how they all behave. Dont get me wrong they can be ferrel at times especailly when people come to visit, they all vi for the attention of that person and all thier manners go out the window, especially No 2 and No 4 ;)

As far as mine all together, I dunno I just have always tried to get them sitting all together and I have treats in my bag and they see me with the camera, sometimes now they just know even before I ask them to do what I want them to do!! Last year there was a challenge cant remember what exactly it was but my challenge for myself was to get a shot of all of mine together no leads on every day for a month somewhere different, so that was very good practice!! Im loving this challenge, it was my fav last year too, Im probly posting to many dog pics but that is what I love!! And I love that I havent missed a day yet.!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great stuff again for day 11, Everyone! I'm insanely busy so won't comment on them all this time.

Thank you to those who said they liked my Dora shot :thumbsup:

Didn't get time to upload anything from yesterday so will do that and today's later tonight hopefully!

Guest Kate_Summer

Heaps of great shot, I need to stop doing the post & run thing & comment!! LOL

I really love the building shots JS

Love your shot beca, your lucky your OH let you use him like that!!

TLC did your dog take super model courses?? :thumbsup:

Cute shot of the kid who innocently doing the finger at you huga lol

----

tlc I don't uses specific lenses I only have a Fujifilm Fine Pix S5700

Looking forward to the day where I can afford a great camera & lenses though!

Heaps of great shot, I need to stop doing the post & run thing & comment!! LOL

I really love the building shots JS

Love your shot beca, your lucky your OH let you use him like that!!

TLC did your dog take super model courses?? ;)

Cute shot of the kid who innocently doing the finger at you huga lol

----

tlc I don't uses specific lenses I only have a Fujifilm Fine Pix S5700

Looking forward to the day where I can afford a great camera & lenses though!

:thumbsup::laugh::rofl:

Guest Kate_Summer
Mine for today, not much thought gone into this one, but I have a question about these photos!

Collection or Obsession :thumbsup:

:rofl:

BOTH :laugh:

OMG tlc!!!! I thought it was just whippet people who had this problem. :banghead:

I took this yesterday through a slightly grubby glass window and fly wire screen. She looked so cute, just watching the world go by. It has a vignette effect that I didn't do. I am not sure why it appears, :mad I could actually see it when I took the photo. I used the 70-200.

4270671916_a7f1f0cf49.jpg

Perhaps I should use my new cloning skills to remove her little toys, an old flower pot and a dunny roll.

the other version, I didn't do a great job, I can see two red gum leaves, one original, one cloned, might go back for another bash at this but for now it will do. I am just please I am finally starting to have a go. :mad

4270011025_38fec104ba.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

OK, you will not believe what my photo is today:

Day 13 - meet Zeke.

JAN10_130.jpg

Canon 1DIII, Canon 135L f2.0, ISO 200, 1/500, f2.0; Lightroom edit

A lady just came into the dive shop and asked if I had left my dog in the car. It's like 43C here today. I'm incredulous and tell her of course not. "well, there was a dog shut in a car across the road from you guys so I thought maybe it was one of your people's." I said absolutely not, that car hasn't been there very long. Well, she let doggie out of the car, tied him to the back door and then came across to ask me to give him some cool water as his was HOT.

What is up with people leaving their dogs here? I'm sure they are in the pub next door. This dog has a collar on and the lady has rung both numbers and left messages.

Dog is now out of the car, in the shade and with a new bowl of water. I'm looking out every few minutes and he seems just happy.

Crazy.

Blog post here

Edited by kja

Bricks...

4270382219_405da09b95.jpg

Expect something good (slightly more interesting subject matter) from me on Friday when I get back from a last-minute, quickie camping trip.

Edited by Snap

I'm back! :crossfingers:

I have just had to quickly scroll through nearly SIXTY pages of work!!! Well done to everyone who is taking part and getting out there to shoot. That is a brilliant effort and I know we are going to crack 100 pages for sure :crossfingers:

For those who are only new to the challenges, I'm sure you've noticed the new subforum for the monthly challenges. If you have a little wander through previous months, you will find a bit of information about shooting on aperture mode, shutter priority and also on manual if you're wanting to attempt to move away from shooting on AUTO or Program modes. I also plan on revisiting these subects over the coming months challenges so be sure to stick with us and give the next few months a go. :)

Loving the work here everyone. Keep posting ;)