Fireworks

Colliewood

Hi Collingwood

I know exactly what you're talking about.

Miss Annabell has had 12 drops of Valerian and is now in her crate so relaxed instead of wandering everywhere. Plus Ballarat has had a disastrous few hours with fire, Elvis and two other water bombers, wind change, rain, thunder and lightening. The thunder won't let up either. So she has both things to cope with.

I called the police last night due to ongoing fireworks. The constable I spoke to said that he would send a car when available, but at the moment all cars where tied up with most attending house fires. One of those house fires was in a nearby street to me, thick black smoke had engulfed the neighbourhood a couple of hours earlier.

Maybe there is a God.

We've been blessed with heavy rain where I am. Lightning and thunder as well ..... I hope that causes no harm. But rain, glorious rain :thumbsup:. If there have been any fireworks around here (and normally they are quite close) I have a feeling that the weather has put a dampener on those activities because I have not seen any evidence of them. The thunder here is louder than the fireworks would have been. The lightening brighter. Nature's own New Year's celebration.

Edited by Erny

We had to go out for a few hours so I left the dogs in the kitchen with the radio on loudly. They seemed okay when we got home but as soon as I took them all out to the toilet there were some huge blasts that really frightened them :laugh: I have a few extras here and one of them seems most upset. They are all back in the kitchen now and there are fireworks going off fairly constantly. Since they are illegal WHY are they still about so much???? :thumbsup: Poor dogs.

Since they are illegal WHY are they still about so much???? :thumbsup: Poor dogs.

They are only illegal if there is no permit granted for their use. I've been playing tug and chase ball with my boy. He's a bit worried (salivating and a bit on the clingy side) but not too bad enough to not snap out of it when I instigate a game. I plan to take him out for a walk after the mainstream of fireworks over this way are done.

Edited by Erny

Oh joy! My neighbours from up country (Vaalies for all those ex-pats lucky enough to be living in Oz!), bless them, have not only brought their vicious dogs with them to an unfenced holiday property, they have been discharging fireworks for about 10 days. Fireworks are illegal here and permits are not given to individuals. However calling the cops is a waste of a phone call! I am very lucky in that neither of the cats nor Max appear to take any notice of the noise or lights.

Horus, I can but live in hope that there is a God, and that he/she is an animal lover!

We have an awesome display of lightning atm but my dogs just don't care a bit..

Same here no fireworks but some lightning.

Bob has never cared about loud noises but if someone opens at gate he goes off.

I was worried about how the puppy would go but all the thunder has done is wake her up for a second before she puts her head back down to sleep.

She has loved the rain.

They started near my house at around 8.00pm and have been going ever since. They have been letting them off every night for the last 3 weeks. My dogs luckily are not scared but I do feel for any dogs in the neighbourhood that don't like fireworks. Must be frightening for them as they are the ones that screech and also big blasts.

Still going off at the moment - wish they would just blow themselves up ggrrrr Must be an awful lot of permits given out NOT

We got through last night pretty unscathed - even though some yobbo neighbours had been letting off fireworks since the minute it got dark enough to see the pretty colours... grrr!

I had the TV up loud tuned to the fireworks on Sydney Harbour, and Zeddy was more settled than normal - only popping her head up from beside the couch when the local bangs were too close for comfort. Trouble slept through it all as normal - and the foster pups were totally unfazed by it all, even when they were outside going potty...

I didn't get to bed until after 1am due to the neigbours and their seemingly endless supply of fireworks... and back up again at 5:30am when the foster pups decided it was time to go outside, have breakfast, and play in the yard... *yawn*... guess who is going to be having a nanna nap on the couch later?

T.

We had a series of massive rockets go off at about quarter to eight, quite close.

Once upon a time, my girl would have basically shut down and spent most of the night pacing, clingy and even shaky.

I am so pleased to say that when she heard the rockets, she ran out and barked and was quite alarmed but she recovered and spent the rest of the evening in a relaxed state. Something that I wouldn't think possible.

I am quite impressed. What a great way to finish off the year :cheer:

Funnily enough, the neighbourhood was extremely quiet after this incident... too quiet for NYE!

EFS

Edited by Emm

yep, freakin next door neighbours letting rockets off in the road at 12 :eek:

my dally and new bully terrified, went out and called them f@@KIng inconsiderate bastards!!! won't be popular today :cheer:

i hate them, every year they do it, and the bunch the other end of the road do aswell. brought the boys inside till it was over. :rofl: i just wanted to sleep :cheers:

would love to have woken them all up this morning with a bang :cheers: