2010 Brags Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:grouphug: We have 12 pole weaving happening :) Still a lot of proofing to do, and speed and footwork to work on - and not 100% yet - but it's happening. It's so funny to watch, as Rory goes fairly slowly and thoughtfully at first, and then speeds up as he gets to the last 6 or 4 - his head gets really low and he works so hard to make sure he gets through them to get his reward. It's little red engine stuff - I think I can, I think I can - I know I can. :birthday:

This 2x2 is a truly amazing method. Just amazing to see the dog learning what his job is, and that he can do it by himself. :birthday:

Woohoo!!! :) ;)

I haven't practiced in a while, I really should....

Shell thats wonderful news - you really have done a great job with your kids :grouphug:

Tassie, Cider will be arriving in a brown paper bag next week - please return her when she is proficient at 12 weavers ;) :birthday: Goodonya for Rory's effort - the speed should come with confidence.

We had a Games trial this arvo and.......

The red boys (Alex and the occasionally clever one) redeemed themselves for their Nationals effort by winning masters strat pairs in the 500 height. The run was so smooth it was like eating lindt chocolate - thanks Caffy :birthday:.

Alex was on a roll and also took out excellent snooker with Scoota 2nd. Alex was 3rd in excellent gamblers.

I blew the dust off Beans - the last time she did agility was at the Nationals and bless her she took out the 400 height in Excellent snooker and excellent gamblers. :)

I also got to run our newly crowned Agility Champion girl, Emmy in Masters Strat pairs and we took out the 600 height.

I will sleep well tonight :)

The red boys (Alex and the occasionally clever one) redeemed themselves for their Nationals effort by winning masters strat pairs in the 500 height. The run was so smooth it was like eating lindt chocolate - thanks Caffy :D.

Alex was on a roll and also took out excellent snooker with Scoota 2nd. Alex was 3rd in excellent gamblers.

I blew the dust off Beans - the last time she did agility was at the Nationals and bless her she took out the 400 height in Excellent snooker and excellent gamblers. :laugh:

I also got to run our newly crowned Agility Champion girl, Emmy in Masters Strat pairs and we took out the 600 height.

Thanks Ptolomy..a great partner to have...the rules are simple, Alex does the weavers and seesaw and Scoota does the other contacts...that's our strategy!! :rofl:

Thanks Ptolomy..a great partner to have...the rules are simple, Alex does the weavers and seesaw and Scoota does the other contacts...that's our strategy!! :rofl:

That just about sums it up - and we work out the rest of the course around those 4 peices of equipment :laugh:

I raised a glass last night to Moo who managed yesterday's masters gamblers gamble which had 8 weavers angling away from the distance line so the furtherest weaver would have been 8m from where I was running and he was weaving on my wrong side - I think I can no longer say my boy doesn't weave on my right :) and obviously osmosis does work since he has been watching the 2 x 2 videos with me each night - I keep saying to him I hope your watching this - Go the obedience dogs :D

Edited by Ptolomy

For those of you who know something about Retrieving Trials for Gundogs, I proudly gained my QND (Qualifying Novice Dog) Title on the Long Weekend in June at the Lab Club/Gsp Trials held at Waikerie, SA.

Bailey works hard each season and I have a completion rate of about 90%......but never in the placings.

At least now this new Title recognizes the effort put in to finish a Trial.

I am still aiming for the elusive NRD (Novice Retrieving Dog) Title.............You need 3 wins to get this and I only have to get 2 more with only 7 trials for the year left in SA.

I might have to do some road trips to Vic if I haven't achieved my goal by the end of our Season.

:rofl: Congrats, great to see another Retrieving brag!! Good luck in getting the NRD!

Congrats! Went to watch a retrieving trial yesterday ( the Restricted class) and it was awesome, those dogs are really trained well! I hope to do retrieving one day, will start training for it a bit now, and then try and get into it next year when Mason is a bit more reliable off lead.

jCongratulations girls (and boys!) Go the red dogs!!!! ;)

Thanks Ptolomy..a great partner to have...the rules are simple, Alex does the weavers and seesaw and Scoota does the other contacts...that's our strategy!! :eek:

That just about sums it up - and we work out the rest of the course around those 4 peices of equipment :(

I raised a glass last night to Moo who managed yesterday's masters gamblers gamble which had 8 weavers angling away from the distance line so the furtherest weaver would have been 8m from where I was running and he was weaving on my wrong side - I think I can no longer say my boy doesn't weave on my right :D and obviously osmosis does work since he has been watching the 2 x 2 videos with me each night - I keep saying to him I hope your watching this - Go the obedience dogs :D

Shell thats wonderful news - you really have done a great job with your kids ;)

Tassie, Cider will be arriving in a brown paper bag next week - please return her when she is proficient at 12 weavers :):) Goodonya for Rory's effort - the speed should come with confidence.

The red boys (Alex and the occasionally clever one) redeemed themselves for their Nationals effort by winning masters strat pairs in the 500 height. The run was so smooth it was like eating lindt chocolate - thanks Caffy :).

I blew the dust off Beans - the last time she did agility was at the Nationals and bless her she took out the 400 height in Excellent snooker and excellent gamblers. :D

I will sleep well tonight :)

:laugh: I should think you will sleep well - and caffy :laugh: - what a fantastic day you guys had.

:o about sending Cider over. I tried Rory on his 12 poles on the bottom oval at our dog club today. At first it was too many distractions - the flyball dogs were up on the top oval. However, he eventually got his act together, and we were getting some nice (if careful) work on 12 poles. Better right hand weaving than left (not surprisingly) - he was doing nice entries with me about 4 metres away laterally, and him starting level with about pole 4. :laugh: On the left - more trouble locating entry and tendency to pop just before 10 - not helped by the fact that the weavers themselves were a bit rocky. But he did get things right as we went on - he's so funny - working the last 4 in a really determined way and then exploding out to get his tuggy.

Now I have to work out how I'm going to do the footwork thing - I don't have serious 2x2 bases - will have to try with my stick in the ground jump poles I think - cos it's definitely something I'll have to work on the get real speed - he's doing the right thing with his head, but almost tripping over his feet sometimes :D .

Ptolomy wrote:

I raised a glass last night to Moo who managed yesterday's masters gamblers gamble which had 8 weavers angling away from the distance line so the furtherest weaver would have been 8m from where I was running and he was weaving on my wrong side - I think I can no longer say my boy doesn't weave on my right and obviously osmosis does work since he has been watching the 2 x 2 videos with me each night - I keep saying to him I hope your watching this - Go the obedience dogs

See - I told you the 2x2 was miraculous ;) - even works with the dog just sitting watching it :laugh:

Ok where is smisch she needs to get in here and post about her Agility Success from this weekend, I do want to post what a great weekend she had as I have just found out but I think she deserves the honor of doing that.

Smisch get your butt in here and get posting ;) :laugh::laugh::laugh::o