What Shampoo Do You Use?

whitka

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orbit needs regular bathing (allergies) - the only medicated shampoo that doesn't make him dry out and itchy is Rufus and Coco's medicated shampoo. As for just general washing, I use a very mild goats milk soap and also occasionally a coal tar shampoo or Palmers Cocoa Butter Shampoo (this one in particular is really lovely on his coat and leaves him smelling like chocolate :thumbsup: )

I don't use shampoo, I use Coal Tar Soap. Their coats have never been blacker or whiter and no more dandruff.

I do nightfill and I mainly work in the health and beauty area and I have always wondered....Does that coal tar smell go away?

Started with Aloveen, then tried PAW but have gone back to Aloveen again.

I love that the conditioner is leave-in or light rinse and I don't have to be sooo thorough about rinsing it all out like I do with the shampoo :cry:

Another DOLer (Erny) recently suggested using Calendula tea for irritated/dry skin so I'm going to give that a go too :(

I use a Fido's one for black coats on Trixie, and a blue whitening one on Kyzer, I think the brand is Rudducks, followed by Hi shine oil rinse, which is similar to Seabreeze Oil, but made for horses, and is about a quarter of the price. Works really well on their short single coats and doesn't make them fluffy.