Ziva's Thread - They Are Here!

SpikesPuppy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had some pizza for tea- with enough left in the fridge for after :)

I swear I am going to look back on this thread and think OMG how stupid was I to think *that* was a sign of whelping :laugh: Every little thing is like "okay, is this it??"

HOWEVER I think something positive is on it's way... just did her temp again and it's risen since this afternoon :thumbsup: She has also been drinking water here and there and has eaten a bit of boiled chicken (some Borders have been known to eat while whelping ;) ) but refused it when I offered her some as a peace-offering after the temp. taking.

She is now wandering around the whelping room, digging then sitting down then getting up and digging again etc. Hopefully soon :cry: In the meantime I am getting lots of uni reading done :eek::cry:

BTW is there an overdose limit for Rescue Remedy? :laugh:

Had some pizza for tea- with enough left in the fridge for after :)

I swear I am going to look back on this thread and think OMG how stupid was I to think *that* was a sign of whelping :laugh: Every little thing is like "okay, is this it??"

HOWEVER I think something positive is on it's way... just did her temp again and it's risen since this afternoon :thumbsup: She has also been drinking water here and there and has eaten a bit of boiled chicken (some Borders have been known to eat while whelping ;) ) but refused it when I offered her some as a peace-offering after the temp. taking.

She is now wandering around the whelping room, digging then sitting down then getting up and digging again etc. Hopefully soon :cheer: In the meantime I am getting lots of uni reading done :(:winner:

BTW is there an overdose limit for Rescue Remedy? :laugh:

Oooooh saw a post thought things happening. :cheers: Not really because they are. :eek::cry:

SP you know you should have had a live feed up. :cry::o :D

I've got the laptop on the bed for the updates during the night! Told you she would hang on all day, just waiting for you to look sleepy and exhausted.... :eek:

Good luck Elsa and look forward to hearing the great news - when it finally happens.

Cheers

Gaela

I don't wanna post 'cos I don't wanna get people's hopes up :eek: I feel bad for pre-empting but in my defense I'm very excited :o

So far, she has asked to go out for wees a few times, and her vulva looks to be swelling (though that could be wishful thinking on my part. Ha!), been panting on and off, little bit of clear discharge.....

House is quiet now- the only light on is the laptop, so hopefully that will help get her going. She is also completely off her food now- even warm chicken wasn't good enough!

Mum's in bed :mad and I'm here eating pizza. I'll give her til midnight lol then I'm going to sleep (she will sleep with me on the stretcher so if anything happens I wont miss it!!).

ETA- I will change the title when something actually happens :(

Edited by SpikesPuppy

Just prior to 2:30am, Ziva's water broke (on my doona, never mind! That's why Dog invented the washing machine :) ).

At 2:58am the first little girl entered the World. It is now 5:53am and there are 6 new little Border Terriers in our family :(

2 dogs and 4 bitches :love:

We were expecting 7 so keeping an eye on her and the clock, but at the moment she is very settled & peaceful.

Everything happened so quickly and so smoothly (touch wood). Very proud of my girl, even though she kept us all waiting so long!!!

I will post pictures later today :laugh:

As for colors, I think all grizzle & tan but I could be wrong (got the blurry vision thing happening :( )

I've just got up Elsa - how is the count looking? They will be Grizzle and Tan with those 2 parents. Blue and Tan are so black at birth they stick out so you would pick them straight away. Well done kiddo - just want to know if there are anymore although 6 is enough for a BT.

Cheers

Gaela

Hi guys- rang the emergency vet after number 7 didn't show up promptly, however Ziva was very relaxed and settled so they suggested we wait and see our own vet when they open (8:30), however of course not to hesitate to come down if there were any issues. Asked me heaps of questions LOL but nothing gave them any reason for concern so I am trusting them as well as Ziva. They think the xray was misread.

Ziva has toileted and is now very happily nursing/resting with her 6 little munchkins (I am more then happy with 6!! And 4 girls wooo hooo although most of the pet people wanted boys :love: ).

Thank you so much everyone for your support, it has been a great help (and I have to say, the birth went so quickly and with no issues that the 2 days of total boredom were worth it LOL).

Such an amazing, exhausting experience. Wow.

Edited by SpikesPuppy