Ziva's Thread - They Are Here!

SpikesPuppy

Okay, because I can :) and I want a record of this :D

From Saturday night, Ziva and I have been sleeping in the spare-turned-whelping room, her in the whelping box and me on a stretcher beside her. Last night she slept very close to me however and this morning, her temp was just on 37. Around lunchtime her temp was down to 36.8 and she has been acting a little differently. She is due on Wednesday but it looks like she is on her way.

Of course, given that this is my first whelping, I could be looking far too much into it but I have a feeling that this is the ball rolling.

She is currently sitting under my chair, occasionally scratching at the carpet or her box. She had a few half-hearted bites of her lunch and just looks..... different.

Anyway, this is our thread :) be prepared for potentially stupid questions or random updates LOL. Mum's leave doesn't start 'til tomorrow but her work has graciously allowed her to leave early and she should be home shortly.

My whelping kit is almost complete (I have a package waiting for me at the Post Office which mum will collect on her way home from work, which contains the final items I need), however I have all the basics ready and waiting plus LOTS of towels and newspapers :)

post-2621-1263783721_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpikesPuppy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys :) No news yet LOL. Except that it is COLD here so we have the heater on LMAO. Just to try and regulate the temperature of the house for her and her bubs :rofl:

She keeps looking for somewhere to rest, but doesn't settle down for long, scratches the carpet etc. And she wont let me out of her sight.

But still seems very happy so now we play the waiting game :rofl:

(Oh, got my package too lol so my kit is complete :rofl:. The wombaroo smells yummy :rofl: )

Hope to have some news to share soon :)

LOL Anne. Not quite... but she is getting more restless as the night goes on. Mum has gone to bed so it's just me & Ziva amusing ourselves LOL.

This waiting part is hard!! Don't know about anyone else but I find it a little stressful- any time she does something it's a moment of "OMG what's happening??" Then she's back to normal...

She was wandering around looking for a 'cave' so I put 3 walls around the whelping box & a blanket over the top- this seems to impress her :thumbsup:

LOL Anne. Not quite... but she is getting more restless as the night goes on. Mum has gone to bed so it's just me & Ziva amusing ourselves LOL.

This waiting part is hard!! Don't know about anyone else but I find it a little stressful- any time she does something it's a moment of "OMG what's happening??" Then she's back to normal...

She was wandering around looking for a 'cave' so I put 3 walls around the whelping box & a blanket over the top- this seems to impress her :laugh:

:thumbsup::offtopic: :offtopic: I am off to bed. :(

SP how you doing, bored silly yet?? I hate the waiting part, my guess is first pup at 2am :offtopic:

Phone is by my bed, please dont hesitate to call ok? Im up and daown with bubs anyway, :thumbsup:

Edited by Missymoo

SP how you doing, bored silly yet?? I hate the waiting part, my guess is first pup at 2am :laugh:

Phone is by my bed, please dont hesitate to call ok? Im up and daown with bubs anyway, :offtopic:

Very bored LOL. But getting some uni stuff done so it's not a complete waste of time hehe.

Thank you again :thumbsup: I will call if I need any help (or just to say "OMG is this what's meant to happen?" LOL).

BUT if nothing else changes once I finish this report, I'm gonna have to get some sleep otherwise I will be buggered tomorrow :offtopic: That's if I can sleep lol.

post-2621-1263819061_thumb.jpg