Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Still waiting here! 4 and a half weeks to go..

I'm thinking I should have looked closer at your ad, Ellz! I'm still waiting for my pup update :cry: Hopefully it will all be worth the waiting in a few weeks! :rofl:

:rofl: Oh well, still two little boys here looking for homes if you know of anybody who wants one. ;)

One black, one very stripey brindle. They'll stay here until they are old enough for nursing homes if nobody wants them. :rofl:

The litter is being spread out with one girl in Cairns already, one in Melbourne and one going to Townsville in a week or so. I'm keeping two and have another going to his new home locally on the weekend IF I get my car back, otherwise it will probably be next weekend.

I just had another call from the guy who is possibly getting his boy on the weekend. He's SOOOOOOOOO excited!!! :laugh:

AND I just got a really lovely PUPdate from the girl in Cairns with some photos. It's just as nice receiving the PUPdates from the breeders' point of view! :D

Updates or not we're in love with the guy we're waiting for :rofl: He's a little blackie, too.

I used to send updates to our last pup's breeder every few weeks, she always seemed happy to hear what was going on and see new pics, and it was fun to share as well!

My cousin's on the other side of it at the moment, she bred her teacup chiuaua to devestating results late last year (lost all but one pup and mum), and actually gave the remaining pup to her brother half heartedly in December, and she hasn't had one update! From her own brother! She's pretty upset about it. I hope it will serve as a lesson for her though, because she shouldn't be breeding dogs at all, she doesn't have the resources or know how. But, regardless..it makes you realise how much it can mean to people to get those updates!

FD26 ~ That is so sad, and a very painful lesson to learn. What shame, her brother doesn't think she may like to see how the pup is doing....

One of the breeders of one of my dogs, wasn't that fussed if I gave an update or not. They didn't seem to care, which of course made me ask myself why I was even bothering. So it goes both ways I guess. Though this breeder was a first timer, and the pup didn't even look like the breed I paid $1,000+ for, but I was assured by others sometimes they don't fill out until 18 months to 2 yrs.....but its something my OH and I questioned all along.....she looked like a cross. Plus she had health issues which the breeder was very blase' about it.....I'd never go through that again. Hence my wanting a recommended breeder, I don't want to make that mistake again.

Bluefairy

when my dad fot his puppy they were all so lovely and we send picks let them no how things were coming and they were so happy then one day didnt care anymore i was like hmm ok odd.

the breeder im waiting on is lovely i think just as excited as i am we really clicked and now email like twice a day unless were busy.

omg its so exciting

I guess it appears we are always excited as its our little baby growing up :laugh: plus we experience every minute of their lives 24/7. Whereas the breeder must get a lot of puppies come and go over years and trying to keep track of every one would be mind boggling.

I think it will always be we are more excited about everything than the breeder is....though most of them have been in our shoes once or twice themselves, so understand.

I hope I get a breeder I feel comfortable with and not intimidated by....which is what usually happens when I meet strangers....even other peoples children make me feel this way....I guess thats why I prefer dogs and cats, they tend to except me for me and never expect too much.

And yes it is soo exciting, I can feel your excitement in your posts and its contagious :rofl:

Bluefairy

Will be getting my first ever dog very soon, a German Shorthaired Pointer from Heiderst kennels. The time has actually flown by SO quickly, it seems it was just last week that we were talking to the breeder and putting down a deposit when the pups weren't even born yet, now its only a week and a bit until he arrives!

I'm a little anxious and overwhelmed actually, being my first dog and all the knowledge that requires, plus then having to find out how shows run, kennel memberships etc ( I will be showing him :) )

I'm sure all that will fly out the window when I see him though. Still haven't picked a *specific* puppy, no doubt the breeder will be sending photos soon and hopefully I can pick out a lovely male then, I have the name Eastwood or Grissom in mind. :)

Hi Keyarna,

And welcome to the club :) I love Grissom as a name....but I love the show too :) when you get pics of your pup its a law here you must post them or be forever hounded by us for pics....Ok :) Time is dragging for me, everyday I think about pups and everyday it drags on......I'm not the most patient person :)

Bluefairy

If this is your first show puppy then I am quite surprised that the breeder is letting you choose it for yourself. I hope that the breeder is going to help and advise you:)

I must admit that I never let me puppy buyers choose their puppy. I try very hard to match the right puppy to the right owner and have had to tell puppy buyers that sadly I did not have a suitable puppy for them - not that they werent good homes. But I did have a puppy that suited their situation. They did at least appreciate my honesty.

But I do wish you the very best of luck with your new puppy:)

I think it is the most exciting and slightly scary time bringing a new puppy home - just remember to keep your shoes locked up <vbg>

Regards

Hi Keyarna,

And welcome to the club :D I love Grissom as a name....but I love the show too :) when you get pics of your pup its a law here you must post them or be forever hounded by us for pics....Ok :thumbsup: Time is dragging for me, everyday I think about pups and everyday it drags on......I'm not the most patient person :laugh:

Bluefairy

I Know how you feel i feel the same way just dosent feel real yet.

Amber is home :) She was a very good girl in the car, not a squeak out of her for the 2 hours. The other dogs are slightly horrified, lol. She was quite relaxed about everything here and is very smoochy. She is fast asleep now.

Will be getting my first ever dog very soon, a German Shorthaired Pointer from Heiderst kennels. The time has actually flown by SO quickly, it seems it was just last week that we were talking to the breeder and putting down a deposit when the pups weren't even born yet, now its only a week and a bit until he arrives!

I'm a little anxious and overwhelmed actually, being my first dog and all the knowledge that requires, plus then having to find out how shows run, kennel memberships etc ( I will be showing him :) )

I'm sure all that will fly out the window when I see him though. Still haven't picked a *specific* puppy, no doubt the breeder will be sending photos soon and hopefully I can pick out a lovely male then, I have the name Eastwood or Grissom in mind. :D

Hey Keyarna - make sure you head over to the GSP thread .... there are a couple of us who have just gotten our new pup's home (my 9 week old boy only came home a week ago) ... so a few of us will be going through the growing pains together (thankfully I have an older GSP to help out though) ... http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...&start=7935

well i just went to see my pup for the weekly visit and omg is he getting big, it was their first time eating mince and they gobbed it down so fast lol, its amazing, last week he could barely stand and now he can run like the wind ahahha, the next four weeks better go by quick otherwise i may just explode from excitement!

Amber is home :cry: She was a very good girl in the car, not a squeak out of her for the 2 hours. The other dogs are slightly horrified, lol. She was quite relaxed about everything here and is very smoochy. She is fast asleep now.

How did the first night go Jules? Amber sounds like a chilled out little puppy. Don't forget to post pics. :(

Amber is home :cry: She was a very good girl in the car, not a squeak out of her for the 2 hours. The other dogs are slightly horrified, lol. She was quite relaxed about everything here and is very smoochy. She is fast asleep now.

How did the first night go Jules? Amber sounds like a chilled out little puppy. Don't forget to post pics. :cry:

I second pics please :( ! Amber is a nice name.

First night went very well. Not a squeak out of her! I do 'cheat' though and leave one of the bigger dogs in. Poppy was babysitter last night and has gone from hating Amber to being her friend. No wees or poos inside either yet and I only got up once during the night. She is eating, drinking and toileting.

Am loving the Bunnings compost pens. Would definitely recommend putting them on your list. They are a wire crate and cost $26. I have attached mine to my crate for a nice little pen.

Am trying to get photos but she doesn't stay still for long and is usually dashing back to my feet! lol

Edited by JulesP

JulesP ~ Can you give us a picture of your pen from Bunnings? We don't have a Bunnings here, the nearest one is 250km south, so next time I'm in the city. I'm glad you pup is so easy going, lets hope the rest of the time and training is as easy :(

All the new puppies....awww pics are a must have people.....

I am supposed to be doing an assignment, can't you see I am studying and typing it out???? :cry: this is what I do most of the time, hitting my head on a brick wall.....atm I'm just NOT in the mood...ho hum I better go do some or I'll get behind.

Bluefairy

First night went very well. Not a squeak out of her! I do 'cheat' though and leave one of the bigger dogs in. Poppy was babysitter last night and has gone from hating Amber to being her friend. No wees or poos inside either yet and I only got up once during the night. She is eating, drinking and toileting.

Am loving the Bunnings compost pens. Would definitely recommend putting them on your list. They are a wire crate and cost $26. I have attached mine to my crate for a nice little pen.

Am trying to get photos but she doesn't stay still for long and is usually dashing back to my feet! lol

Haha, you sound like your having an easier time then me :cry: I did exactly the same thing with my crate, its really good, wish I had a crate for when Phoenix was a baby. First night I put her in the crate/pen with a puppy pad in the corner of the pen. She took 45mins to settle the first night, woke up 3 hrs later, I took her out for a pee, back in, she wouldn't settle so I got in the crate with here, no it wasn't comfortable, she settled and then woke up again at 5:30 and wanted out, so I took her out again. She stayed awake after that. The goldens slept close to the crate all night, but obviously that wasn't good enough for her. Second night and last night I left Indy in the lounge room, and put Phoenix in with Willow, with the pen open. Not a peep out of her, however we have had a couple of little peeing accidents unfortunately. Last night I let them out at about 1am, so she must of had an accident between then and 6am. She used the pee pad once, and then there was a nice little puddle next to one of the beds. She is much more settled though when she has someone to curl up with, Phoenix in this case. Just trying to work out if I'd rather the noise or the peeing. Will have to get up more than once tonight methinks.