Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Heres hoping this post makes some sense....

I am so tired...could make things tricky. Most likely be a novel.

So, Friday morning came along and we hit the road to get "BUFFY" at 5am (woke at 4am)..

It was a nice drive to the Breeders and we arrived 4 and a half hours later, at 9:30.

We arrived at the beautiful property to see that the Breeder had just finished giving our puppy a bath and was

drying her over....all snuggled in a towel. My heart melted right there and then...

So after the Breeder put my heart in the fridge to save it from melting, we got to meet Buffy properly

and she seemed to really take to us (and to me mostly I have to brag)

We met her mother and the other 5 puppies, as ours was the first to leave for a new home.

The breeder had set up a beautiful morning tea..cakes, biscuits, teas coffees etc...and we sat down and chatted

for ages while all the puppies played around. Was adorable..

One minute the puppies would be running around like crazy, the next they would all be found sleeping, as if they had all just passed out right where they were standing at the time.

Buffy though, seemed to know who we were and what might be happening. She mainly played by our feet while the others were busy exploring the fenced area/garden.

After chatting for ages about everything Beagle (and then some) the breeder gave us a lesson in showing a Beagle, what she uses, how to groom

etc. She had even been working with Buffy already on stacking, who seems to have it down pat already! (with a little work she will be free stacking perfectly before I know it)

We sat down to do some paperwork and go thru that side of things before leaving at about 12:30ish with Buffy safe and sound in her carrier and my heart retrieved from the fridge.

I really felt for the breeder at that stage, it was very clear that it's hard to send the puppies off to a new home after caring for them so intensely for so long.

She whined for about 5 mins before settling and falling asleep. About an hour later she was awake and just watching us at the front of her carrier while we drove on. As the property was out in the middle of nowhere, the roads were awful (I really feel for those that live in the country and use these roads daily etc)

and before we knew it, Buffy was sick. We made a rest stop (one of many along the way) so she could gather herself, go to the toilet if needed and so we could clean her bedding. We left with her falling asleep again but before long she was awake and throwing up again. Was heartbreaking to see and this continued for the rest of the way home.

We made many stops which she seemed to appreciate...she would be bouncing about, tail wagging. She would happily return to her carrier herself and away we would go.

At this stage, we were coming back into the city/burbs and now, with all the stops, we had hit peak hour traffic so it delayed our journey home.

Finally getting home, almost 7 hours after we left the breeders, Buffy seemed happy the trip was over and started the exploration of her new home.

Even though dinner was offered, she didnt eat but had a good drink...or 10.

That first night, she slept all the way thru pretty much. No whining..no nothing. We would wake her every 2ish hours (when our alarm would go off) and take her out to the toilet but she never went. At 6am we were woken by her and took her out to the toilet where she released a river. After that she didnt want to go back to bed. She still didnt want to eat but otherwise seemed really happy and puppy like. She had one "accident" but as she was being supervised so closely, we caught her as she started and raced her outside leaving a trail of poops along the way.

She slept most of Saturday and when she was awake, although she seemed happy she was obviously missing her litter mates.

Was sorta funny while sad at the same time. She would be running around, tail wagging, playing with toys etc all while whining and sounding sad.

Saturday arvo/night, she decided it was time to play mind games...I swear!!

We would take her out after she would wake, she drank, she played etc...be out there for 20 odd mins and she wouldnt go. We would be in for about 2 mins, would look away for one second (like look at clock) and turn back and she would be going to toilet. One, she woke, I was taking her out to the toilet, she was on her lead, I turned to open door and yep, turn back and she would be peeing.

With that said though, again, she didnt go to the toilet all night, despite us waking every few hours to take her out.

Today, Sunday, she hasnt done one accident inside which is good compared to yesterday. She woke us at about 7 with some cute little puppy barks, the first time we heard her bark. We took her out to the toilet, she went, and then we hoped back into bed together where we all slept for another hour.

She also got to meet the family today which involved young and old, dogs (even a Great Dane) and kids. Was a good socializing session and she loved it.

Today, she has also really come out of her shell. Its been amazing and shows to us she really has settled ok now...and so quickly.

She has picked out her favorite toys and takes them everywhere she goes.

Shes a real joy and has been so much better than I expected. Its so cute to tell her stand and she assumes the stacking position, legs back, tail in the air. She knows sit and knows come, fairly well. Shes starting to clue on to her name too which is good to see.

Im sitting here tired, not because shes been whining etc but because I wake up to take her out to the toilet when she doesnt even want to go. She just wants to go back to her crate and back to bed. Tonight im only going to wake once to take her out and see how I go. I assume if she wakes herself she will wake us anyway.

Am excited to see what the first week with her will be like! She starts puppy school on Weds night which im looking forward to. Shes clearly a smart puppy (like all really) and I wanna take advantage of that while I can.

Anyway, im off for now. She sleeping by my feet but can feel her starting to stir.

Heres a pic to enjoy...there will be more to follow im sure.

47873_438963206560_567571560_5586344_3255640_n.jpg

Heres hoping this post makes some sense....

I am so tired...could make things tricky. Most likely be a novel.

So, Friday morning came along and we hit the road to get "BUFFY" at 5am (woke at 4am)..

It was a nice drive to the Breeders and we arrived 4 and a half hours later, at 9:30.

We arrived at the beautiful property to see that the Breeder had just finished giving our puppy a bath and was

drying her over....all snuggled in a towel. My heart melted right there and then...

So after the Breeder put my heart in the fridge to save it from melting, we got to meet Buffy properly

and she seemed to really take to us (and to me mostly I have to brag)

We met her mother and the other 5 puppies, as ours was the first to leave for a new home.

The breeder had set up a beautiful morning tea..cakes, biscuits, teas coffees etc...and we sat down and chatted

for ages while all the puppies played around. Was adorable..

One minute the puppies would be running around like crazy, the next they would all be found sleeping, as if they had all just passed out right where they were standing at the time.

Buffy though, seemed to know who we were and what might be happening. She mainly played by our feet while the others were busy exploring the fenced area/garden.

After chatting for ages about everything Beagle (and then some) the breeder gave us a lesson in showing a Beagle, what she uses, how to groom

etc. She had even been working with Buffy already on stacking, who seems to have it down pat already! (with a little work she will be free stacking perfectly before I know it)

We sat down to do some paperwork and go thru that side of things before leaving at about 12:30ish with Buffy safe and sound in her carrier and my heart retrieved from the fridge.

I really felt for the breeder at that stage, it was very clear that it's hard to send the puppies off to a new home after caring for them so intensely for so long.

She whined for about 5 mins before settling and falling asleep. About an hour later she was awake and just watching us at the front of her carrier while we drove on. As the property was out in the middle of nowhere, the roads were awful (I really feel for those that live in the country and use these roads daily etc)

and before we knew it, Buffy was sick. We made a rest stop (one of many along the way) so she could gather herself, go to the toilet if needed and so we could clean her bedding. We left with her falling asleep again but before long she was awake and throwing up again. Was heartbreaking to see and this continued for the rest of the way home.

We made many stops which she seemed to appreciate...she would be bouncing about, tail wagging. She would happily return to her carrier herself and away we would go.

At this stage, we were coming back into the city/burbs and now, with all the stops, we had hit peak hour traffic so it delayed our journey home.

Finally getting home, almost 7 hours after we left the breeders, Buffy seemed happy the trip was over and started the exploration of her new home.

Even though dinner was offered, she didnt eat but had a good drink...or 10.

That first night, she slept all the way thru pretty much. No whining..no nothing. We would wake her every 2ish hours (when our alarm would go off) and take her out to the toilet but she never went. At 6am we were woken by her and took her out to the toilet where she released a river. After that she didnt want to go back to bed. She still didnt want to eat but otherwise seemed really happy and puppy like. She had one "accident" but as she was being supervised so closely, we caught her as she started and raced her outside leaving a trail of poops along the way.

She slept most of Saturday and when she was awake, although she seemed happy she was obviously missing her litter mates.

Was sorta funny while sad at the same time. She would be running around, tail wagging, playing with toys etc all while whining and sounding sad.

Saturday arvo/night, she decided it was time to play mind games...I swear!!

We would take her out after she would wake, she drank, she played etc...be out there for 20 odd mins and she wouldnt go. We would be in for about 2 mins, would look away for one second (like look at clock) and turn back and she would be going to toilet. One, she woke, I was taking her out to the toilet, she was on her lead, I turned to open door and yep, turn back and she would be peeing.

With that said though, again, she didnt go to the toilet all night, despite us waking every few hours to take her out.

Today, Sunday, she hasnt done one accident inside which is good compared to yesterday. She woke us at about 7 with some cute little puppy barks, the first time we heard her bark. We took her out to the toilet, she went, and then we hoped back into bed together where we all slept for another hour.

She also got to meet the family today which involved young and old, dogs (even a Great Dane) and kids. Was a good socializing session and she loved it.

Today, she has also really come out of her shell. Its been amazing and shows to us she really has settled ok now...and so quickly.

She has picked out her favorite toys and takes them everywhere she goes.

Shes a real joy and has been so much better than I expected. Its so cute to tell her stand and she assumes the stacking position, legs back, tail in the air. She knows sit and knows come, fairly well. Shes starting to clue on to her name too which is good to see.

Im sitting here tired, not because shes been whining etc but because I wake up to take her out to the toilet when she doesnt even want to go. She just wants to go back to her crate and back to bed. Tonight im only going to wake once to take her out and see how I go. I assume if she wakes herself she will wake us anyway.

Am excited to see what the first week with her will be like! She starts puppy school on Weds night which im looking forward to. Shes clearly a smart puppy (like all really) and I wanna take advantage of that while I can.

Anyway, im off for now. She sleeping by my feet but can feel her starting to stir.

Heres a pic to enjoy...there will be more to follow im sure.

47873_438963206560_567571560_5586344_3255640_n.jpg

I haven't posted on here for ages but often just get on and have a read about everyon's new babies. I loved reading your 'novel' about Buffy. We had the same lovely experience with Jangels breeder six months ago. Buffy is just beautiful. Congratulations.

Aww Ishy, Buffy is just adorable! I love beagle puppies they are just so cute!

It sounds like she has been a good girl so far. If I were you, I wouldn't bother waking her up at night to toilet her, she sounds like the kind of puppy who is happy to hold it and sleep right through the night (lucky you!). My puppy was also pretty much like this and some 8 week old puppies are capable of holding all night.

I am sure she will wake you if she does want to go out anyway.

Have fun with her!

Cassie's puppies have arrived!! :)

Four boys two girls so far! :)

And one of the boys is for meeeeeeee~!

Congrats Dju :laugh: Cant wait to see pictures of your little man!

You must be so excited :o

Like you wouldn't believe! :hug:

Thanks for the update Ishy. Love hearing peoples puppy stories! She's such a gorgeous little thing. :hug:

I get to pick up my beautiful little girl next week :)

So very excited!

Here is a 5 1/2 week old photo of her, she is gonna be a stunner just like her daddy (attached a photo of him)

Oooh Tollersowned, not long to go for you at all!! She's a little cutie and her dad is very impressive looking. How exciting!!

I get to pick up my beautiful little girl next week :grouphug:

So very excited!

Here is a 5 1/2 week old photo of her, she is gonna be a stunner just like her daddy (attached a photo of him)

Tollersowned have to agree - both are absolute stunners!

Have you thought of names yet? Enquiring minds (mine!) would like to know :cry:

:)

Hi everyone :-)

What adorable looking puppies! It makes the wait a bit easier. We pick up our puppy, Tonka (aka Tyson 'coz he bit another puppy's ear at the vet) this Friday and we just can't wait. Our breeder sent us a pic last night and I nearly drove the 2 and a bit hours to pick him up right then & there :-)

We pick up our puppy, Tonka (aka Tyson 'coz he bit another puppy's ear at the vet) this Friday and we just can't wait. Our breeder sent us a pic last night and I nearly drove the 2 and a bit hours to pick him up right then & there :-)

Pictures please Aso :)

I get to pick up my beautiful little girl next week :rofl:

So very excited!

Tollersowned have to agree - both are absolute stunners!

Have you thought of names yet? Enquiring minds (mine!) would like to know :rofl:

:rofl:

Thanks, I actually own her dad so know what a stunning dog he is inside and out! :rofl:

Her name will be Jovi (as in Bon Jovi), her show name is _________ Livn OnA Prayr, in memory of my mum who passed away this year and never got to see the eventuation of all my jabbering about Darcy (dad) becoming a father!

Nearly a week left now :rofl:

Here is the last picture from our breeder. He's going to be hard to resist! Taking him and the OH to Hanrob this Saturday, mostly for the OH who's going to be harder to train thank Tonka.

Less than a day to go!

post-36104-1283996738_thumb.jpg

Reading this thread makes me want my puppy now!!

I'm excited to be picking up our new black male mini schnauzer on October 9! It's too far away!

We lost our 6 y-o bichon 7 months ago and since, my standard Schnauzer, Selwood has been sad and now during the day when we're at work, bored! So i'm looking forward to the new energy of a puppy in the house and a new best friend for Selwood.

I'm getting geared up with the re-reading aspects of crate training and organising my days off work to settle puppy into a routine. We're getting him from the same breeder we bought our current Schnauzer so I know he's being well cared for.

Most of all i'm excited for Selwood who doesn't know what's soon to arrive and how excited he'll be to have a new mate to boss around!!

Here is the last picture from our breeder. He's going to be hard to resist! Taking him and the OH to Hanrob this Saturday, mostly for the OH who's going to be harder to train thank Tonka.

Less than a day to go!

Oh too cute, I just want to squeeze him! :eek: :eek:

Less than a day to go!

Absolutely gorgeous! How is he settling in for you?

Hi All,

Just thought I would put in a post, I am trying to be patient about waiting for my Westie puppy!.....I think I may have found the breeder that I will be purchasing from puppies should be arriving early next year, so I have a long long wait, :laugh:

Think I am driving my husband and kids mad with my constant updates and talking about our future puppy :vomit: ......It is quite a stressful thing to go through buying sight unseen you have to put all your trust in the breeder that they will choose the right match for you.

Anyway I have a long time to work up a good relationship .....Cheers for now Westielove.