Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Fingers crossed that next week there will be a little girl born for me.

Unlike everyone else I've been counting down how long till my puppy is (hopefully) born.

After I know that then I can start my eight week countdown!!! I'm so excited already, the plans I have for this girl

Heh, I was counting down the days until finding out Tash was pregnant, then counting down until they were born, then counting down until she came home. :laugh: I know the feeling! :hug:

I have been there too D&R

We waited for the owner to choose a stud, then we waited for the bitch to come in season, then we waited for the confirmation she was pregnant, then we waited for the birth (and after wanting a girl we got a whole litter of boys.....) and now we are waiting to find out which will be our puppy.

Waiting sucks :hug:

...And in other news my imported boy flies out from Poland today to arrive in Sydney on Wednesday :thumbsup:

We are getting very excited now :laugh:

Congrats! When do you get to see him?

I just visited my Bichon Frise - Tobias today. I've been around the forums for a while and reading heaps on what to expect, and I can finally say it's definitely happening. :laugh::eek:

Toby is 6 weeks today and I should be picking him up in 2 weeks...

Tobias is a great name! And he is so cute! 2 weeks is not long at all. You'll be getting your pup the weekend before mine. Can't wait to see some more pics of him.

...Heh, I was counting down the days until finding out Tash was pregnant, then counting down until they were born, then counting down until she came home. :D I know the feeling! :cheer:

I don't know how I would handle such a long wait! I was very lucky with my situation. I had contacted my breeder early last year to register my interest. At the time I couldn't commit to a pup because I didn't live in a suitable place. Then a month ago things started happening very quickly and we found ourself moving. Only two days later the breeder contacted me and asked if I was ready for a pup yet because a litter had just been born. Thankfully I was finally in a place that could have a dog. The timing couldn't of been any better! It was meant to be. But because it happened this way I wasn't sitting around waiting for a mating, and then for the birth of the pups. I'm glad I only had the 8 weeks to wait.

Naomi, those tags look awesome. Now to decide on a name before I start buying them....

If you like those you might also like these tags.. link

We finally get to go and meet our puppy for the first time on Friday we're so so excited :thumbsup: .

How exciting! They are 4 weeks aren't they? Do you know which one is yours yet? Do you have a girl or boy preference?

I just discovered that the weekend I bring Archie home is actually a long weekend! :) That means I have that one extra day to settle Archie into his new home. I'm so lucky.

DogNerd- Welcome :)

Diesel&Ryder- I have been there too. My wait started when I was waiting for the bitch to go into season. It's a long wait but so very worth it :laugh:

doggylovers- How exciting! Make sure you take loads of photos (and share them here if you are allowed :thumbsup: )

Naomi- That's great that it will be a long weekend! Gives you and extra day too :cheer:

The Golden Retriever pups are now 3 weeks old and my have they grown since the first photos!!! I even got to see a little video of them. They are just sooo adorable (and wobbly hehe). My daughter wants to call our pup Lilly. I have heard that it's a very popular name but whats one more hey :thumbsup: She may change her mind in the next 6 weeks so we will see.

Nadine, I think Lilly is a beautiful name for a Golden Retriever. I could not think of a good girls name so it's lucky I ended up with a boy.. but if I knew of the name Lilly I reckon I would of used that. :thumbsup: It's very pretty and I haven't heard it much.

Naomi- I think it is very pretty too. I think it must be a common name for Goldens (a member of the Golden thread mentioned that there were a fair few named that in past litters). But I don't personally know anyone that has a pet named that (only humans), which is nice. I wanted something pretty but also a shorter name, so I think Lilly works well (thanks to my 5 year old) :thumbsup:

Naomi - they were 4 weeks yesterday so nearly 5 when we'll see them we changed our minds from getting a female so now have the pick of 2 boys I think. Love your daughters name choice :thumbsup:.

Nadine83 - i was wondering if we'd be allowed to take pics don't really see why we wouldn't so will def put some up :laugh:.

I love Lilly - beautiful :laugh:

My hubby has a theory on dog/pet names - they should only be 1 or 2 syllables. He refuses to discuss any name with more than 2!

I wanted Hideki for a boy - but 3 syllables :thumbsup: (named after the Japanese baseball player Hideki Matsui - I figured it would be good for a Japanese Spitz!). At the moment it will be Merlin for a boy, Ziva for a girl.

I love Lilly - beautiful :laugh:

My hubby has a theory on dog/pet names - they should only be 1 or 2 syllables. He refuses to discuss any name with more than 2!

I wanted Hideki for a boy - but 3 syllables :thumbsup: (named after the Japanese baseball player Hideki Matsui - I figured it would be good for a Japanese Spitz!). At the moment it will be Merlin for a boy, Ziva for a girl.

My OH (and me to a certain extent) are the same - 1 or 2 syllables. We got away with Akira because we both loved it, and I said we could shorten it to Kira. Most of the time she is Kira, and when I say her full name to people they often miss the A at the start anyway.

stonecutter- I think Hideki is a lovely name too! Any chance that he will change his mind? :rofl:

whiskedaway- Thankyou :rofl:

kirst_goldens- I have my fingers tightly crossed for lots of females. Looking forward to the news :rofl:

Well just got some more puppy pics and they are already trying to escape their box hehehe. Such gorgeous little things. AND we get first pick of the girls!!! There are 3. How are we ever going to choose! They are all so beautiful.

i have alwasy heard the best way to to guage their level of energy - one will rush up and be playful and crazy the whle time, one will be much quieter and hold back... u want the one that fits somewhere in the middle... sounds like good advice i guess? i get what im givena nd do what i can with her hhhahaha she will be perfect no matter what heheh

184349_10150096117998932_571348931_6458489_8288894_n.jpg

One of these squishies will be mine! They are 3 weeks in that photo. 3 boys and a girl. Breeder is picking for me, I'm nervous!

We'll be meeting the pup at 9-and-a-half weeks and taking it home at 10. Toy breed, breeder recommended we wait a bit longer before flying, since she and the pups are in NT and I'm in VIC.

So nervous! And excited! I've only bought a toy so far! I wish it was time for her to choose one for me already!!! :rofl:

Thanks D&R! I really can't wait to meet him. I've wanted a dog my whole life. So of course I'll take tonnes and tonnes of pictures to share.

And I agree, they really are one of the cutest looking breeds (although I could be biased. :crossfingers: ).