Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hi,

Im new here. Looking for a nice friendly place to chat. I currently have an 8 month old pup, and in 2 weeks will be getting our new girl Shelby (not to bread!!) Im getting nervous about our new addition as my husband will be away at work when we get her. But im so excited to be getting her and teaching her things and watching her grow. I know my current pup will love having a new friend :)

thanks for reading :)

welcome.gifwelcome.gif

Hi welcome to DOL it is a great place to chat and get info and help with any issues. What is the breed of the puppies? I bet you can't wait until you get Shelby and the next 2 weeks will just crawl. frown.gif. You should be fine with her even with your husband being gone to begin with.

We need photos of both puppies thumbsup1.gif.

Great pics everyone hope all the puppies are doing well.

I still have another 2-3 weeks until my puppy is born and I will find out if I may have a puppy and then I just have 10-12 months to wait. I think I am a sucker for punishment and it was hard enough waiting 15 weeks for my current girl. rolleyes.gif

Thanks :) Had a bit of a long day today, sick kids, mice in the car... dont ask, lets just say we had to go buy my 11 month old a new car seat! So photos will have to wait till tomorrow when i have more energy :)

Boss is a Bullmastiff X and Shelby is a Pure bred Boxer. We have known we were getting her for the last 6 ish weeks, so 2 more weeks shouldnt be too bad... i hope!! LOL I am a little worried about them meeting. Boss can be a real bundle of energy when he is with his puppy friends, i am hoping he is well behaved and doesnt bowl her over! I will be taking him on a good walk before i collect her so i can wear him out a little :)

Welcome Just1more... how old are your kids? Mine are 11 months, 2.5 yrs and 5.5yrs, they are so excited to be getting another pup. My 2 yr old is a mini ceasar Millan and will correct our pup with a "tsh", funniest part is, he listens to her! HAHA! Yay for only 3 more sleeps :D

Welcome Just1more... how old are your kids? Mine are 11 months, 2.5 yrs and 5.5yrs, they are so excited to be getting another pup. My 2 yr old is a mini ceasar Millan and will correct our pup with a "tsh", funniest part is, he listens to her! HAHA! Yay for only 3 more sleeps :D

Thanks for the welcome :D My 2 boys are 3.5 yrs and turning 6 yrs next month! My eldest sort of remembers our old dogs (rotti and bullmastiff) but knowing my kids I have gone for a much more little kid friendly dog in the staffy :) Don't get me wrong I'm sure my boys could handle the bigger dogs but I'm not sure the bigger dogs could handle my kids :rofl: I'm expecting my 3.5 yr old to try and be a mini Ceasar too :laugh:

After recently losing our beloved 14yo Casper (Yellow Lab) we quickly realised that our family wasn't complete without a four legged child :o

So, after appropriate online searching for breeders and their litters we found a litter then due on the 18th of June. We decided to stay with Labs (converts now) but this time go with a chocolate. We've always had boys; no different this time. In the wee hours of the 18th we received on email from the breeder congratulating us on our new arrival; Wilbur Atticus (we always give our children 2 names). Here he is at 9 days old.

5890894918_a5146367af.jpg

Here's the litter as of today with their little eyes opening:

5896648656_0335737c29.jpg

Our breeder is a lovely woman with fabulous communication skills. She keeps us informed with several emails full of pics each week. We feel very comfortable in choosing a pup from her litter.

40 LONG days until he comes home to live with us...we're trying to be patient ;)

I havnt been on here much lately but just had to share! We should be getting our bullmastiff boy on Monday Im SOOO EXCITED :happydance2: lol we havnt even started to prepare because we wernt expecting it to happen so quickly but im sure we will work it out! :D

6 weeks to go till I bring home my new puppy! Super excited, he's a mini schnauzer and looks very cute in the couple of photos I've seen of him. Time seems to be going far too slowly!!!

So exciting reading everybodies posts about picking up their new babies and here we are just as excited in the hope of being on a waiting list and fingers crossed finding a puppy in the near future

Does anyone have a link to a topic or site which goes through everything you need for bringing your puppy home?

I think I am going to be excessive on some things but forget something important in the meantime! :D

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bowhouse.com.au%2FUserFiles%2F2415-Files%2F%2FNew%2520Puppy%2520Checklist%281%29.pdf&rct=j&q=puppy%20checklist&ei=Lv0YTunRA6uemQWi8pUN&usg=AFQjCNElvIek9a9G7qZtksPKZvBy7bey7Q&cad=rja

Edit: That will open up a PDF list

Edited by Minxy (Kyojin)

This is Angus & Freddie. They are 11 week old Curly Coated Retrievers. We have had them home now for just over a week. They both have excellent temperaments and we are very happy with them. They are quite cheeky and have already started to bond with us. The garden is looking the worst for wear but it was designed as a dog tolerant garden and all of the items will grow back after the initial onslaught. Apart from being family pets we intend to do obedience training and and eventually field retrieving work with them.

post-40215-0-54347600-1310340557_thumb.jpg

Edited by EVO8Gold