Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

YAY Whippytails! You've been so patient!crossfingers.gif

Not sure what colours there will be in the litter so will wait and see on that but more so have to hope that one is right for showing. Will be early December before we can bring her home if all goes well. So still a long wait ahead but one thats well worth it Im sure.

Still hoping for a black or blue. Mum is a Red and Dad is blue and white so anything is possible. We know mum carries blue so time will tell. Trying not to get myself too excited yet.

Hoping to get over my cold so I can go to a show to help her out on Sunday. Cant wait

I think its time for me to say hello! I am waiting on confirmation of a Dalmatian who was mated about 4 weeks ago, the breeder will take her for an US to check it worked sometime over the next week or so.

I am so excited! We already have a Dalmatian who is around 12 years old now, perfect gentleman and never been an ounce of bother. So we thought we would stick with what we know :laugh: I have plans of taking my new baby to the puppy preschool at the vet about 5 minutes walk from home, then to some obedience classes as well. I also have 2 indoor Ragdoll cats and 5 kids..... oh and a beautiful husband!

I have been reading along here for a month or so, and thought perhaps it was time to make myself known. I have a name picked out for my new baby, and a disc with his name and my phone number.... and a beautiful red leather collar for him, but thats as far as I have gotten with puppy purchases!

Oh another dally pup! Yay! Can I ask which breeder? (pm if you want) My girl is an Edinglen (she normally breeds Bearded Collies not dallies) but she has a lot of Paceaway behind her.

I am hoping, fingers crossed and all ;) for Jazzanda here in SA. The breeder is only about 20 minutes drive from where I live, and having had a few email chats & phone chats she is lovely.

She said in the last email that the bitch ( I feel so mean calling her that! LOL) will be scanned at 4-5 weeks after mating to see if it took, we are heading into week 5 so hopefully there is a little black spotted boy in there for me!

I have a little boy with Autism who is very, very close to our present Dalmatian, who we rescued from the RSPCA when he was about 4 years old. His original owners didn't realise a Dally would grow too big for their courtyard home?!?!?!?!

So we picked him up, with beautiful manners and a gorgeous temprament to boot. He is such a Gentleman, NEVER has snapped or growled... and is my little boys shadow.

He is now nearing 12-13 years old and slowing right down, the hips are starting to get stiff and shoulders are getting a bit wobbly.

So we made the decision to get another Dalmatian, Sticking with what we know as such :D I am really hoping that once all the cute puppy silliness gets out the way we end up with another beautiful dog for our family.

Sorry for the essay ;) LOL

That's awesome - I can't imagine having a breeder so close! My current dal is from Tassie and my next is in Tamworth, a decent 3 hour drive from where I live (and up and over a horrible mountain). Haha, my workmates find it funny how casually I drop the word bitch now, as I use it in way like it's just another word like "girl" or "female"....which it is now for me. I find dog more confusing, it can mean a male or a whole species!

It's so sad that your boy's previous owners didn't think a dally through properly, but sounds like he has a perfect home now. I hope my girl is close to my future children, she hasn't had much exposure to them being the dog of a young couple with no kids! But I take her to work so she's slowly meeting a few.

Dalmatian are like potato chips, can't stop at one! I'm in this thread until mid next year waiting for my next one! Oh and I looked at the dogs of that breeder, and if your pup is a relative of the 3 on her DOL profile, we'll be dally cousins of a sort!

*Groan* don't tell me Dallies are like Potato chips..... I have Ragdoll cats too, apparantley they are like potato chips too! Hence now I have a pair! LMAO

It will be fun being Dally cousins, The mother belongs to the breeder and she imported semen from NZ so I am thinking there is a fair chance of our babies being related. I was looking through Gumtree here in Adelaide the other night and there are 2 pure bred dallies in there looking for homes :( one is only 10 months old!

I mentioned it to my husband and his reply? " Why don't you go get it then?"

That was not a helpful response!! LOL We still have our old boy and while absolutely no bother at all, I think one old man and one baby man might be enough for the time being! Although... I'm not promising that I won't go for a second when the old boy goes to the rainbow bridge ;)

Just tried to add a photo of Buddy, but it was HUGE! LOL thought better of it ;)

Edited by littleduck

Haha I always try to add photos and make them too big and photobucket doesn't like me resizing.

They certainly are addictive! In the last 3 years I've gone from interested pet owner to showing to starting my own kennels up, my next pup is going to be my foundation dog or bitch (hoping for a girl!) If you want to join in with some other dally owners if you're on Facebook, we have a big group here

--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dals.of.Aus.and.NZ/ so if you have dally specific Q's, it can be a good help, especially with the specific dally problems like stones! You'll find a lot more dally cousins on there!!

I see those ads on gumtree as well :( I wish I could take them all in and rehome them with appropriate homes! One day when I get my dream property I want to fulfill that dream and help as many dogs as I can.

Thanks! I just requested to be added to the FB page, it will be so nice to see lots of lovely Dallys pop up on my home page.

I really don't have any desire to breed.... at all. Any animals who come to live in my home are desexed as soon as possible, I would prefer to let others make me beautiful animals :laugh: so I think you are very brave!

Although the lure of having kittens and puppies underfoot a few times a year is kind of cool in the abstract.... I might just book a flight and come cuddle yours! LOL

Do you have Black & white spotted or Liver? I only liked the black spots, but am finding myself sort of drawn to the liver spots now as well, who knows? in a year or two I might find myself with one of each ;)

I just saw your pic of Buddy, I will comment on there so you know who I am :) I'm Sarah L

I've had a keen interest in breeding and genetics since I was young, we had a lab on a co-ownership where we had a litter for the breeder, and we showed her a little too. So that was my introduction to the world of dogs and breeding but I've done a lot more research now and know it's not for the faint of heart but I have such a desire to help eradicate the uric stone issue in dals that I'm keen to take it on. Luckily my husband is with me on this too!

When I have pups, I'll have so many photos on my fb, which I'll share on that dally group so you'll be able to get a fix for sure! The other breeders share their pics too which is lovely (but makes me want my pup NOW! lol).

Cleo is black spotted, but I really sort of hope the pup that is chosen for us next year is a liver! Because we'll either be getting the 2nd pick bitch or 1st pick dog it'll be down to conformation really. My husband prefers the black, but I love both!

• 3 weeks later...

So I just found out I won't be getting a pup from my breeder next year any more, that bitch won't be bred again...so I'm now on the hunt for a pup from another breeder...I was excited coz it may mean I could have a pup this year, but hubby is saying no, January still. But if that means it can come home in January, that's 4 months sooner than I thought.

Totally didn't see this coming (but I totally respect and understand the breeder's decision, she's a good friend of mine now!) I've sworn to have one of her pups one day!

So MAYBE i'll have very exciting news soon :D (I certainly hope so)

Sounds exciting. Will this pup compliment the lines of the new breeder so you can then continue your future breeding as you had planned? So does this mean there is a little soon to be born or currently on the ground? ( cant remember which country your Dallie was coming from but didnt think it was Aust)

I have no idea, I don't know who I may go with for new pup...I feel so lost. My dogs sister is having pups soon, or I could hark back to her fathers lines and go Paceaway, they have a lot of litters and the lines that i'm familiar with and that I like the look of.

The dally I was waiting on was Aussie, but I'm also waiting on a LUA dal or semen to come over, but that's not in the immediate future.

So I just found out I won't be getting a pup from my breeder next year any more, that bitch won't be bred again...so I'm now on the hunt for a pup from another breeder...I was excited coz it may mean I could have a pup this year, but hubby is saying no, January still. But if that means it can come home in January, that's 4 months sooner than I thought.

Totally didn't see this coming (but I totally respect and understand the breeder's decision, she's a good friend of mine now!) I've sworn to have one of her pups one day!

I saw your dally the other day as I was leaving the store she is lovely :) and if that man I saw was your hubby he is pretty good looking too.

I hope you get the good news you are looking for :)

Also Treble and I will be swinging past on Wednesday if your in store we will see you. :)

--Lhok

I saw your dally the other day as I was leaving the store she is lovely :) and if that man I saw was your hubby he is pretty good looking too.

I hope you get the good news you are looking for :)

Also Treble and I will be swinging past on Wednesday if your in store we will see you. :)

--Lhok

Aw thanks :) she loves coming to work! She gets lots of attention (and my boss adores her) hahaha thanks, I reckon he's pretty spunky too ;)

I most likely will be working Wednesday, see you then! I look forward to meeting the Treb man!