Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hi all

My male BC will be coming home mid October, and I'm thrilled to say the least. I initially enquired with this breeder 12 months ago, and they have had a couple of litters since, but unfortunately the timing wasn't right for me as I was building a house and it dragged out longer than I expected!

This is my first male dog, so I'm a little unsure what to expect (if anything) that will be different to my last pup!

Very excited to go shopping this Saturday for his nametag and a collar/puppy car harness etc!

Cheers

J.

Yay! There will be no complaints for me, I love me some doggy schmooze! :) My last girl was everything that they say males are in terms of being affectionate etc... she was beautiful. I still miss her every day, though it's been almost 18 months since she went across the rainbow bridge. Sometimes I worry I might not love my new boy as much, because my girl was my best friend, even though I'm sure that's just silly, I've always loved all creatures great and small! :)

Congratulations Ranger00!

So sorry about your girl.

I had been on the waiting list for my boy for 6months when my lab Sam passed. I got my puppy just a few months later. I was worried about getting a new puppy so soon as Sam was my first dog and just so beautifully natured , but there was no need to worry, I love my new pup Nova.

There are a few other new puppy owners here that have gone through similar thought processes.

I think the main thing is to make sure you don't expect your puppy to be like your last dog. I think we forget the early years of what a nuisance our beloved oldies were when they were little.

I personally went to a completely different breed in both looks and temperament, so I think that made it a bit easier not to compare them, but if they are the same you might have to try a bit harder.

You'll love your puppy, just probably in a slightly different way :)

Also I agree with the others, I adore boys, big softies.

Edited by LisaCC

Thanks Lisa, glad to hear it can be done and that my fears are probably a little unfounded! Like you said, it may be a little harder not to compare since I've stuck with the same breed (gosh I don't think I could ever part from them now!), which is why I decided on a male this time. He's also chocolate/white, where my last girl was black/white... so I hope that makes it just a teeny eeny bit easier not to compare him to her!

Lol... I can still remember coming home to a bathroom completely covered in torn up loofahs when Pork was still a pup, and that was 14-15 years ago now!! But yes, I'll try not to get frustrated with puppy shenanigans! :-)

Yeah this is just the thread for me! I'm not even officially on a breeder's waiting list yet but have started talking to one to build up a relationship. I'm after a British bulldog and will probably have to wait at least a year until I'm ready and one is available. Soooo excited though can't stop talking about it. My OH knows that when we go to pick up the puppy we'll have to put newspaper down on the car seats in case I pee all over the place with excitment ! The puppy should be no problem! :rofl:

Great news on your new addition Gillybob,I have been thinking of you often since we both lost our dogs within days of each other, it really has been a hard six months for us both, but spring is here and you now have your Basset to help ease the pain a little, and make life interesting again. I can't wait to hear more about him. :thumbsup:

We are back from holidays so puppies are back on our agenda again. We have decided to concentrate our search on a smooth coat Jack Russell or a Parson Russell. I know it would be best to go a different breed, but these guys just seem to melt our hearts, and though we have seriously looked at many other breeds, we keep coming back to these guys- but who knows? I just hope we do when the "one" comes along.

Ranger00- I totally know your fears at this time, but I trust I have done the "grief" work I had to do, and am now in the right headspace to welcome a new addition to our family in a positive way- and I can't wait now. Our other dog is a Border Collie, and she is the most wonderful dog, but not a cuddler, I miss by "boydog" cuddles.

Di

Congrats gillybob, and I hope you find the one for you, tikira!

I was going to upload some images of Bicky, but dol doesn't host photos evidently, and I'm at work so all the file-sharing websites are blocked. Boo!

Edit: Have got it sussed now, but says the photos are too big. Alas! :)

Edited by Ranger00

Thanks guys! There pics are from last week, taken at 5 weeks. I get to visit him again on Sunday, and hopefully see the parents again, they were SO gorgeous - the dam was so lovely and affectionate and sat in my lap (I was on the floor) whilst pups had a drink, and the sire was just gorgeous, one of the best looking BCs I've ever seen. So I'm very happy! :)

Then 2 weeks after that, it's hometime! :)

I'm getting closer! After having more discussions with my OH we are now looking at getting a puppy in the next 6 months rather than 12 months. Have started entering into serious discussions with a very good breeder who is also willing to give my details to another breeder that uses the same bloodlines. These bulldogs are stunning. Totally agree that the males are big smoochmisters... went to visit them at a show and their champion full white bully who looks so scarey jumped up and kissed me all over the chin. Then another little 5 month old male who was very shy and didn't want to come out of his cage leapt into my arms and buried his head under my chin for a big bear hug. Ooohhh just melts the heart, wanted to walk out with him right then and there!

Well I can join this thread again

I am most likely getting a female White Swiss Shepherd puppy at the beginning of November as long as all the testing goes to plan.

I am so excited and scared at the same time as I will then have 3 dogs but I hope all will be easier as then I should have 2 dogs about the same size and the big girl might settle down but otherwise I can easily sort out the pack. Preparations have already started but I don't have much I need to get as I have everything from my other girl (BSD) who just turned 1 :)

Now the hard part is deciding if I fly down to get the pup if one is mine or if I just wait to meet the breeder til the EKKA next year :)