Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Confirmation from the breeder a few weeks ago that her bulldog bitch is pregnant, hasn't done an ultra-sound so don't know with how many. Due in 2 weeks time, very exciting, I still won't know until probably almost the end of the year whether or not I'm one of the lucky ones that gets one. Crossing all paws and tails in the meantime! :thumbsup:

I can finally put my name here, my new Bassett Fauve pup Cedro will be coming home with his mother this week.

So not only do I get a pup but I also get a lovely bitch as well.

The last few months have been some of the best in my life, I had an amazing holliday and arrived hom on wendesday and now a new puppy.

I haven't had a puppy in my life for 15 years so it will be a big learning curve.

Especially my house which isn't very puppy friendly.

So Cedro and I will both learn from each other.

I can finally put my name here, my new Bassett Fauve pup Cedro will be coming home with his mother this week.

So not only do I get a pup but I also get a lovely bitch as well.

The last few months have been some of the best in my life, I had an amazing holliday and arrived hom on wendesday and now a new puppy.

I haven't had a puppy in my life for 15 years so it will be a big learning curve.

Especially my house which isn't very puppy friendly.

So Cedro and I will both learn from each other.

Oh wow! GB that's awesome! I have mother and daughter Burmese cats and they are such a wonderful team.

Kanae, I just thought I'd give you some advice as you are a future fluff owner. When Waffles has his adult coat, use conditioner when you wash. It makes a huuuuuuuuuuge difference! Managing the coat is so much easier and it tangles less. Also, the ear and leg feathering is easy to look after if you give them a quick brush each day, but you only need to do a thorough, whole-body brush about once a week.

thanks Mim :D I don't mind grooming and am prepared for the risk of lots of shedding, with 3 cats it becomes a daily lifestyle and I doubt a corgi will make as much as 3 cats (maybe lol)

We really look forward to the day we bring Waffles home, we were lucky to be allowed to visit the puppies at 4 weeks and it was great to meet the mum and play with all the other corgis :) Absolutely adored all of their temperaments. There was actually 2 fluffy boys so we had to pick one, Waffles is supposed to be a red but he might actually be sable, time will tell however :)

here is a slightly better picture, sorry they are a bit dodgy as we took them on a phone and they were fidgets :)

Pjf2XQf.jpg

Edited by Kanae

Our pup is all set to come home a week earlier than originally expected at 8 weeks instead of 9 weeks so we will have him on Friday!! He passed his vet check with flying colours, has been totally weaned, has been vaccinated and microchipped and apparently is quite cheeky and full of himself :laugh: We have some serious shopping to get done now. We ordered his crate on Monday and have bought him toys but will need to get all his food and a bed. He's been weaned onto Black Hawk puppy food and is eating beef and chicken mince so I guess we'll keep that up for a week or so and then start to add in some pureed vegetables and eggs and introduce some chicken wings and necks.

And here are some photos. Sorry for the poor quality of some. When we first visited the puppies were in a darkened room and I didn't want to use a flash :)

Frank at around 2 weeks old when we first met him

IMG_2267_zpsd641252c.jpg

Frank with his brothers and sisters and Mum

2e8a81f0-e649-472b-9651-05391e267b2b_zps34a7da0d.jpg

Frank at around 4ish weeks

IMG_2363_zps958c391f.jpg

Frank at around 6 weeks

4f4e7a91-82dc-400b-8cb4-191fa35a91fa_zpsfe6f1fbd.jpg 85eb47b0-b0a0-424a-974a-52e7778253ba_zpsa3b9674f.jpg 9dcfd28c-4693-44cd-a66c-a18d9276287c_zps71aeb44a.jpg

Frank at 7 weeks

5831fa8d-0bd1-40df-a2b0-cfc7b86d28f5_zps6a7b8bba.jpg

So exciting to get your puppy a week early! I've just asked my breeder when our girl will be ready, coz her website says early December, but they are actually 8 weeks old on the 25th of this month (2.5 weeks away!) We need to book accommodation in Brisbane for when we go to pick her up.

I should hopefully find out which is my girl this weekend, they are being assessed this week and stacked photos on Saturday night...I can just see it now, I will be checking FB constantly...unless of course my sister goes into labour in which case I'll be in a labour ward at the hospital taking my own photos of a very different kind (bit nervous about that!). Murphy's Law has a funny way and I'm sure this is what will happen!

Also, I've found our "debut" show for Nala, a big 4 day show in January. This is majorly exciting for several reasons, 1. i can show Cleo and Nala (neuter class is available) 2. it's local to me, only half an hour away, the closest one in years that has neuter 3. there are 3 judges who show/co-own dallies, to show under them will be so exciting! and being 4 days, that's 4 chances for points!

Excitement is through the roof! New neice or nephew, new puppy, Xmas, BIG dog show EEEKKK