Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Ahhhh...I just sent off a puppy enquiry. If all goes well....I could have Cleo's niece!

Too many things were lining up for me to ignore and not apply.

-Found out she was pregnant at the same time I found out I wasn't getting a pup from friend

-she's due to whelp around now, just before hubby's birthday (Cleo was born on my bday)

-my mum said I should! (Coz Cleo and her sister are very alike, what would be better than having a mini Cleo!)

fingers,toes,eyes,arms,legs all crossed!!!! :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Just got an email from the breeder today, crossing fingers and toes they are planning to have bulldog pups available by the end of the year! Jumping with joy and a little bit nervous, thinking about everything i need to have ready by then!

It must be the season! There was another litter of spotties whelped in WA yesterday!

I've never been so glad to know the breeder and have her on my FB, puppy pics!!! And makes me warm and fuzzy that the mum of the litter looks SO much like my girl. The spots may be random on dallies, but these two have very similar faces. The pics almost look like my girl with babies :)

I have finally found a puppy for my family.

He is the cutest little thing.

He is a five week old German spitz, so have a few more weeks to wait.

Will post pics when I get him.

We are calling him Toby.

Will be showing and trailing the new little guy.

Never owed German spitz before, so hope all goes well.

Was going to get a new GSD but have decided to wait on that one, it's just to hard after losing solo.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a video from the breeder today! It's a private link on youtube, so can't share it but they are SO CUTE! Running (as fast as little 2 week old legs go) around the whelping box, their spots are coming through too :)

I think I've found the right name too...I've been having a bit of trouble, I decided on a "royal" theme, as I have Cleo (not named for the pharaoh, but I guess there would be no Cleo without the name Cleopatra! so in a roundabout way, it is royal) and the boy name I have in mind for a future boy is Solomon, who was a king so I was determined to have a royal name or "Dasha" in honour of my prefix/foundation bitch. But Dasha wasn't clicking with me, as much as I love it. So I researched all the female royal names I could (mostly English/European names) but couldn't find the one.

Then I thought hey, I've always loved the lion king, Nala was my rotti x pound puppy as a kid (first dog I named). What's stopping me having my 2nd Nala? I always said I would have another, why not this one!? And Nala was a princess and then a Queen - royal requirement TICK! Name that I love TICK! Now to convince OH that this is the name IN PROGRESS. lol - he's decided that he will be paying for the dog, not me but I want naming rights! He loves the name Toots (like foot-s not boot-s)

So, provided she looks like a Nala, I have my name! (OH won't win) Only 6 more weeks!!!!!!

Not long to go! I bet they are adorable!

I love the name Nala! Solomon is great for your future boy!

Not long at all, and in between now and then I'll be getting a new niece or nephew, my sister is here from Mt Isa to have her baby so that's keeping me sane in the meantime! She's due in 3 weeks but staying here for 6 so as she leaves (major sadface) I get a puppy (happy face).

It's funny, when I showed my workmates and family the videos and photos (I've given them my facebook login so they can have a look) and everyone loves the patched ones the most...and I have to say yes, but I can't show a patched one, so can't even really look at them! One of the other litters born the day before my baby had the most beautiful double patched liver pup, both of it's ears were patched but perfect little circles just on the ears, no bigger.

Is this puppy working as a baby delayer? biggrin.gif

Oh I didn't realise patched puppies were a disqualification. I thought as the spots are the same gene as the flecks on ACDs that patches on ears would be accepted the same because of deafness confused.gif

What colour are these pups?

Edited by LisaCC

Hi I'm brand new here and joining in with the wait :) We're currently waiting for our brand new puppy to be ready to come home with us. We have been on an adoption list for 18mths to adopt a Dachshund with no luck at all so we began to look at breeders approximately 6 months ago. Our boy was born in the middle of September and will be coming home on the 16th of November. He is a chocolate/tan point standard size and because we're so original, we're naming him Frank :laugh:

Hi I'm brand new here and joining in with the wait :) We're currently waiting for our brand new puppy to be ready to come home with us. We have been on an adoption list for 18mths to adopt a Dachshund with no luck at all so we began to look at breeders approximately 6 months ago. Our boy was born in the middle of September and will be coming home on the 16th of November. He is a chocolate/tan point standard size and because we're so original, we're naming him Frank :laugh:

How exciting!!!!!

And welcome! We only ask for plentiful photos here!

Frank is a great name, we almost had a Frank too!

Is this puppy working as a baby delayer? biggrin.gif

Oh I didn't realise patched puppies were a disqualification. I thought as the spots are the same gene as the flecks on ACDs that patches on ears would be accepted the same because of deafness confused.gif

What colour are these pups?

haha maybe!

Yea, I believe some countries allow patches (don't quote me on this, I just recall a fb conversation between two English breeders who were talking about it, they LIKE patches in their litters, as they link it to deafness %) but ANKC don't allow it. I think the spots are the same gene as the ACD's but obviously someone didn't like patches and decided to disqualify it. The Dal club of NSW has just changed their COE to allow breeders to choose whether to put down OR rehome bi-laterally deaf pups now, so maybe patches are the next discussion. That said though, you can still get deaf patched puppies, it's no guarantee of a hearing pup.

The pups are both colours, but most likely getting a liver (3liver girls, 1 black patched)