Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Good things come to those that wait, the perfect pup will be there for you when you are ready :thumbsup:

Thanks Pandii. Wanted a dog since I was a little girl. It's pretty exciting.

Your pup is very cute! My friend has a Koolie and it is a great dog. :)

I agree with Pandii :rofl:

Dont be disheartened Naomi - I too have waited a long time for this little one to finally arrive.

With getting a Chihuahua, and them being so tiny, I thought it was best to wait till my girls were an appropriate age to understand how best to handle Charlie. They are 10 and 11 now lol! In regards to actually contacting breeders and putting my name down on a waiting list it has been nearly 12 months till Charlie came along.

You will get there, and your pup will be even more special because you DID have to wait.

*hugs*

Thanks. It's pretty wise to wait until the kids are old enough. Can't wait to see pics of the pup!

Hi Everyone :)

Picked up Charlie yesterday afternoon from the airport. He was a bit lethargic, which was a concern, but with a hit of glucodin in his water, he was right within 2 - 3 minutes. (Toy breeds can suffer from low blood sugar sometimes).

Took Charlie home, and what a little wagger! He wiggles his bum so much he looks like he is doing a bit of boogying on his own :laugh::)

I did take my camera, but didnt check my batteries so unfortunately no shots from the airport. Managed to take a couple on my iphone - but they are not that good - sorry for the quality.

Making himself at home on my youngest daughters lap :rofl:

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

I did have to take him down to the vets this morning, as his left eye looked a bit sore, and was weeping quite profusely. He is on some ointment for a few days to see how it clears up.

We are so happy to have him at home, its such a pleasure to wake up to his little happy face!

He was such a good boy as well - couldnt believe it - he slept from 9.00pm through to 4.30am - when my husband gets up to prepare for work. Couldnt ask for a better first night :)

Hi Everyone ;)

Picked up Charlie yesterday afternoon from the airport. He was a bit lethargic, which was a concern, but with a hit of glucodin in his water, he was right within 2 - 3 minutes. (Toy breeds can suffer from low blood sugar sometimes).

Took Charlie home, and what a little wagger! He wiggles his bum so much he looks like he is doing a bit of boogying on his own :D :)

I did take my camera, but didnt check my batteries so unfortunately no shots from the airport. Managed to take a couple on my iphone - but they are not that good - sorry for the quality.

Making himself at home on my youngest daughters lap :o

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

I did have to take him down to the vets this morning, as his left eye looked a bit sore, and was weeping quite profusely. He is on some ointment for a few days to see how it clears up.

We are so happy to have him at home, its such a pleasure to wake up to his little happy face!

He was such a good boy as well - couldnt believe it - he slept from 9.00pm through to 4.30am - when my husband gets up to prepare for work. Couldnt ask for a better first night :D

What a cute a good puppy!!! He's so adorable~

Very cute :D Congratualtions

I went puppy shopping again today, have two food bowls, and some toys

Have to order a soft crate for travel and the first night as I wont be at home and the metal crate is too big for the car, still have to order his food and some worm and flea stuff

Hey everyone!

I am waiting for my dogue de bordeaux puppy, Nala, who will be arriving by plane in two weeks!

Waiting is driving me insane!

I have an exam at uni 3 days before she arrives, so part of me wants the week to go slowly so I have plenty of time to study, while I also want the week to hurry up so I can see her !!

It is also extremely distracting, I am finding it so hard to sit down and study, when there is just so much puppy stuff I want to read about or buy!

How are all your little ones going?

Finally i can join this thread :thumbsup:

I am hopefully expecting a puppy early February, a std poodle pup!

I have already bought a cute bowl and some toys. I need to stop buying toys and buy useful things! (like clippers and brushes!)

Im waiting for my pup, 5 weeks to go and hes all mine, met the breeders 2 weeks before birth and i go and visit the pups every week. Hes an Amstaff, and a chunky bubba at that, i think 503grams at birth, im going to go see him tonight, apparantly they are all up and walking now so i cant wait.

I'm so jealous that you get to visit yours! Ours is all the way in QLD! Holding out for the next pics though...

I'm in the NT too and waiting for a new dobe baby in Vic. Waiting until Sniper is 12 weeks because of the amount of dogs with parvo. Every email and photo from the breeder is like my daily fix lol!

Very cute :cry: Congratualtions

I went puppy shopping again today, have two food bowls, and some toys

Have to order a soft crate for travel and the first night as I wont be at home and the metal crate is too big for the car, still have to order his food and some worm and flea stuff

Thanks Pandii! I have to admit I am addicted to doggy shopping - I even have Charlies Christmas toys put away lol!

Hey everyone!

I am waiting for my dogue de bordeaux puppy, Nala, who will be arriving by plane in two weeks!

Waiting is driving me insane!

I have an exam at uni 3 days before she arrives, so part of me wants the week to go slowly so I have plenty of time to study, while I also want the week to hurry up so I can see her !!

It is also extremely distracting, I am finding it so hard to sit down and study, when there is just so much puppy stuff I want to read about or buy!

How are all your little ones going?

Hi Emileigh :o Cant wait to see pics of Nala - I love that name btw :) I know what you mean by distracting! You should have seen me last week before picking up Charlie - My OH wanted to know what the heck was going on as I was all in a bit of tizz :)

Finally i can join this thread :o

I have already bought a cute bowl and some toys. I need to stop buying toys and buy useful things! (like clippers and brushes!)

Hi Jrm88 - LOVE std poodle! Will it be a show dog?

Im waiting for my pup, 5 weeks to go and hes all mine, met the breeders 2 weeks before birth and i go and visit the pups every week. Hes an Amstaff, and a chunky bubba at that, i think 503grams at birth, im going to go see him tonight, apparantly they are all up and walking now so i cant wait.

I'm so jealous that you get to visit yours! Ours is all the way in QLD! Holding out for the next pics though...

I'm in the NT too and waiting for a new dobe baby in Vic. Waiting until Sniper is 12 weeks because of the amount of dogs with parvo. Every email and photo from the breeder is like my daily fix lol!

Pics please :)

11 odd hours till bolt arrives!

Dont think I shared the latest photo here. So here he is I think this was taken a week ago the day after his 10 week vac.

148871_117241798339058_100001597144730_116129_4855074_n.jpg

Bolt is adorable Simple!! How excited are you?

I too am waiting for a puppy. Although i'll be waiting a while longer the mating probably won't be till early next year!!

But I am so happy with the breeder it's worth the wait.

Oh and its going to be a border collie pup :cry:

I :o border collies :o

It is so great when you meet a breeder, that you just "click" with isnt it. I too have been fortunate to have had alot of help from the first breeder I contacted, who has just been so helpful I dont know what I would have done without her!

Finally i can join this thread :laugh:

Hi Jrm88 - LOVE std poodle! Will it be a show dog?

Hehe no, my OH has never had a dog before so this one will be a pet.... then we will see how he copes with the dog and then think about possibly a show dog once my first pup is a bit grown up.

I'm going to meet my breeder and choose my pup today!! Can't wait to figure out which of the little scruff-balls in all the photos will actually be mine!

Hey Bracken - please take some pics and post! Cant wait to see :grimace: