Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hi Parrotpea

Know what you mean about impatient!! I find myself having to take deeeep breaths, or distract myself, because I could get really way too excited... :hug:

I chose the two dogs in about March (or rather, the breeder guided me to these two - the boy was only born March 4th, but his bloodlines are just what I was wanting!) and so since May they have been on AQIS' strict protocol for immunizations etc.

I had to keep the timing (of their titre tests + other immunizations + application assessment + quarantine bookings) in mind - or rather the fabulous breeder did; she has been organising everything for me, rather than using an agent.

But the permits should be assessed by the middle of this week, I think...

The doggies hopefully should arrive in quarantine just before Xmas, then be released mid-to-late January.... wow, I had no idea I could pace myself like this!

How exciting :wave: I have 2 CKCS and am in WA too! I have D'Artagnan who is 2 on Dec 8th and Porthos who is 1 on Dec 28th. They are both blenheims. I got them both from a Registered Breeder in Southern River who breeds Blenheims and Tri-Colours.

Mine are both limited register and cost us $1000 each - that is about the average price for a CKCS :eek:

You must come on over into the CKCS forum .... there are a few of us now in WA.

Susan

Thanks Susan, I think "my" breeder is your breeder.

Know what you mean about impatient!! I find myself having to take deeeep breaths, or distract myself, because I could get really way too excited... :D

I can relate to that! The number of puppy toys I have bought already :thumbsup:

I chose the two dogs in about March

The doggies hopefully should arrive in quarantine just before Xmas, then be released mid-to-late January.... wow, I had no idea I could pace myself like this!

I hope the assessments come through nice and quickly for you - you have been very patient! Since March!!! Hopefully you'll get your two shortly after I get my little girl. My wait is fraught with anxiety though as there is no absolute guarantee I will even get a pup - I won't know for another 3.5 weeks(when pups are 6 weeks) which, if any, will be mine.

LOL! Well, not so many toys - YET!

More in the line of show trolleys, dog enclosures, crates, local council entire animals licence, breeders reg/prefix, breed club regs, gazebo, silver shade this-and-that, new lever-arch folders for paperwork... and various other paraphenalia.

BTW, the import permits were applied for last week (but the doggies were bought in March), and were approved today :( so it is all go!

So NOW I can start looking at dog beds for quarantine, and toys to keep them from getting too bored... *squeeee* so excited!

That's fantastic! Now you're allowed to get really excited :D :thumbsup:

Ooh - are you starting out showing? What trolley and gazebo did you get? What is a silver shade?

I'm going to be starting out in the show ring with my girl. I have been checking out trolleys- thinking the OKS looks good - lots of recommendations for it on here.

:party:

I know! So I am letting the tempo of excitement build up lol!

I am buying a secondhand OZtrail Compact gazebo - found it on the DOL for sale page - and I found this fantastic (FANTASTIC) online shop where I am getting the show trolley from :

http://www.horsesathome.com.au/shop/

They are in the middle of moving their site to a new ... something or other... so just scroll down the page past all the coding until you get to the Actual Page.

I am buying a dog enclosure from them, too - I will be able to lock my little dogs away from the big dogs (while the big dogs act as a burglar deterrent :( and know they are safe.

The Silver Shade is a type of shadecloth that is heat/cold reflective. Catonam Supplies sell gazebo covers, and I am getting a trolley cover too. :D

:thumbsup: :D

5 weeks tomorrow!!! :) Our little one is 5 weeks old tomorrow so in 5 weeks time, he can come home with us!

We're pretty much on track, too. I have a crate, play pen, bed, towels, blankets, toys, bowls and lawn all ready. DH just has to raise the cat's sand box and I think we're all set. Does it sound to you like I've missed something? Food, I'm not worried about because the breeder supplies it initially.

Collar and lead I'm waiting 'til next week to get because my local City Farmers is having 10% off storewide and as I spent $270+ in there the other day, I figured I'll write a list and grab what I can while the sale is on. Shampoo/Conditioner, what would you recommend for an inside pup to begin with? Medications, I'll have to talk to my breeder first, I suppose? Anything else?

How exciting Aannie! What breed pup are you getting?

Im incredibly excited as my poodle pup was born yesterday! there are 5 boys so there should be a suitable boy for me :)

I am trying to hold off buying heaps of stuff until after xmas but it is very hard!

8ish weeks and counting!

How exciting Aannie! What breed pup are you getting?

Im incredibly excited as my poodle pup was born yesterday! there are 5 boys so there should be a suitable boy for me :cheer:

I am trying to hold off buying heaps of stuff until after xmas but it is very hard!

8ish weeks and counting!

A tri-colour male Cavalier pup! He has a tri-brother and 4 Blenheim sisters! AND he's bigger than all of them, at least he was when I last saw him 2 weeks ago :laugh:

Hi everyone,

Three and a half weeks till I pick up my beautiful puppy! She is a chocolate female lab. I can't wait! I have been waiting my entire life to get a dog and finally the time is right! Here is a pic (this is my first post so hopefully it has uploaded correctly!)

Nervous... but excited!

-Random

post-36755-1291539306.jpg

Aww so cute random999 - what a sweetie!

great news jrm! :cheer:

Aanie - sounds like you are pretty prepared - treats? I've got Aloveen shampoo for mine which smells nice and is gentle on their skin.

My pup was 3 weeks on Friday, so another 5-6 weeks to go. I still have to get a crate, play pen and show trolley.

How sweet does that little Lab face look... what a beautiful baby!

Aannie, I love the tricolour Cavs, they just seem to be so gorgeous. Bet his little face is super adorable...

Parrotpea, I know I went back through this thread to work out what breed your puppy is- but cannot for the life of me remember... wait, ... Stafford?

My dogs are arriving in Sydney on 22nd December... so excited now, I am worried how I am going to manage the drive up there on the day I visit lol...

I am so excited, thanks for the lovely comments, he is very strong in the leg, hes to do agility and obedience, fingers crossed

Have you lot sent away to pedigree and Eukanuba for your puppy freebies???

Thanks for the tip Pandii, I just registered for all my freebies! Your little guy is adorable!! 4 more sleeps, yay for you!

Random, I always wanted a chocolate lab, your little girl is just beautiful!! I can smell her sweetness from here.

Dog Geek -- you have WAY more patience than me, happy for you that it is soooo close for you now :dancingelephant:

Oooh I have to get my photos onto photobucket, I totally forgot that we took some a couple of weeks ago. D'oh!!

Thanks for the comments on my boy

I know not eveyone likes pedigree food, but the key ring is cute and the food can do training treats and $5 refund in your bank account is good