Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Thanks everyone, SmoothieGirl he came from Fireax :rofl: He is a stunner but boy he is alot of work so far. He isnt taking to training as easily yet, I think he needs to settle in a bit more but at least he has cut back on whining. I am quite stressed though, I thought I was prepared, but clearly I forgot the mental part of it and I have been wondering If I am doing the right thing. I have barely eaten I have been stressed lol, I know in due time it will be rewarding, but for now it is scary lol!

Thanks everyone, SmoothieGirl he came from Fireax :dropjaw: He is a stunner but boy he is alot of work so far. He isnt taking to training as easily yet, I think he needs to settle in a bit more but at least he has cut back on whining. I am quite stressed though, I thought I was prepared, but clearly I forgot the mental part of it and I have been wondering If I am doing the right thing. I have barely eaten I have been stressed lol, I know in due time it will be rewarding, but for now it is scary lol!

Hes absolutely gorgeous :rofl:

Sorry to hear that he kept you up all night :D I hope he settles in really soon.

Kyliegirl hang in there, it can get good very fast. My Dobe only woke up twice the first night I had her, then every hour on the hour the second day and after than never woke during the night again. Mind you in saying that this was about 16 odd years ago now when Dad made me have her sleep outside, luckily I could hear her kennel from my room though. Now puppies sleep with me in the house in their crate, how times have changed.

jrm88, is that your poodle pup to be? What size ?

Edited by SmoothieGirl

Yes I'm definitely going to get some pics. My camera is on the top of my packing list. And yeah, if OH knew how much has been spent on Akira, he'd have never let me get Halo! :confused: Still need to get a collar and lead for Halo.

Get some pics of the boys too 4 me!

Oh, gorgeous puppy gidg, she's lovely.

Oooo, standard poodles are my fav. I fell in love with them years ago when I was walking a family friends black standard. She had clearly had a lot of obed training and was such a nice dog to be with. She was called Fleur, which suited her down to the ground, even with very basic pet clip.

jrm88 - omg adorable!!

gidg- congrats on your new baby!! such a fluffy little thing!

Wow I spent 40 mins just playing tug, chaseys and training Echo and he is still bouncing around. I think I will need to do do it again later tonight before bed to try and wind him down as much as possible.

edit: forgot to mention, my puppy has got this unusual habit of sucking his you know what.. We have been ignoring the behaviour and try to divert his attention when he does it. Is this the right way to go or should we address this more seriously?

Edited by kyliegirl