Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

didnt know i was waiting for a puppy till yesterday lol.. offer was made that we could have a puppy from a breeder friend to show so now once we get all the little bits sorted we will be getting a Red ACD.. she is 4 weeks old so 4 weeks to go..

Sounds too impulsive to me.

It could be done though. Being on DOL is certainly redeeming.

I had a red cat once. :rofl:

didnt know i was waiting for a puppy till yesterday lol.. offer was made that we could have a puppy from a breeder friend to show so now once we get all the little bits sorted we will be getting a Red ACD.. she is 4 weeks old so 4 weeks to go..

its not really that impulsive. i was planning on getting a show dog at some stage and when i was offered the chance to have one of her ACD's i jumped at the chance.

have been planning to get a show dog for years to be honest but now that i have finally moved cities to where my friend that breeds and shows is so she can help me thru the process im in a position to get one.

Do you have to be so nasty? Sometimes people know what breed they want and are waiting for a litter, and then someone pulls out of a breeder's waiting list and the puppy goes to the next person who thought they weren't going to be getting a puppy. That's not impulsive at all and happens all the time. Gosh, four weeks wait is an eternity to those who'd decide that morning they want a puppy and go to a pet shop.

I don't think you're being impulsive at all, Toolz, sounds like you've been thinking about it for a while. :hug: Good luck with your new pup in the show ring! And pictures please! :(

Dxenion - exciting times! How old is he?

Hi, he is 10 weeks old in the photo. He was 12 weeks old on Tuesday 11 January but the quarantine law states that they have to be older than 12 weeks prior to departure. As they can only fly out of Sweden on a Monday or Tuesday, we decided to wait until the flight on the 18th just to be safe. Hate for him to be sent back to Sweden on a quarantine technicality.

I'm so excited I'm starting to feel sick.

Guest english.ivy
Dxenion - exciting times! How old is he?

Hi, he is 10 weeks old in the photo. He was 12 weeks old on Tuesday 11 January but the quarantine law states that they have to be older than 12 weeks prior to departure. As they can only fly out of Sweden on a Monday or Tuesday, we decided to wait until the flight on the 18th just to be safe. Hate for him to be sent back to Sweden on a quarantine technicality.

I'm so excited I'm starting to feel sick.

Oh wow, such a big journey! I thought my Belgian Shepherd coming from Tasmania to WA was a long trip hehe.

From snow to sun! Lucky boy. Will you be showing him?

Oh wow, such a big journey! I thought my Belgian Shepherd coming from Tasmania to WA was a long trip hehe.

From snow to sun! Lucky boy. Will you be showing him?

We haven't shown before except for a very brief month about 20 years ago (our GSD pup ended up being too short but he lived a happy 13 1/2 years as our furchild). If he has potential, we'll get some show training and give it a go. If it doesn't work out, that's ok as it was always the primary intention for him to be trained as an Assistance Dog.

From snow at -20 degrees to sun at +35 degrees. It's a dramatic difference in temperature - he seems so comfortable running around in the snow that I am worried how he will cope with the 55 degree change.

Welcome to the WSSD :welcome::cheer:

Who is his breeder?

Hi, he's from Snoherden and we found him via a referral from Angie through Vallgardens. A two year search and wait is nearly over - I just hope he passes all of the AQIS acceptance paperwork so that he can start quarantine. Debbie from Manlotens in Sweden was involved in Angie's beautiful imports and has helped coordinate all of the blood tests, vet forms and everything else for us so we should be ok. Still, I can't relax until he's here, safe and with all the ticks in the right boxes.

Welcome to the WSSD :shrug::hug:

Who is his breeder?

Hi, he's from Snoherden and we found him via a referral from Angie through Vallgardens. A two year search and wait is nearly over - I just hope he passes all of the AQIS acceptance paperwork so that he can start quarantine. Debbie from Manlotens in Sweden was involved in Angie's beautiful imports and has helped coordinate all of the blood tests, vet forms and everything else for us so we should be ok. Still, I can't relax until he's here, safe and with all the ticks in the right boxes.

I'm just starting my search for the dogs i'm going to import but I'm going to import from 2 different countries (hopefully) I'm going to get a male and a female.

Knowing what you want is the easy part then its the planning and then hoping everything goes right after all the planning.

Good Luck with your boy

Awww, Columbia is very pretty, I like, I like a lot. :confused:

I got to see the litter again today - yay! They are four weeks today and starting to look like little Collies now. I have two front runners (Sable boy & Tri girl), the breeder has her eye on one for herself (Tri girl) and the fourth one (Sable girl) while very sweet is just too quiet for me I think.

I'm not going to post pics until I have chosen a pup, so it will be another couple of weeks yet, but trust me, they are cute.