Dog Biscuits

puglvr

When I was at coles the other day, they had those little meat ball things on sale (they're in the cold dog food area, sorry forget the name, but they have different flavours - I got the chicken, rice one maybe??) so I thought i'd try a pack, and Lottie LOVES them - I use them for training treats, I've been breaking them up into little parts and using them, and she LOVES them!!!!! So I divided them into little packets and have been freezing them, and every evening put one in the fridge....

The big girls love the Eukanuba dog treats (Biscuits).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try 4 x 2's or 2x2's .

Not sure if Farrels and Box one still make them but they are basically the same thing, a hard biscuit, just not in the pretty shapes

Does anyone know where you can buy these online (but in small amounts). I wouldn't mind trying some out but have only seen them in massive boxes and don't want to be lumped with 5kg's of them if Kei decides he doesn't like them :scared:

We use the Kong biscuits. Not for training, only one in the Kong when I go out. Not the cheapest biscuits in the world but they last me a while, I can buy them locally and I am happy with the ingredients (when compared to other brands like Supercoat/Hills/IAMs etc.) The Kong biscuits have no preservatives either.

For training treats we use something much smaller like tiny pieces of cheese, chunkers or even cat biscuits :eek:

When I was at coles the other day, they had those little meat ball things on sale (they're in the cold dog food area, sorry forget the name, but they have different flavours - I got the chicken, rice one maybe??) so I thought i'd try a pack, and Lottie LOVES them - I use them for training treats, I've been breaking them up into little parts and using them, and she LOVES them!!!!! So I divided them into little packets and have been freezing them, and every evening put one in the fridge....

By any chance, Would you mean 4 Legs? I use that for my puppy too and he loves it. Besides that I use Nature's Gift Beef and Liver as well.

Edited by luffy4688

By any chance, Would you mean 4 Legs? I use that for my puppy too and he loves it. Besides that I use Nature's Gift Beef and Liver as well.

I've seen that - it looks interesting as an occasional treat to jazz up Sophie's kibble - i might get her some for an occasional addition.

I've seen that - it looks interesting as an occasional treat to jazz up Sophie's kibble - i might get her some for an occasional addition.

4Legs works best as Bailey's training treats. He would do absolutely anything for it. :scared: It can get a bit messy at times though so we don't use it all the time, but we use it as a 'high value treat'.

Edited by luffy4688

4Legs works best as Bailey's training treats. He would do absolutely anything for it. :scared: It can get a bit messy at times though so we don't use it all the time, but we use it as a 'high value treat'.

Yep Thoses are the ones!!!! She LOVES them - and is the same, would do ANYTHING for them!!!! hahaha

Does anyone know where you can buy these online (but in small amounts). I wouldn't mind trying some out but have only seen them in massive boxes and don't want to be lumped with 5kg's of them if Kei decides he doesn't like them :scared:

The local produce stores all have them in small bags. Maybe just ask if you don't see them out.

Try 4 x 2's or 2x2's .

Not sure if Farrels and Box one still make them but they are basically the same thing, a hard biscuit, just not in the pretty shapes

We use the Kong biscuits. Not for training, only one in the Kong when I go out. Not the cheapest biscuits in the world but they last me a while, I can buy them locally and I am happy with the ingredients (when compared to other brands like Supercoat/Hills/IAMs etc.) The Kong biscuits have no preservatives either.

For training treats we use something much smaller like tiny pieces of cheese, chunkers or even cat biscuits :eek:

They only come in the big box. I've seen them for sale in smaller bags in some retail outlets, but they have simply bagged from the larger boxes.

Someone who buys in bulk might post you a few to try.

Guest belgian.blue
For training treats, you cannot go past Happy Paws :laugh:

Ivy and I start training in just under two weeks and I've ordered a bag of these. Was given a sample bag last time I was in VIC and Ivy went mad over them. Prefect size and not messy on your hands.

I'm sure she will be eating a few of these during the hour period so all natural is a MUST for us :p

Hope they arrive in time ..

Try 4 x 2's or 2x2's .

Does anyone know where you can buy these online (but in small amounts). I wouldn't mind trying some out but have only seen them in massive boxes and don't want to be lumped with 5kg's of them if Kei decides he doesn't like them :laugh:

For training treats we use something much smaller like tiny pieces of cheese, chunkers or even cat biscuits :p

I've got 4 x 2's (Bestcare/Box 1) brand. Got a few boxes of them here - happy to send you a couple so you can try them if you can't find them locally.

They are what I give Riley - get gets one once or twice a week with dinner.

Edited by wagsalot

i also cook my own.. Liver, eggs and flour.. comes out like a cake.. chop it up.. freeze it in lil bags and take it out as i need it..

Have you tried corn flour and pureed liver ?

opps i should say i do blend the liver to a paste and mix the rest in :laugh:

Is corn flour better then flour?

i also cook my own.. Liver, eggs and flour.. comes out like a cake.. chop it up.. freeze it in lil bags and take it out as i need it..

Have you tried corn flour and pureed liver ?

opps i should say i do blend the liver to a paste and mix the rest in :laugh:

Is corn flour better then flour?

Yeah, it makes them hard and flat and not like a cake ( unless you like the cake style ) :p

A better option for putting one in a pocket and breaking it up as you go along

Cake style is ok cos other wise my dogs spend to much time chewing :laugh:

How much cornflour to say 500g of liver and 2 eggs? Same amount to what flour i use now

Buggered if I know :p

I'll have to find the recipe ( I know it's just two ingredients ;) ) and see if I can work out the ratios

ETA: my calculations could be way off but it would work out 2kg's to 500grams and if you added eggs you'd need more flour. That would make a lot of bickies as they are quite thin, you'd be baking for a whole day.

Edited by SBT123