Rspca Serves Warrant On Dogs Vic

oakway

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:p I am not a member of Ozshow , seems I was not accepted :)

So I stick to DOL forum and I have not got a clue what is going on !!

Are you telling us that the RSPCA is going another Victorian Breeder ???

For what reason this time ??

There aren't any further details, just that the RSPCA turned up with a warrant and were given whatever they required.

I guess it will come to light soon enough, when they rock up on some poor breeders door step, with 20 people, camera in hand and start seizing dogs. Surely dogs VIC would have had the balls to give whoever it is the heads up.

There aren't any further details, just that the RSPCA turned up with a warrant and were given whatever they required.

I guess it will come to light soon enough, when they rock up on some poor breeders door step, with 20 people, camera in hand and start seizing dogs. Surely dogs VIC would have had the balls to give whoever it is the heads up.

If they did give a heads up, they might be looking at charges themselves..

And if someone's been following breeding practices like playing roulette with PRA Carrier to Carrier matings and selling pups without DNA testing them then they SHOULD be charged.

Not every breeder deserves our sympathy or support. I'll wait and see where the axe falls before I condemn the RSPCA for enforcing the law.

Edited by poodlefan

If they did give a heads up, they might be looking at charges themselves..

And if someone's been following breeding practices like playing roulette with PRA Carrier to Carrier matings and selling pups without DNA testing them then they SHOULD be charged.

Not every breeder deserves our sympathy or support. I'll wait and see where the axe falls before I condemn the RSPCA for enforcing the law.

I agree with poodlefan - If this 'breeder' has done everything right, then they have nothing to worry about.

If this breeder has been acting irresponsibly then they deserve what comes.

While I am NOT a supporter of the RSPCA at all, if such 'investigations/inspections' encourage unscrupulous breeders to lift their game, then I see no harm done.

I also don't think that DogsVic should make this breeder aware of the goings-on. If they are found to be in breach of codes then I think DogsVic don't owe them any support. If, however, this whole investigation is in fact, unjustified, then the breeder deserves full support from DogsVic and its membership.

Jerojath:

While I am NOT a supporter of the RSPCA at all, if such 'investigations/inspections' encourage unscrupulous breeders to lift their game, then I see no harm done.

And while the CC's refuse to get their hands dirty enforcing the Code of Conduct or to implement compulsory health testing, it will forever be left to the law and those who enforce it to clean up the mess unethical registered breeders create.

Lets wait and see before we judge anyone heh?

Unfortunately the RSPCA don't act on their own with investigations like this - they simply don't have the resources. Someone from within our own ranks has supplied them with information to act on. Someone has dobbed in their competition. This is why the dog world will never beat these stupid legislations - it will always be 'win at all costs'. What a disgrace.