Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

That's great news Kathq!!

Well after Wednesday's very negative training night I took Daisy down to our local sports oval tonight - lots of kids there playing hockey again and despite us keeping our distance and minding our own business loads of kids came over to watch her :laugh::mad They wanted to get involved so I used them as figure eight posts again which they thought was awesome (LOL) and then they got their hockey sticks and held them up a little way off the ground and I called Daisy over them which they thought was the coolest thing they'd ever seen :p Nothing like training with some kids to make you feel good about your training again - they even awww'd and ahhh'd over Daisy doing automatic sits ;)

Gotta love kids! LOL It works on adults too! I went camping a few weeks ago with a bunch of friends and the dog, I decided to use one mate to do scent discrim, he was pretty impressed. But change of position impressed everyone the most! ;)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta love kids! LOL It works on adults too! I went camping a few weeks ago with a bunch of friends and the dog, I decided to use one mate to do scent discrim, he was pretty impressed. But change of position impressed everyone the most! :laugh:

Yeah I find COP impresses a lot of people... Don't know why! :p

My niece is the best spectator. Had Ruby doing silly things like walking backwards between my legs and spins last night and she thinks Ruby is very clever :D Aunt and Uncle were visiting once and I was just mucking around with a few things like COP and they were impressed too :)

I'm not feeling very motivated to train obedience at the moment :cry: . I blame my new obsession with agility :cry: . It's all I want to train at the moment. Does anyone else go through this when training multiple sports or is it just me :hug: .

I'm not feeling very motivated to train obedience at the moment :cry: . I blame my new obsession with agility :mad . It's all I want to train at the moment. Does anyone else go through this when training multiple sports or is it just me :cry: .

Just then I was playing with the dogs outside and Lincon was doing the most beatiful trot with his head up looking so good! Now I think I am going to spend some time for the next week just watching Lincoln with a clicker trying to mark the pretty trot for showing! :hug:

I prefer obedience over agility but I am finding I am training agility more because I have more people to train agility with. Nobody wants to train obedience with me, not sure why :rofl::thumbsup:

I'm looking for a retrieving training buddy though, as I am really keen on getting this training underway :D Motivation to train comes for me more when I have a training buddy, even if we're doing our own things, it's nice to have someone near by to bounce ideas off and vent to if things go wrong :rofl:

I prefer obedience over agility but I am finding I am training agility more because I have more people to train agility with. Nobody wants to train obedience with me, not sure why :rofl::thumbsup:

I'm looking for a retrieving training buddy though, as I am really keen on getting this training underway :D Motivation to train comes for me more when I have a training buddy, even if we're doing our own things, it's nice to have someone near by to bounce ideas off and vent to if things go wrong :rofl:

Contact ST. She lives near you and Ari is at a level where you can bounce ideas ect.

I would offer but I'm waiting till Lincoln has a retrieve.

I just subscribed to the Clean Run magazine :eek: .

You know now you are offically the most popular WA Doler! :o

I keep meaning to but always baulk at the cost.

Yay I'm popular ;) . It only works out being $6 an issue. I have to wait until July to get my first issue but the Agility Right From The Start book should keep me busy :cry: . I've just finished the chapter on training yourself. How are you going with it?

I just subscribed to the Clean Run magazine :eek: .

You know now you are offically the most popular WA Doler! :o

I keep meaning to but always baulk at the cost.

Yay I'm popular ;) . It only works out being $6 an issue. I have to wait until July to get my first issue but the Agility Right From The Start book should keep me busy :cry: . I've just finished the chapter on training yourself. How are you going with it?

I am working on the treat magnet with Toby and teaching him some tricks to keep his mind occupied while I draw up a training plan. :cry:

If I could pay $6 at a time I could afford clean run but its the thought of all that money at once, plus I find it very hard to order only one thing at a time from clean run :cry:

I looveeed agility when I first started it. Have swung back to preferring obedience now. Would really like to do a social type agility rather than full on comp stuff.

Amber gave me some eye contact today after being asked to wait for her breakfast. She ducked her head down at first but then sat up and looked at me. So yeah! :eek:

I would love to be reporting in the brags thread but not this time! Entered a double trial but both nq.

I was thrilled with Cindy's work in the am trial-perfect scores in SFE and stays-lost 1 point in recall (crooked sit). I thought she did well in the heel-I had great focus for most of the time BUT she will not drop in the cold and wet so her elbows didn't go down. In the pm trial she mucked up the heeling up in the recall but lost no other points and perfect scores again in the SFE and stays. Her healing was shocking-lagging but her drops were perfect. :thumbsup: :D :eek:

Didn't someone here say that this was fun? :D Who was that idiot! :D

I would love to be reporting in the brags thread but not this time! Entered a double trial but both nq.

I was thrilled with Cindy's work in the am trial-perfect scores in SFE and stays-lost 1 point in recall (crooked sit). I thought she did well in the heel-I had great focus for most of the time BUT she will not drop in the cold and wet so her elbows didn't go down. In the pm trial she mucked up the heeling up in the recall but lost no other points and perfect scores again in the SFE and stays. Her healing was shocking-lagging but her drops were perfect. :D :eek: :D

Didn't someone here say that this was fun? :D Who was that idiot! :D

I believe that was you :mad . I'll still give you a :thumbsup: for effort.

Bad luck Sue & Cindy! Zig doesn't like dropping in the wet either...happened in our first CCD trial. The judge was SO apologetic and was more disappointed than I was :thumbsup:

I actually enjoy mixing agility and obedience training up in the same session as it keeps Ziggy really focussed. This morning we worked on weaving poles again. So much fun! Now I physically try to push him into the wrong entry and he pushes against me to take it correctly. He just thinks he's so clever. So do I :D

I was thrilled with Cindy's work in the am trial-perfect scores in SFE and stays-lost 1 point in recall (crooked sit). I thought she did well in the heel-I had great focus for most of the time BUT she will not drop in the cold and wet so her elbows didn't go down. In the pm trial she mucked up the heeling up in the recall but lost no other points and perfect scores again in the SFE and stays. Her healing was shocking-lagging but her drops were perfect. :eek: :D :D

Didn't someone here say that this was fun? :mad Who was that idiot! ;)

I believe that was you :D . I'll still give you a :thumbsup: for effort.

Thanks for the :D

Maybe it will be fun next week when I am not trialling. It was very funny today. Everytime the steward called somoeone Cindy stood up-pick me pick me pick me...even stood up when UDX was called :)

So maybe it it Cindy who thinks it is fun and not me.......? :)

How did your walking go Sue & Cindy?

I thought my walking went much better although the judge said that i did slow a bit at one stage but corrected myself so I was pleased with that. I guess it is all progress but I do feel a bit discouraged at the moment!