Wanted: Foster Carer Or Rescue For Huskies X 3

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee alot has happened since I last updated this thread. As many of you will know Jasmine found a fantastic furever home and continues to do well. Apparently she is very happy in her new home. I cant wait for some pics of her to see her again. I will have to *hint hint* to her new family. :rofl:

I have some fantastic news regarding Alaska. NO she hasnt found a forever home as yet but my neighbour (and friend) came over this arvo and was so excited when I opened the door. She was going on about Alaska. I asked her 'What what is it?'

She says Alaska came to the gate, gave her hand a kiss and wagged her tail for the first time ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was so excited, it didnt register at first until I realised she had just said ALaska licked her hand. Anyone would think we'd won the lotto as we both jumped with joy! I am so happy I cannot tell you all how much of an achievement this is for Alaska. She wouldnt go to anyone other than me, OH, Jack or Bailey so to hear this is the best news.....Nancy commented on it being the first time she hasnt shyed away with her tail between her legs. :)

Edited by k9angel

Ha ha ha ----- isn't it wonderful to know that you can post something like that on a forum and you'll probably have hundreds of other people jumping for joy as well.

Go Alaska !!! :rofl: ;)

How great it is too that you have a neighbour who can enter into your love of the dogs and be so excited to see their advancement.

:eek::mad:laugh:

Ha ha ha ----- isn't it wonderful to know that you can post something like that on a forum and you'll probably have hundreds of other people jumping for joy as well.

Go Alaska !!! :rofl: ;)

How great it is too that you have a neighbour who can enter into your love of the dogs and be so excited to see their advancement.

:eek::mad:laugh:

Yes Nanc comes over nearly every day and has a heart of gold when it comes to the doggies. She (and her husband) have adopted 2 of my rescues and the 3rd, well I think he is a foster failure - so I think we can say 3. :laugh:

Theyre very spoilt pooches I might add. A pom x chi "Coco" a shep x kelpie? "Sheba" and "Sammy" a gorgeous retriever x rough collie who looks more like a lion than a dog.

I am really proud of Alaska for her triumph today. I have noticed the difference on our walks when she encounters people. She isnt so afraid anymore, she is showing more interest than fear. She is learning to trust in people, and I think starting to realise that not all people are bad. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Just now when I opened my email there was an email from Jasmines family with some gorgeous pics of her. It was perfect timing as I was feeling a little down and fretting for Sash a little. A lot actually.

Jasmine looks absolutely stunning. :o I cannot believe it. She has been on a diet and just look at her. She's a new girl. She looks so much healthier.

I have to admitt I had a happy tear as I opened the pics one by one. Unbelieveable.

And she is so white - When she was here she only had the run and there is only concrete and a the dirt garden that runs along the fence so it was hard to keep her clean. After I'd bath her she would go roll in the dirt :D :cheer: as she had no grass in her run to roll in.

It was a lovely update and made me feel so much better about Sasha.

Theyre very happy with her. She doesnt get buggered on her walks anymore and is really happy. I think I will have to send my old girl over to them as she is need of a good diet. :cheer:

4807289706_cf690c6cc0.jpg

4807289698_76e059eb66.jpg

4807289692_19b0fb90e7.jpg

4807289682_4e777afdd3.jpg

4807289680_4ba76a6188.jpg

Look at how slim she is now. :rofl:

Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa :rofl: :D . Couldn't be better.

Love the staghorns and palm grove as well. :cheer:

Yeah theyre gorgeous arent they. Its a beautiful backyard, she sets it off so well with her contrasting colors. :cheer: Her own little peice of paradise at last. :o

• 2 months later...

Here are some pics I have recieved over the last few months of Bailey boy. He is doing really well in his new home and is a very loved member of the family. ;) (apologies if any have already been posted, they are in no particular order)

5037409269_eb6ce71c9a.jpg

Isn't he looking gorgeous???

5037409237_253ca12c43.jpg

5037409231_aae3114a9f.jpg

5059268422_e2232656e9.jpg

5059268432_b5b51c5b27.jpg

think I posted this one already???

5059268440_8b293fa93a.jpg

This one must of been not long after arrival - he has my trademark yellow ear tips :D

5059268442_65a854995c.jpg

This one is so sweet, resting on his Mummy's pregnant tummy - little bub is now approx 3 mths old

5059268446_9e544e38fd.jpg

Snug as a bug....

5059268450_25d8522644.jpg

There is another pic, the most recent one of him sitting on the grass - but flickr wont let me upload saying the file is too large. :)

I just read this thread from beginning to end! What a lovely story and what a wonderful person you are to have saved these gorgeous dogs. :D I feel like I've just watched some wonderfully heart-warming movie - all choked up and feeling warm and fuzzy. Did I miss a bit tho, what happened to Alaska?

I just read this thread from beginning to end! What a lovely story and what a wonderful person you are to have saved these gorgeous dogs. :D I feel like I've just watched some wonderfully heart-warming movie - all choked up and feeling warm and fuzzy. Did I miss a bit tho, what happened to Alaska?

Alaska is still in care Spottychick. She has her own thread.

She is living with us until her forever home comes along. :)