Ellz' ...what Not To Wear!

ellz

Will have a hunt around... I have a very old photo of me at my first Royal Show (circa 1991) wearing a tartan kilt and white shirt :o May I just say that I was only just 15 and was told to wear it by my dog's breeder and I was too in awe (petrified :cry:) of her to say no! :)

Then again, maybe it's best left buried.... :cry:

oooh I have that one on video!! - you're just lucky I dont have the technology to get it onto the pooter!! ;) :mad

Also on video I have me showing a dog circa 1985 in too small yellow t-shirt and too big "bubblegum" jeans - Fortunately no photos but it is quite the look :rofl: But then I was a dorky 11yo and showing was a lot more relaxed in those days!! Wearing a suit would have made you look out of place :cry:

Argh but i have us all on video in junior handlers :confused:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little disturbed about the incidences of elastic going in undies :cry:

haa haa, its not a nice feeling, having your undies sliding down and knowing there isnt a thing you can do about it :confused: ,

I am sooooo glad I always show in pants :cry:

its worse when your pants decide to do the same :cry::mad

Will have a hunt around... I have a very old photo of me at my first Royal Show (circa 1991) wearing a tartan kilt and white shirt :) May I just say that I was only just 15 and was told to wear it by my dog's breeder and I was too in awe (petrified :cry:) of her to say no! :rofl:

Then again, maybe it's best left buried.... :cry:

oooh I have that one on video!! - you're just lucky I dont have the technology to get it onto the pooter!! :D :mad

Also on video I have me showing a dog circa 1985 in too small yellow t-shirt and too big "bubblegum" jeans - Fortunately no photos but it is quite the look ;) But then I was a dorky 11yo and showing was a lot more relaxed in those days!! Wearing a suit would have made you look out of place :cry:

Argh but i have us all on video in junior handlers :confused:

;) :o

I've got a particularly bad one but am a zillion miles away from my photos at the moment. The main lesson I learned from that is that it doesn't matter what the outfit looks like when you're standing in front of a mirror, you have to think about what it will look like when you're going flat out with your fastest dog!

I quickly learned that whilst petticoats and half slips are a good idea for business dressing, they can cause issues of their own at dog shows! :laugh:

And....COME ON GUYS!!! THIS THREAD IS FOR PHOTOS!!!!!!

I've got a particularly bad one but am a zillion miles away from my photos at the moment. The main lesson I learned from that is that it doesn't matter what the outfit looks like when you're standing in front of a mirror, you have to think about what it will look like when you're going flat out with your fastest dog!

Ooh, I want to see that one!

Random Agi Show... 'Redgum' (band) T-Shirt, Blue baggy Camoflague jeans, cut out Sun-Peak Cap, thongs (the feet kind :laugh: ) circa mid 1980's. :laugh:

Royal Melbourne Show....Mint Green Adidas Tracksuit and Blue Adidas Trackshoes. Also circa 1985. :o

Once at a show while showing an Alaskan Malamute my bra broke, couldn't find anything to fix it with and as I am large in that department it was not an option to go without it. Managed to find a large bandage in my medical kit and strapped the girls down as best as I could. Needless to say the bandage did not do a very good job and people running behind me had to watch out for the back swing :laugh:

I did however win BIS that day, don't ask me how :o . Now I always pack a spare bra :laugh:

Thank god there was no photos or videos.

Leanne

The first Mr Ellz managed to win a Sydney Royal BOB wearing jeans and a t-shirt. :laugh:

We'd rocked up to the Royal with a Junior dog at a reasonably competitive time in American Cockers so the LAST thing we expected was for our Junior to win Dog CC (and his title). Our friend who had been handling him got Bitch CC with her bitch and we suddenly looked at each other with a real "oh shit" expression when we realised that SOMEBODY was going to have to take Robbie back in for the breed, only both of us had dressed somewhat "down" for the occasion. He won because he at least wasn't covered in dog hair after trimming and grooming all morning!

Thank goodness Sydney isn't judged out to Group on the day because our friend cracked it and went home leaving us to take Robbie back for Specials day. I can only imagine the looks if he'd had to take the dog back in dressed in his casual gear. I have a feeling it may have been a mad dash into the city to buy something more suitable! :o:laugh:

I am a little disturbed about the incidences of elastic going in undies :laugh:
At least they had them on the first place :laugh::o :D

Yes you guessed, young girl, bent over and whammo nothing but flesh. :D :):rofl:

Actually Firestone, funny you should mention this....Mr Ellz pointed out to me a couple of shows ago that whilst some of our young and very attractive AND nubile Junior Handlers dress very well, they could pay more attention to their undergarments (or lack thereof)! :rofl:

I am a little disturbed about the incidences of elastic going in undies :laugh:
At least they had them on the first place :laugh::o :D

Yes you guessed, young girl, bent over and whammo nothing but flesh. :D :):rofl:

Actually Firestone, funny you should mention this....Mr Ellz pointed out to me a couple of shows ago that whilst some of our young and very attractive AND nubile Junior Handlers dress very well, they could pay more attention to their undergarments (or lack thereof)! :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:shrug::(:(

OK I have a couple I really shouldn't share, but while grooming my Pug dog he would chat with his teeth on my shirt, didn't mind kept him still....

Steward called my number and I poped the dog on the ground and made a bolt for the gate yelling here (that was to draw attention to myself of course) as while chatting my blouse he had managed to remove 3 of my top buttons and I was entering the ring with total bra showing and 2 bottom buttons left!!!!

Steward screamed , judge looked, I looked , I am sure an entry of over 300 looked and I grab the bloody dog to shield me of all things, someone hand me 2 nappy safty pins, all done and dusted entered the ring with red face.......... :eek:

BTW I was not behind the door when they were given out either.....If any-one has a picture of this I will pay thousands for ir not to be printed :o

Luck has it no camera phone's then.....

Another bad malfuntion was while changing shoes got distracted (which is not hard for me) went in the ring with one black shoe and one white jogger!!!!

Judge told me after my triangle that it was distracting............ :rofl:

No photos to share, but at an afghan specialty in Canberra some years ago, I wore my pretty pantsuit, lovely embossed satiny thing, problem was it had wide & long leg cuffs, tearing around the ring - the toe of my shoes got caught in the hem ! one near perfect somersault later, on the ground seeing stars ! true to being an old horsewoman though, I never leg go of the lead !

Judge helped me to my wobbly feet and I completed the lap.

leaning on the ringside rail, thinking that perhaps I'd broken my neck.... I looked over to see a video camera operator ! I told him if that footage ever gets to funniest home videos - he was a dead man !!!

fifi

Ahhhh yes.....the infamous Hound ring acrobatic stunts! I confess that I did that too...except it was with a Saluki and I was 7 months pregnant. It had been raining at the show grounds, the ground was slippery underfoot and I went boring around the corner with my puppy Saluki and felt my legs going. I landed with a splash in front of him, scared the bejesus out of him AND the judge but being the trooper I am, I got up, kicked off my shoes and kept on running! Won BOB and Puppy In Group with the Saluki. That afternoon the same judge watched me VERY carefully during Stafford judging and gave me BOB and Aust Bred In Group with the comment that she wondered if I would be able to walk because I'd hit the deck that hard earlier. :)

Funniest thing is that a friend of mine and my families, who I have known since my father worked with him when I was in high school has started showing dogs now and one of the first things he said to me was "I hear you fall down a lot...that'll be fun to watch". Now I'm SUPER careful where I plant my feet, I don't want to give him ammunition...he's cheeky enough! :mad