R.i.p Milo

3Woofs

About 2 months ago I gave my little mini pony away to a friend's relative where he was kept in their backyard as a pet and walked around the streets everyday.

Well two neighbourhood dogs which are apparently used for hunting jumped the front yard fence and forced their way through the backyard fence where they mauled little Milo :confused:

He was only 83cm tall and had to be PTS due to the severity of his injuries. :laugh:

The police were called while the dogs were still in the yard and were going to shoot them but they were worried they would get the pony so they called the pound who took them away.

Apparently these dogs have killed cats and a dog before so I hope they get the book thrown at them! :D

R.I.P little fellow :o

miloedit.jpg

:dunce: how horrific for you and the family and poor little Milo

Yep we are devastated :(

I'm just glad the kids weren't at home at the time.... not a nice thing to come home to find half your ponies face ripped off.

Oh god how horrific :-(

our vet practice has had to deal with the innocent victims (dogs, sheep, and more) this week of uncontrolled dogs, and the ranger & police are gunning for them.

that poor wee pony and his owners.

fifi

OMG! thats is just horrible....I hope they have the dogs in custody now....and they fine the pants off the bl**dy owners.... :dunce::

BF

They have the dogs in custody and I know both the police and ranger advised them to take the dog owners to court.

I'm still waiting to find out for sure but I think the owners is arguing against having the dogs PTS.

Guest belgian.blue

There are two bull type dogs near my parents with the invisable fencing.

They have attacked a neighbours JRT, another dog and now a human but they are still contained with no fence .. just some stupid collars that don't keep them in. Wonder how long till they kill a dog or a human :dunce:

Yeah the pony owners have been told to sue for compensation.... don't know if they will as they are pretty upset at the moment and haven't thought too much about it.

I can't believe the dogs went through two quite secure fences! I could understand seeing a pony standing in a paddock and chasing it, but they sought out the pony to get him.

The owners have a little dog too that is probably traumatised by having the strange dogs running around it's yard ripping milo apart.

Truly sickening. Poor Milo having that happen to him. Too horrible.

Nothing will bring him back, and only time with lessen the horror, but never erase it. However, I can't imagine wanting to keep dogs who can injure a solid little horse to the extent he has to be PTS. Sadly some people just see that as a plus for some dogs.

My deepest sympathies to everyone who knew and loved Milo.

OMG ! That's awful Bluestaff...poor little guy... RIP

Just this week there have been half a dozen sheep been mauled up my way. They belonged to a school and were really pets of the pupils. All had to be pts, just too badly mauled. Not wild dogs either, just a couple that obviously had owners that don't believe in keeping them behind secure fencing :dunce:

Very good advice Showdog. All will be needed to make a case.

the dogs doing the killing near where I work are traditional companion breeds & their crosses, backyard pets who form a pack at night.

All the real hunters in this area have their dogs well secured.

fifi

As horrible as its sounds did they get photos of the injuries??

Did a vet have to PTS Milo??

Get reports from all parties,vet,police,ranger etc .

A dreadful way for animal to depart this world

Yes the vet did a report for them when he came to PTS and I've told themt o make sure they get both the police and ranger reports.

The ranger also took photos of the injuries.

Poor Milo, RIP little guy.

The dogs should be euthed. Dogs like that shouldn't be alive.

Hopefully the council will take care of it. I think your friends should write to the council, just to ensure it is done.