My Dog Is The Best.

dee lee

No real reason for this post except that I just got an overwhelming feeling that I am so lucky to have had Honey come into my life 4 months ago. :sleep:

Tonight I am sitting in my living room alone while OH is at work and she is alternating between cuddles and guarding the front door (I have it open and there are lots of people walking past). She is such a delight and every week our bond gets stronger. She is my gorgeous girl.

I had no idea that being a dog owner could be such an immense joy, she improves my life so much. :coffee:

Those of you who have "known" me in the past couple of years will understand how much this means to me.

Just had to get that out.

Feel free to add your own devotional comments. :o

Oooohhhh, little trickle down cheek. :coffee::sleep:

One gorgeous girl deserves another.

I have a little rescue at the moment who does that to me, too. He is positively ancient, walks like a komodo dragon his legs are so bent, but when I saw him on the website listed as 15 and knew he would die and be thrown in a tip or something, I just couldn't bear it to happen. So I adopted him and for the first few days, the poor little fellow could hardly lift his head off the doggy bed. But now I watch him totter around the back yard and I just feel that whomp in my heart and tummy. A while ago, I walked into the kitchen and he RAN towards me.

Yes, it is wonderful.

Edited by Mother Moocher

I am so happy that at long last, you're experiencing what dog ownership should be about. Right now, my two big ones are flat out on the loungeroom floor, snoozing their heads off after a long and pleasant walk with me. My oldie had dinner and as usual, put herself to bed as soon as she'd eaten. It's so nice just to have them here....it's like everything is right with our little world. And I'm happy that Honey makes your world right too.

I love threads like this, So glad Honey makes your life complete. I spent this evening with my OH watching a dvd surrounded by our 4 all alternating with OH and me for cuddles and I commented to him "where would we be without them" They are our life and have filled a huge void for us, we love them so much!!

Im feeling the love :coffee:

Oh thank you everyone! :o I'm feeling the love too! :coffee:

Its just so wonderful to be able to enjoy her.

Walking her is one of the best parts of my day- even though I get up at 6am to do it!!

Yes, everything is right with our little world too. ;)

eta: GR- you will be the death of me!!! :sleep:

I get updates from Golden Retriever Rescue and everytime I see a sweet old goldie needing a home I have to restrain myself!!

Edited by ✽deelee

Oh thank you everyone! :wave: I'm feeling the love too! :sleep:

eta: GR- you will be the death of me!!! :o

I get updates from Golden Retriever Rescue and everytime I see a sweet old goldie needing a home I have to restrain myself!!

You'll get DOUBLE the love with two! :coffee: ;)

Do Goldies shed any less than Labs? I have a Lab, and she cracks me up daily - especially like this morning when she and my latest foster puppy (20kg Ridgey/Dane, 5 months old) play zoomies in the morning.

Maybe you could help Goldie Rescue by becoming a foster carer deelee? That way you can have double Goldie loving regularly... *grin*

T.

I know how you feel deelee, even when they annoy me I never take for granted how special they are and how lucky I am to have them.

Whenever I'm upset Mo will come over and pop his head in my lap, Lili will just jump on me and not let me ignore her, after I've given her a scratch I've forgotten what I was upset about!

I'm so glad you have such a beautiful girl to love :mad

Do Goldies shed any less than Labs? I have a Lab, and she cracks me up daily - especially like this morning when she and my latest foster puppy (20kg Ridgey/Dane, 5 months old) play zoomies in the morning.

Maybe you could help Goldie Rescue by becoming a foster carer deelee? That way you can have double Goldie loving regularly... *grin*

T.

The shedding does test the love I admit! :rolleyes: I dont know about labs, but in December and January I was sweeping 4 times a day, brushing every day and still had golden tumbleweeds! Its much better now though.

I'd love to help Wendy and foster but (as I keep reminding Golden Rules :o - and myself!) I dont have enough room for 2 dogs.

Yet. I'm working on OH to move to a bigger house so I can indulge my fantasies. :(

I had to post in reply because I know exactly how you feel. I was totally immune to the powers of 'mutt's before my OH persuaded me to join in buying a dog. So I succumbed to keep him happy and within a week, our new arrival opened up a whole new world for me/us. We don't have children and having our two little ones has genuinely been the making of me. I know I'm a lot more compassionate and even in temperament for them..so for me, my dogs have been life changing. Sorry, bit emotional but that's what the experience of dog 'ownership' is for me.

Of course, it also makes me far more susceptible to people's cruelty and apathy..but that's another posting!

Hi Deelee.

I saw Wendy again on Sunday (we attend the same obedience trials) and I was telling her how much you rave about Honey and how great she is! Wendy had a tear in her eye when she told me about the photos you have sent her, especially those with your "dog scared" daughter hugging Honey.

It's a true match made in Heaven!.

PS there is an info/puppy day on the 18th April at Castle Hill Showground (run by the GR Club).

You should come (kids welcome) with Honey and join in the fun.

Hi Deelee,

From your message and some of the other posts it sounds like you've had an unpleasant time recently. So it's lovely to hear about your bond with Honey.

My greyhound, Deanna, is 11 years old and I've had her for just over one year. She is absolutely one of the best things in my life. Nice to hear that other people feel the same way about their dogs. I don't think non-dog people "get it".

Andy.

I'm really sorry deelee.. I know Honey is adorable and all but I am sooo distracted by your avatar :D

:rofl: I have heard that more than once- usually in the mid afternoon.

Mollipop, Thank you for telling Wendy that! :eek:

I often think about sending hermore photos and updates but I know how busy she is. After reading your post I think I will anyway! ;)

I will see how I go with the Castle Hill show- we always seem to be ridiculously busy with kid stuff on the weekends.