Scoff Stopper

Guest Clover

I have a couple of bowls simialr to that one, the one Tinny uses works realy well with her atops her inhaling her food in 10 seconds. the one i use with Harri is pretty crap, he cannot get his nose into the bowl so cannot eat at all :eek:.

I recently bought one of these for my foster up (ACDx) and it now takes him twice as long to eat his meals. He's quite slim though so he can fit his nose between the... protrusions.

I've been washing it in the dishwasher (top rack) with no problems. I don't leave the food bowls down so I'm not sure how chew resistant it is but it feels pretty sturdy to me. The only downside I've noticed is that it's difficult to mix food in the bowl. :mad

I also think it makes him work harder for his meals which can't be a bad thing :eek:

I spoke to the creator of the Scoff Stopper at the Darwin pet expo last year, and he said he'd had trouble with bloat in his dogs which is why he tried to find a solution. *shrugs* We've got a speed eater, just chuck his food across the lawn now.

I put a cricket ball in the middle of mines bowl, that slowed him down when he was really bad as a puppy. He would inhale his food and then throw up. He doesn't do it any more now.

I tried this with a cricket ball this morning...her boof head kept knocking it out

My new girl was almost going to have a name change to 'Hoover' as she just breathes in her food so fast lol!! Scoff stoppers seem to be a bit pricey, maybe I'll go to the $2/reject shop and look for cricket ball lookalikes. Hopefully that will slow her down a bit.

We have similar bowls like that here too. I got mine from Pets At Home and they were around $12 from memory.

Both of my dogs are fast eaters but one in particular when finished eating would go outside and throw it all up. Poor dog didn't keep anything down. So far since using these bowls she hasn't thrown up once.

My bowls have 5-6 prongs in the middle.

I got my ridgy girl a "Gutzy Bowl" the other day from BP&G, while I was in there "just browsing"! Walked out with an arm full :(

It has definitely slowed her eating down. She also burps alot, indicating to me that she swallows alot of air. That doesnt seem to have decreased tho?! She has always been a burper. She will walk up to you, as if shes gonna give you a kiss, then, buuuuuurrrrrrrrppp........right in the face! Charming bloody dog!

Rat