Advance Or Eagle Pack

Azzachazza

Hi All.

Sorry bout the briefness of this post. Just going to purchase one of the following, and needed some DOL opinions:

http://www.eaglepack.com/SP_LGPuppy.html

http://www.petshops.com.au/catalog/product...08bv67i1l2e7pf6

I understand the best food, is whichever your dog does best on, but given the choice of these two, which would you choose. Or should i look elsewhere. Just wanted a change from my regular Artemis Puppy, as their skin wasnt looking the best. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks guys

:thumbsup:

Hi Azzachazza

I was feeding my boy Artemis and he was quite itchy and his coat wasn't nice and shinny.

I switched him to Eagle Pack and I have been really happy.

No scratching, his coat is fabulous and he has maintained a good weight.

I have not had any experience with Advance.

With the super premium brands most suppliers will let you exchange the product if the dog wont eat it. So it may be worth giving one of them ago. I have also heard that some suppliers will send out a sample pack if you contact them.

When I was researching the different types of dry food available I found a few websites had reviews on the ingredient content.

One of the main ones I used to compare the different types was the Dog Food Analysis website.

Check out their reviews:

Advance: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_re...787&cat=all

Eagle Pack: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_re...303&cat=all

Some of the reviews were completed a while ago so you need to make sure the ingredients analysis is correct for the brand of food you are considering.

There was another couple of sites I visited, however I cant remember the details sorry.

Good luck choosing a new brand, and remember to switch over gradually to avoid stomach upsets.

Edited by Kody's_Mum

I am a big Eagle Pack fan I like their Holistic Select range, the Advance is good but just didnt agree with my dog, I keep him off yeast and gluten and Holsitic Select is free of those. He also goes to the loo way less on EP.

Eagle Pack hands down. I did a lot of research before choosing a "commercial" dog food that I would use when I can't feed raw for some reason and EP came in at the top of the list.

I wouldn't even consider Advance having looked at the ingredient list especially if your dog is having skin problems (although it's better than the supermarket cheapies!).

This site is a great resource - dog food project

Advance made Leila fart really badly! We feed nutro now and no nasty smells - Except for the OH who blames it on the poor dog! We got heaps of EP samples from Better Pets and Gardens in WA - even ones for the cat.

Hi there :D

I've been feeding Eagle Pack Puppy to my Ridgeback since we got him. He is now almost 11 months and he is in great health. Super shiny coat, lots of energy, and a good weight. I highly recommend.

Haven't had any experience with Advance though.

Does EP send out samples to try?

Yes, contact them through their website I have been sent samples 2x now as I first tried the Holistic Select large Adult and I wanted to try the Anchovy and Salmon for dogs with allergies and they sent me samples very quick each time.

I was feeding Trixie Advance to begin with (she was weaned onto it, she did ok on it but not great, wasn't gaining enough weight) so I changed her over to EP because I preferred it for Kyzer and felt it was a better food, but ended up quite unhappy with it, she wasn't keeping weight on at all despite eating bucket loads of the stuff (went through a 15kg bag of it with 2 very small dogs surprisingly fast! :D ) and it all came out the other end just as quickly.

So I changed her to Nutro and I'm really happy with it, she looks healthier and is keeping weight on a lot better than before. She's been in it for a few months now.

Going by the ingredients list EP looked a lot better to me than Nutro, but the results are a lot different and were quite surprising. I doubt I'll buy EP again.

I had used EP in the past with my other dog but he is the sort of dog that could eat anything and still keep condition, Trixie is quite the opposite.

100% Eagle Pak

I am an animal naturopath and have spent years studying pet food.

Eagle Pak doesnt have hardly any fillers or preservatives compared to a lot of the other commercial dog foods.

Many pet food use bright coloured packages and pretty images to give the consumer the idea that their food is good for pets.

They also use words such as healthy and natural, unfortunately there is no advertising rule stopping them from tricking the consumer into believing they are feeding their pet really good pet food. Just because it is expensive and has pretty packaging doesnt mean its good for your pet.

I have also worked in a large pet shop and believe me a lot of staff have little or no idea about half the ingredients each dog food product contains. They purely go on what the company that makes the food has told them (and of course your dog will love it, lol).

Also a lot of shops have accounts with certain pet food companies that give them flashy prizes for selling a lot of their food, which means the consumer may not get the best food for their pet.

Eagle Pak is one of the better foods on the market. Their fish one is also excellent for dogs with sensitive skin or allergies.

Also look for Barf and Ziwipeak...these are top quality food for dogs and contain nothing but all natural ingredients.

Hope this helps... Good luck

Hope this helps.

Molly is on Eagle pack, she does really well on it. She is lean, lovely coat, clean ears and healthy. While I like the holistic select range Molly switches between Eagle pack original and Eagle pack Natural (ones is pork based and one is lamb based) and loves both.She gets two cups a day and some sardines or chicken wing and this keeps her at around 28 kilo so it works out good value.

I had no end of problems with Eagle Pack - my dogs thought they were starving to death.

No bad experiences with Artemis, except it was still messing up my sensitive tummy boy. And he was still hungry, but the more I gave him, the worse it went through him.

Won a sample of Nutro Lamb & Rice, and suddenly he was heaps better. So I am now trying him on that for a while, to see how it goes.

Yes, contact them through their website I have been sent samples 2x now as I first tried the Holistic Select large Adult and I wanted to try the Anchovy and Salmon for dogs with allergies and they sent me samples very quick each time.

Thank Ill email them

PeiPei how do you feel about Royal Canin? I think Ill put my GR on the retriever variety once Im through with her Supercoat

All my dogs are on Eagle Pack and have had amazing results with this product, they were on Diamond and Advance prior to EP and their skin was not as clear as it is now, they also utilise the food and there is less that gets disgarded out the other end!!

My vote is EP and you get the buy 10 bags and the 11 th is free offer, email lexie at EP and she is more than happy to send samples.

[email protected]

I switched my lot from Advance to Eagle Pack and haven't looked back.

The difference in their coats was spectacular and they do a lot better on Eagle Pack than they ever did on Advance.

I feed Simba Eagle Pack Holistic Select Salmon and Anchovy Dry Food.

I've also fed him other types of Eagle Pack and am geniunely happy with it 100%.

We also feed EP various varieties to the dogs at work. Their power formula is fantastic for keeping weight

on the skinny, active dogs. :thumbsup:

Sensitive formula is great for coat & skin.

Senior is great for older dogs.

In case you are wondering - No I'm not getting paid to promote Eagle Pack Dry food and no I don't work for Eagle Pack.

I just believe it is a well balanced, nutritional, complete dry food for dogs. :laugh:

And my boy, Simba loves it!!!! :laugh:

XXToughgirlXxxx

Ive asked for samples from both Eagle Pack and Royal Canin, so far I just got a reply off Lexie from EP, she is sending me Holistic Select Large and Giant Puppy for Lexi, and the Salmon and Anchovy Dry Food for Tess, she was so friendly and when she found out my GR is called Lexi she asked for photos of my girls :laugh: Im Impressed and I havnt even tried the food yet