Meet Tiamat 5-month Old Gsp

alecrain

Three weeks ago my wife and I drove over 120km to a dog rescue place to adopt an English Pointer/or German Shorthaired Pointer (too early for us to determine the breed- any help?) puppy that's been abandoned. We found through a listing on-line and couldn't sleep all night thinking of him.

When we arrived at the shelter we were led to the back of the place where they kept the dogs and there he was, lying in his cot, wagging his tail but too scared to stand up, we spent a couple of minutes with him and immediately knew that we wanted to adopt him.

Tiamat is 4 months old and was abandoned by the previous owner (with no explanation). He was very scared, shy, stressed and malnourished little puppy, not that little I should say- he's 55cm and weighs 15 kg and still got a lot to grow. People at the pet rescue centre had him checked by the vet, vaccinated, dewormed, micro-chipped and desexed. The lady there said that it'll take us probably up to a month to make him a happy dog...

We took him home as soon we finished the paperwork but he was too scared to walk, I had to carry him to the car and into the house.

Within few hours and some tasty treats we made him trust us enough to come to us and not hide in the tightest places around, and by the next day I taught him some tricks and few day later he was enjoying walks in the area.

I must say, he's the perfect dog: playful, obedient, smart, housebroken, affectionate, doesn't chew stuff, likes all his toys and not aggressive nor does he bark too much.

I'm an amateur photographer so here are some photos of Tiamat:

First day- you can see how skinny he was

IMG_2256-94-1.jpg

Few days later

IMG_2476-21-17.jpg

At the beach last weekend

IMG_2725-1-1.jpg

:eek:

Big congrats on getting him out of his shell, and for giving him a second chance. It breaks my heart to see dogs go through such tough treatment that they are emotionally scarred... but it sounds like he landed in the perfect home for him to flourish.

Well done, and bless you for taking him in. I hope you both have a long and happy friendship, and that he continues to improve. :confused:

Alecrain do you know where he originally came from?

Just asking because my GSP boy is from Victoria and is 5 months old and looks a lot like your boy. He has a black face too but has more white on his body. Just wondering if they are from the same place?

My boy is great too and the perfect dog!

Well done on bringing this gorgeous boy home with you! I'm sure you will have many adventures, laughs and cuddles for many many years! The start of his life was not so great but he's got you now so the rest of his life will be perfect!

Oh well done! He does seem to me to be GSP x Pointer (more of a pointerish head) but thats just my unqalified opion and doesnt matter at all!

Certainly come and join us in the GSP thread.

They are just a divine breed and you will find you will have a totally loyal and devoted dog till the end of your days.

Fabulous save, i look forward to hearing more as he matures and grows. ;)

He looks absolutely gorgeous - I had a GSP many years ago & still have a soft spot for the breed - I know they can be a bit challenging sometimes (possibly why he was abandonded) but they more than make up for it with the love they give.

My boy, Wings, (Coolhand Bronze Wings) was the King of Victoria Gardens, Prahran, friend to all cats & honourary Uncle to many Poodle puppies ;)

Wingsy.jpg

What a lovely fella, Beautiful shots of your boy!! I loved your blog too, you are very talented. You might like to head over to the photo forum and have a look about. We usually have a different challenge every month if you would like to join in feel free!! Hope you have many happy years ahead with your boy!!