Bestest News Ever!

becandcharch

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KnucklesDutchnUs, thanks so much for all of that info. I really an clueless and new to that side of things so wouldnt knwo what to do.

I'll definately have a read.

No worries! I am the Art Director for a book publisher and you would be surprised at how many professional photographers and graphic designers don't know about their IP rights, or read the contracts I send out to them :laugh: So I need to be well versed in copyright law (hooray) - PM me if you need any more help :love:

- Astred

Well done, that is a fantastic photo. Be proud. :mad

Are they going to send you a contract regarding your IP?

Make sure your image remains rights managed and you license it to them for a certain period of time.

Ignore me if you're already doing this, but if you're not sure about your IP (intellectual property) rights have a look at this Info Sheet from the Australian Copyright Council

I second that. Don't just sign over ownership of your image, without realising it. Renumeration for each specific use has a certain value. Copyright can be worth a lot more than that, I would have thought a lot more than the cost of a camera and a few lenses. Think about who is using it and what they stand to gain.

Well done, that is a fantastic photo. Be proud. :D
Are they going to send you a contract regarding your IP?

Make sure your image remains rights managed and you license it to them for a certain period of time.

Ignore me if you're already doing this, but if you're not sure about your IP (intellectual property) rights have a look at this Info Sheet from the Australian Copyright Council

I second that. Don't just sign over ownership of your image, without realising it. Renumeration for each specific use has a certain value. Copyright can be worth a lot more than that, I would have thought a lot more than the cost of a camera and a few lenses. Think about who is using it and what they stand to gain.

Thanks Greymate.

I will double check everything. Its killing me to not email and ask what I get. I think I will just wait until they call me.

Dont get me wrong, thats not the main thing but I do have my eye on some new toys... :mad

When you think about it, it should be substantial, after all, they are using YOUR work to advertise/sell their product. Your photo might make them alot of money. I hope they do give you a 5d Mk whatever the latest model is.

When you think about it, it should be substantial, after all, they are using YOUR work to advertise/sell their product. Your photo might make them alot of money. I hope they do give you a 5d Mk whatever the latest model is.

:thumbsup: I wont get my hopes up too high!

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo... the director of the commercial just called me!!

He explained what happens next.

They gave the photos (I think they are making a few commercials) to a bunch of actors and they had to guess the story behind it, say what they thought was happening and how it made them feel etc.

They even had to guess what they thought the dogs name was! He laughed when I told him it was Charche :( He said Nope, no one got that one!

He asked me the story behind the photo and said they then make a decision as to which actor was best suited tell its story based on their answers.

For example someone said it looked like Charche was singing Jazz due to the moody dark feel ;)

It was pretty funny. I told him that when I come home from work Charche talks to me and its like he's telling me about his day. :)

He said that it is going to be on the screen for 22 seconds and the total ad is only 30! Woo hoo!!!!

The wait is going to kill meeeeeeeeee...!!!

Edited by becandcharch

Thanks guys! I actually believe its happening now!

Kirislin I did get a little nervous when I was speaking to him. Explaining a 'woo woo woo' to a non dog person isnt the easiest thing!! :rofl:

Ash, there is a 580EX speedlite and a little $$ coming my way :laugh:

Thanks guys! I actually believe its happening now!

Kirislin I did get a little nervous when I was speaking to him. Explaining a 'woo woo woo' to a non dog person isnt the easiest thing!! :rofl:

Ash, there is a 580EX speedlite and a little $$ coming my way :laugh:

I totally get the woo woo woo :laugh:

Sweet Score!! :laugh: