Bestest News Ever!

becandcharch

:):):laugh::laugh::rofl::)

There arent enough emoticons to show how happy I am!!!

Some of you may know that Canon had approached me about using one of my images from the Photo5 competition for their next campaign.

This was the email I recieved

Dear Rebecca,

I work for the advertising agency that looks after Canon. We are currently in the progress of developing a new campaign for EOS to launch in May of this year. As part of that campaign we would like to feature real images from the World of EOS (and associated competitions i.e Photo5) with the story of how and why that image was created.

As part of this process we have chosen yours Photo5 image to potentially feature.

If we use your image you will be remunerated and would ask for you to potentially appear in the ad as well.

This was back in Feb. I waited a few weeks after I hadnt heard back and eamiled them to see if they had decided. They still hadnt.

Yesterday I thought why not just email again. It was 3 weeks past the date they said they would get back to me so I had just assumed they werent using it.

Well! I just recieved the below email!!!!!!

Hi Rebecca,

Actually we are using your image! We just got sign off on the campaign yesterday (yes it is a VERY slow process).

So what does this mean: We are using your image as the hero image in one out of four commercials. It will be on screen for 20 seconds full screen so we are really cerebrating it.

Over the top of the image there will be a voiceover telling the story behind the image, this will be delivered by an actor. The director may be in contact with you in the next few weeks to talk to you about your story and find out more about the image. Is this OK with you? Her name is Amy. The end story will be embellished as we need to ensure cut through on TV but we want to base it as much on your real story as possible.

If you have any questions please let me know

Thanks so much - hope you are as excited as we are!

This is the image

4066109280_d28206a5a2.jpg

Edited by becandcharch

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yee haa, me goes bucking around the room in celebration for you. I asked about this just the other day but I dont think you saw my thread. So happy for you. Well deserved too.

I cant wait to see it on telly. Wow, you will be famous. You must feel like you are floating on air right now.

Thanks ladies!!

Yes I am floating around the office. Im lucky everyone here knows I love photography so I have pepole I can talk to about it!!

Sorry Kirislin, I dont think I saw that you had asked about it.

I think its just on their website when they say it will be on screen. I guess?

I'm such a sook, I got all sniffly and their might have been little tearies :rofl:

fantastic, hope you are getting something great from them for that, bet you are floating a few inches above the ground

Thanks! They did say that I would be remunerated. No idea how much. Even if didnt I would still be so happy.

Thats just a little bonus :rofl:

We need Charch's autograph! Does he know he's going to be famous? We can now post about him in the thread about famous on-screen dogs!

:rofl: Im pretty sure he thinks he's that important anyway!

Someone bought a massive framed print of him from red bubble. He was wearing glasses, a shirt and a tie :)

Who would want that on their wall???? I would love to know where it is.

Happy tears are most definitely appropriate in this situation Bec. Hey maybe you can ask for a fancy new lens or camera instead of renumeration. Ooooh wouldn't that be nice.

How about a link to their website where it's mentioned.

Edited by Kirislin

:rofl: Bec, thats great news!! I can imagine how excited you are.

Every year since I have had Cooper (2006) my lot have been on an American x breed calendar and it is a real buzz to think that your shots have been picked out of potentially thousands of shots.

Well done, maybe they will have a Canon add on TV? How cool would that be!!

Edited by tlc

We need Charch's autograph! Does he know he's going to be famous? We can now post about him in the thread about famous on-screen dogs!

:rofl: Im pretty sure he thinks he's that important anyway!

Someone bought a massive framed print of him from red bubble. He was wearing glasses, a shirt and a tie :)

Who would want that on their wall???? I would love to know where it is.

*tiptoes away sneakily to close the door to her Charch shrine *

Hey Bec, what fantastic news. You must be so excited and proud. What a clever lot of DOL photographers we have here. Hopefully we'll get to see the ad on the screen here in Canberra and I can boast that I "know you". Well done.