Rspca Shelters In Uk To Turn Away Unwanted Pets And Strays

gillbear

It seems everyone has forgot that this is about the RSPCA in the UK.

It is not run the same as here in Australia. Cultural differences on animal keeping & welfare are different.

Maybe this topic needs posting on the UK DOL forum, just for a comparison of responses.

It's most likely much worse here. :mad :D :):):confused:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chocolatelover

I won't be back. Obviously. Not really interested anymore in reading what you think of me either. And I certainly won't be recommending this site again. Not even sure I will even go down the registered breeder path again. I have no doubt that means little to you and life will go on but at least I know where I stand and what I believe in.

:o

Don't forget to close the door.

I despair for the human race when such narrow minded,blinkered,self righteous,judgemental people without the slightest hint of compassion or humility are around. :thumbsup: I am glad i choose not to associate with people like that.

I'll open the door for you to go through,dont let it slam on your a%$#e on the way out.

Unfortunately, advertising from animal rights is everywhere, the propaganda from animal rights is woven into most of the information available to the public. And animal rights and animal welfare equate to the same thing in the opinion of lots of people.

Consequently, lots believe what they have read or seen. Including vets.

All dogs should be neutered, undesexed dogs are nasty and savage, pit bulls are bad and the cause of all attacks, they eat 400 people and 2000 small dogs a month, breeders are bad, they breed the dogs which end up in pounds, breeders should breed less but they don't care, breeders cause heaps of problems, and they breed unsound and unhealthy dogs, and don't care. All that stuff.

Many have come here, interacted with breeders, rescuers, pitbull owners, read first hand accounts of the actions of the rspca and other bodies, and been swayed by the truth and consequently seen the true picture. Some come, argue, cannot see another point of view, and leave.

The means for all research is on the forum. Some will read it, some will not.

People who want to bicker, argue, insult others, and behave badly from a platform of righteous indignation, are, imho, the worst

I PM'ed Chocolatelover to ask what she thought of my reply to her. As I'd be interested in her opinion. We had a courteous exchange talking about the points. Though obviously we didn't agree about everything (& nor should we), I found her friendly & thoughtful.

Self congratulatory posts are always slightly nauseating.
self n Person's or thing's own individuality or essence.

self prefix combining form of self

congratulate Address (person) with expression of sympathetic joy (on something)

congratulatory adj

Absolutely. You weren't very clear, would you mind pointing out the "self contratulatory posts"?

Thanks.