Woman Killed After Stopping For Dog

corrie

Here is the LINK

Pedestrian killed helping dog at Hillside

Staff writer From: Herald Sun April 22, 2010 7:07AM

A WOMAN in her 20s has been killed after stopping by the side of a road to help a stray dog.

The woman was hit on the Melton Highway, about 9pm last night.

"Police believe the woman may have stopped on the side of the road to help a dog when a car hit the dog and then her," a police spokeswoman said.

"The woman was found by passers by who stayed with her until paramedics arrived."

Police are interviewing a man and urge anyone on the highway at the time to call triple zero.

Just tragic.

Aweful news.....Im assuming the dog get killed aswell?? :confused:

I think so Gilypoo. I think they were both hit by the same car. Hit and run. ;) But apparently police have now questioned the man that was driving the car.

RIP good samaritan & doggy.

I guess I have been lucky twice helping an injured animal. The first was when a dog fell off the back of a ute, I managed to stop before hitting him, I went & picked him up & took him to the Vet which luckily was only 10 minutes away, the dog survived thankfully. The second time, I was in peak hour traffic at 8am in the morning on Victoria Parade, Melbourne, the car in front of me hit a possum, I stopped again & went & picked him up & put him in my car, he didn't have any signs of blood, or feel pain, so I took him to work with me, I kept the little bugger for 2 months, luckily I lived in the hills, so when I thought he was OK, I left the bathroom window open, the next day he was gone, but he came around for a feed every night after I got home from work. :provoke:

When you see an injured animal you don't think about the risk to yourself, you are only concerned with the injured animal.