Urgent

webby

Thanks again everyone. We took her to the vet and after an xray they decided it was just that she had gorged herself. They kept her in there for an hour with some needle that made her spew and she came back out with half a waiste line again. It's a bit of a worry though when the vet spent an hour with her and took xrays and still thought she was a he

Thanks again

Edited by webby

Yep, vet now. Even if she's not showing signs of discomfort yet, the distended abdomen would have me worried about bloat. If it's bloat she'll die if she doesn't get treatment ASAP.

Not sure about bloat, it sounds too localised. However, I woudl be taking her to the emergency Vet now becuase it certainly sounds like it may be serious. It could be heart failure and fluid building up or it could be a punctured lung and air build up. It could be almost anything. I wouldn't risk it, get her to a Vet.

Not sure about bloat, it sounds too localised. However, I woudl be taking her to the emergency Vet now becuase it certainly sounds like it may be serious. It could be heart failure and fluid building up or it could be a punctured lung and air build up. It could be almost anything. I wouldn't risk it, get her to a Vet.

Trust me localized means nothing having a had dog that bloated & showed minimal swelling & going to the vet at the very first signs our dog had actually already twisted .

This said dog was still playing with his toys,walked into the vet with his fav teddy & acted as nothing was wrong but nowing our dog we saw a sign .

Dog was PTS due to the twisting .

This dog had severe thyroid issues so was infact chronically underweight so the swelling wasnt normal at all but having owned breeds predisposed any small sign is enough to head to the vet without a second thought.

Bloat doesnt wait a few hrs but every minute counts if it is.

Bloat doesnt always show up in the typical fashion to look out for

Trust me localized means nothing having a had dog that bloated & showed minimal swelling & going to the vet at the very first signs our dog had actually already twisted .

This said dog was still playing with his toys,walked into the vet with his fav teddy & acted as nothing was wrong but nowing our dog we saw a sign .

Dog was PTS due to the twisting .

This dog had severe thyroid issues so was infact chronically underweight so the swelling wasnt normal at all but having owned breeds predisposed any small sign is enough to head to the vet without a second thought.

Bloat doesnt wait a few hrs but every minute counts if it is.

Bloat doesnt always show up in the typical fashion to look out for

Sorry to hear Showdog. :laugh:

Thanks again everyone. We took her to the vet and after an xray they decided it was just that she had gorged herself. They kept her in there for an hour with some needle that made her spew and she came back out with half a waiste line again. It's a bit of a worry though when the vet spent an hour with her and took xrays and still thought she was a he :laugh:

Thanks again