Video Of Pets Being Euthanased ..

tivins

Hi guys, sorry if u have seen this but i just balled my eyes out looking at this video...

Sadly, this is what is happening at our pounds....:(:(:rofl:

http://www.deathrowpets.net/movies/WhatYouDontSee2.wmv

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www...wmv&h=a0c27

(interview with euthanasia technician, pets being given 'the shot ... the rest u watch it...as my hands are shaking from seeing this...)

=========

sorry for some reason it wont show, but if u have FB, pls join SCARS n u can see the vid in there...

Edited by tivins

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

I work in a shelter and I do see this on a regular basis.

It is heart breaking, especially the ones that are purring, while you hold up the vein or the dogs & puppies that are just looking into your eyes as the pass over the rainbow bridge.

I am lucky to work in a shelter that rarely has to put animals to sleep and when we do, it is generally only ever due to an underlying medical condition or if they are dog/people aggressive.

I think everyone should have a chance to watch this at some point or another.

Thank you for posting. xx

Edited by MavericksMission

:( It is such a sad reality.

God it's confronting to actually watch an animal take it's last breath :rofl:

This footage should be broadcast on TV so that people are made to realise exactly what happens to all those unwanted animals. I think a lot of people want to believe that the animals in pounds and shelters are all found homes and live happily ever after, sadly that's not the case :laugh:

Have seen it before but it doesn't make it any less devastating. I have held up veins, puts animals in bags after euthanasia- fortunately it was a low kill shelter so there were not hundreds in a day. I had a friend who worked at a cat shelter and one person spent their whole day, every day drawing up the needles. Its something you never forget. :(

I won't watch it, having worked in a shelter I've seen too much already. So sad :rofl:

ditto.

I have seen enough to last me more than a lifetime, I have scars from things I have seen and I will be haunted by it for the rest of my life :(

I too have endured too many, each one being as hard as the very first, yet, I totally agree that it should be broadcast on TV..perhaps then the truth of the situation may be realised...

It is a common felt idea that people should have to have a licence to own an animal, I feel before being allowed to own one everyone should have to do a few hours volunteer work at their local shelter first - some 'may' then think twice about disposing of them like an old toy when they're over playing with them..

I have the utmost of respect for anyone having to do that job.

I think this side tends to be covered up too much, as it's "not nice" for the general public. I personally think it's something that everybody needs to see.

I am not going to watch it, because I know those images will stick with me and I couldn't bare it. I am already aware so I don't need the mental anguish of those visions.

This is the reason I only get animals from rescue. I respect breeders and would at some stage love to get a pure bred, but I have never been able to bring myself to do it for the very simple reason that a life can be saved.

There must be masses of kittens being euth'd right now, every shelter in Sydney is overflowing. My friend was trying to help someone who found 4 kittens but there is simply nowhere to take them except the pound. She's devastated.

I'm just lucky that the kitten my neighbour found last week is safe with my vet (who is also the local pound), they are desexing and rehoming her.

As for the dogs, I left it too late to ring up for a little old dog at the pound. He was euthanased. I have felt dreadful since I found out. I know it's real life - it shouldn't be unless there is a medical cause. None of these poor souls asked to be born and then thrown away like unwanted garbage.

When will it ever end?

I would like to see a law in place that breeding dogs is illegal in the same fashion as growing dope. Bandaid fixes, compulsory desexing etc etc, doesn't work and it needs to be addressed at the beginning, even jail terms for puppy farmers and repeat offenders. Breeding should be conducted only by registered breeders IMO and to criminalise random breeding will soon reduce the problem. There has to be laws controlling the breeding of animals full stop I think.

The sad reality it that its not the people who are part of this forum that need to watch videos like these, its the people who think that Fido should have one litter because "she is the best dog all our friends want one" or "so the kids can see the miracle of birth" or because they just dont know any better. The ones who actually care about their dogs but don't have a clue as to what goes on down the road at the local pound.

Unfortunately the people who really need to point driven home are the puppy farmers and its exactly that type that this would have no impact on because they have far worse and more cruel things happening in their own backyard.

I think we need to continue to share what we find though - if one it just stops one litter from being born that will end up in this situation then its well worth it.

This one, although American does the job fairly well and you dont have to actually watch the act.

Brightlion - In Hope

This is so sad but unfortunately it's not going to stop. I totally agree with Dust Angel that the general public needs to be made aware of the issue. So many people aren't aware of puppy farmers, etc. I also think that people should need a licence for having pets. I agree that only registered breeders should be allowed to sell pups but there needs to be much stricter rules put in place for breeders to ensure that only sound, healthy dogs are bred and breeders don't decide to increase prices because they are the only place to get a pup.

I would like to see a law in place that breeding dogs is illegal in the same fashion as growing dope. Bandaid fixes, compulsory desexing etc etc, doesn't work and it needs to be addressed at the beginning, even jail terms for puppy farmers and repeat offenders. Breeding should be conducted only by registered breeders IMO and to criminalise random breeding will soon reduce the problem. There has to be laws controlling the breeding of animals full stop I think.

Yeh

and that worked didn't it? :love:

:)

Edited by lilli

This is so sad but unfortunately it's not going to stop. I totally agree with Dust Angel that the general public needs to be made aware of the issue. So many people aren't aware of puppy farmers, etc. I also think that people should need a licence for having pets. I agree that only registered breeders should be allowed to sell pups but there needs to be much stricter rules put in place for breeders to ensure that only sound, healthy dogs are bred and breeders don't decide to increase prices because they are the only place to get a pup.

A most excellent idea, perhaps a law that prevents vets putting their prices up because they are the only health care option,

or a law preventing emergency vets from charging more because they're the only place open at 2 in the morning,

would also be effective?

Edited by lilli