May Photo Challenge

Ashanali

Yep, growing like a weed. There is no way I would be able to hold him and Lola at the same time now. Hopefully he'll learn what his legs are for soon and I won't have to carry him around so much :hug:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are just a few of my main subject - Devine Miss T..

What a little cutie she is. love the red hair.

Here are some more from the other day. This kid just loved being out on the ground.

IMG_6773.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6776.jpg

I just liked this one

IMG_6977.jpg

Ok hopefully this fits in - caught these expressions on my friends horse when he had a bath after we went riding.I need to fiddle with the colours a bit more but thought id add them anyway. Hopefully this counts as documentry photography ...

Zulu369.jpg

Zulu360.jpg

Zulu366.jpg

Edited by Dust Angel

I really like that one Bec, nice moment captured.

Hehe. Cute bath pics DA, I really like the second one :D

I'm about to post some birthday pics from this morning. They contain kid overload, so you may want to scroll past really quickly now :thumbsup:

Bit of a story here.....

On Saturday morning a cockatoo was driving us mad with the racket it was making & OH tried to scare it away. Reaching for my camera, I could see, by using the lens, that it had frayed baling twine entangled around one leg & it was ensnared very high up (about 10m) in our old Robinia.

At a loss how to get up to get it down we called the SES.....

4614317363_8a164a5387.jpg

One member climbed the tree using a ladder & rope, & although he was passed a saw with a long extension handle, he was still metres too short......

4614317373_a3bd351ec5.jpg

He managed to climb higher, but because of the angle he was too close to the bird..... I think this was a leg shaking moment for him :( & the bird!

4614317385_1ae9d66844.jpg

Finally he managed to saw through the branch & the bird flapped to the ground whereupon we pounced on it with a blanket....

4614317395_71881b0257.jpg

Basic first-aid was administered, I must confess I thought the leg was dislocated & it looked like he would lose a toe. Wildcare collected him/her to monitor progress overnight, only a youngster, the parents flew in very close to protect him & I must admit I didn't know if he would survive the ordeal.

Next day, quite perky, he was released. The leg was swollen & bruised, but not dislocated as he was able to perch. Soon other cockatoos were flocking around him. Within an hour, Mum & Dad had reclaimed the errant youngster, fed him & as you see below, almost snuggled & preened him..... (he is centre in this pic)

4614317401_405e4d524c.jpg

Sorry this is a long post, but this truly was an example of "capture" :eek:

kirislin: I love the big mid-air smooch shot! fantastic!

huga: nice one with the girl and bubbles! :(

becandcharch (you need to change your name): I enjoy the laugh and tongue shots :mad

dust angel: too funny horsey shower - great how you got the lips moving around, trying to catch the water? :eek:

this is just one shot from Saturday's Obedience fun day, I love how the guy is laughing and how Diesel (the amstaff) doesn't seem to get the joke:

4613366279_5ddca5099f.jpg

:)

trifecta, great story and pictures.

Thanks CM :( that pics is very cute, he looks lost in thought.

Huga, I love the pudgy little toddler legs

and Pointees, wah? that dog could try out for the Socceroos. :eek:

Pointees, in UK there was a cat food ad on TV when I was a kid. The cat was called Arthur, he was white & used to scoop the food out of an opened can & eat it off his paw. Lots of people said they had pulled his teeth out to make him eat this way, of course this was always refuted. Maybe there is an opening for your kitty in advertising? It would be nice if she could at least earn her keep :laugh: