Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Elbie's our new puppy. He is 3/4 kelpie and 1/4 border collie.

This is him in his original crate used for toilet training

IMG_7291_processed.jpg

This is him in his new crate

elbie101.jpg

Elbie sleeping

elbie94.jpg

Elbie waiting for food

DSC03819.jpg

Elbie with rawhide bone

IMG_7281_processed.jpg

Elbie on his cushion

elbie61.jpg

Elbie in the yard

IMG_7277_processed.jpg

elbie81.jpg

Resting on the deck

elbie40.jpg

He's now almost 11 weeks and has wonky ears - they can't decide if they're going to stay down or stand up :(

wonkyears.jpg

He starts puppy classes next week and obedience classes in June.

Edited by koalathebear

very cute puppy and gorgeous pics. I love the "Elbie with rawhide bone" :provoke:

and I love how you've labelled them, although stating the obvious I find it really sweet: Elbie waiting for food, Elbie resting on deck. Elbie on his cushion etc. :wave:

Edited by Kirislin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind replies. I can't believe how quickly Elbie's been growing! :rofl: He keeps us very, VERY busy but we adore him to bits.

This is what he used to look like when he wanted attention

elbie70.jpg

Elbie's poor massacred chew toy - the unfortunate horse

elbie76.jpg

Elbie with his "not me" expression

elbie82.jpg

Elbie's very sociable. When he's not with us, he's in the yard on the deck nearby and he always comes if he hears a sound in the kitchen. When we surf the net, these days he sits nearby in his dog bed playing with his toys. He might even join in. One day we picked him up and he decided he preferred the think pad over the mouse

elbie120.jpg

As a puppy, he runs out of energy fast.

elbie123.jpg

He has many, many lovable looks

elbie119.jpg

Canberra's getting very cold so at night, we give him a hot water bottle and tuck him in. He has learned that the sound of the kettle means that he's getting a hot water bottle so he leaps out of his crate and sits near the the kettle to supervise. We inevitably do not make his bottle fast enough because he will make plaintive little honking sounds that are as cute as they are bizarre. The look below is the one he shoots us when he's tucked in and using the hot water bottle as a pillow. Almost like a: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" :rofl:

elbie128.jpg

He has a very proud way of sitting up - that makes his ears look even more indecisive :rofl:

elbie135.jpg

I get this look from him a lot where he wants some attention or playtime. He'll put his little head in the palm of my hand and just look up at me soulfully

elbie136.jpg

He is incredibly settled in his crate these days and we can't believe how well-behaved he usually is. At nights, he gets one toilet break at 4am and then the crate door's open again again at brekky at 8am

elbie139.jpg

elbie138.jpg

Sometimes he's a bit of a monster. Here he is with a chew toy. We did go through a bad few weeks where he thought that *we* were his favourite chew toy and we had to seek help here at the forums. Thank goodness he finally settled down because it was becoming impossible to even just pat him!

elbie144.jpg

He's such a sociable dog that resting in his crate puts him to the side of the room so we got him a dog bed that we can move around to wherever we are

elbie146.jpg

He had some difficulty getting in and out at first but you can see

that he's got the hang of it now.

He seems to like it a lot :rofl:

elbie150.jpg

He'll generally play in there on his own but we'll look up from time to time and see very hopeful puppy eyes

elbie153.jpg

His ears still don't know if they're going to be up or down

elbie154.jpg

elbie155.jpg

We don't mind because we love him dearly

elbie156.jpg

elbie162.jpg