Would You Eat Food Offered To You By A Dog?

Bubitty

Mother Moocher I think I will need to teach a hold while I am fiddling with the container etc for at least 30 seconds.

She can hold without me touching her for about a min but she will drop it as soon as I touch the item. I wonder if it is possible to teach her to keep the handle in her mouth and not drop it no matter what.

Hmm another train of thought, what if I put the food in a small takeaway container and then container in open basket? Less fiddling that way and uncontaminated food.........

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having a vision of a GR running off holding a basket full of Canapes, then scoffing them before the human catches up? :o

I'd probably eat it if it had a lid but I know a few people who wouldn't. Sounds like your guests are keen though!

I remember years ago, someone on DOL said she washed her dogs dishes in the laundry tub - wouldn't wash them in the kitchen sink. So I guess even doggy people would be a bit reserved about it as well.

That was probably me. :D They have their own fork and that gets washed in the laundry tub as well, and I don't let them lick the human plates. Yet I kiss them on their foreheads, go figure. :)

As to Bub's question, I'm undecided. If I hadn't ever met the dog before, then a definite no. If I knew the dog, it didn't smell, breath didn't smell, no drool and the food was covered with a lid or in individual lidded containers....maybe. It's one of those things I wouldn't know until I was standing in front of a basket-carrying-dog.

The other thing is I don't eat anything unless I know what it is, and you can't ask the waitress in this case. :D

If they're dog savvy people who like your dog as much as you do, then I don't see a problem. HOWEVER, you will always have somebody who expresses disgust at having a dog so close to food or food preparation so be ready.

I agree with ellz. I wouldn't hesitate to eat from the basket (but then Ive been known to share ice-creams with my dogs), however, my parents for example, would be near physically ill at such a suggestion! :)

Nope. Sorry, I wouldn't take food from the basket the dog carried.

I won't touch my own dog when I'm going to eat, let alone someone else's. I'm a bit of a cross contamination freak. :)

Perhaps she could carry around a basket of something packaged.. like lollies! Or those little cakes that come in packages. :)

I wouldn't be comfortable eating from an unlidded basket unless it was something packaged.

I am quite amazed at the number of people who would not accept food in a covered basket/container from a dog. I think a well looked after dog is probably a lot cleaner than a lot of humans. :p

Lots of humans serving food don't wash their hands after going to the loo, but you would accept food from these people, particularly the males who actually have to touch their private parts :p

Whilst I draw the line at dogs licking human crockery/utensils and being allowed to eat off human plates etc, I have no qualms whatsoever about having dogs around food. My boys insist on helping me get their food from my refrigerator and cupboards. Dog hair gets into the most ridiculous places :)

Bub photos of your doggie waiter carryng the basket are a must when the special event happens :rofl:

Some people are just a bit precious! :)

Personally I love the waitress but can you just make sure she washes her hands and face before facing her audience? :p

You’ve set yourself up now C! If you ever visit Sydney you will be eating an entire meal served by her! Not just canapes! :p

Labsrule: Of course there will be photos! I just need her NOT to drop the basket whenever I touch it! We worked on it a bit more last night.