Disgusted In Dog Transport

nickojoy

One can only hope that the vomit and mess wasn't from a dog that was ill with parvo, carona, coccidiosis or something equally as deathly to a young pup.

I would not be using that transport company again and I would be very wary of the breeder too.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by ~Anne~

My pup wouldn't have gone at all. And it was only going a 40min drive away???? Get in the car and drive it!

I have driven 750kms to take a puppy to her new owner and as they hadn't actually seen her in the flesh I told them if they didn't want to take her on meeting her I would put her back in the car and drive her home.

I am a bit flabbergasted actually as I am sure you are Nickojoy

We are driving 18 hour return trip to pick up our new pup in a few weeks, we have been waiting for it for 12 months now. The bitch failed to come into season last year, well missed a season.

What - You have to be kidding ! Surely to God any breeder would know what vomit and poo can spread?????

Someone should report this driver to the company and I would like to know who they are.

Just as I want to know the good stuff so I can promote a company getting it right I sure as hell

want to know which one NOT to endorse and to stay away from myself.

Couple of years ago I was dropping a pup off a the airport and someone was

there from a big dog transport company cleaning out a cage so another pup could be put into it

and saw how it was done. Just a quick hose out and nothing which would kill off worm eggs, viruses or bacteria.

Not with my babies.

What a bloody disgrace!

No way would my puppy have gone with them

Who's to say that the driver 10 mins down the road didn't pull up and put pup in the dirty crate

no for peace of mind I would of not pup go.

One of the reasons I never use hire crates.

me too i have bought both crates for the 2 dogs i have had transported to me from breeders i did not want a crate that had another dog in it. i also used the crate for crate training until they grew too big for it.

• 2 weeks later...
What - You have to be kidding ! Surely to God any breeder would know what vomit and poo can spread?????

Someone should report this driver to the company and I would like to know who they are.

Just as I want to know the good stuff so I can promote a company getting it right I sure as hell

there from a big dog transport company cleaning out a cage so another pup could be put into it

and saw how it was done. Just a quick hose out and nothing which would kill off worm eggs, viruses or bacteria.

Not with my babies.

What a bloody disgrace!

I am with you on this Steve!

I am not in favour of recycling crates/hire crates especially for the transportation of puppies, you don't know what has been in them beforehand and I am always conscious of cross contaminations because I do not believe that the crates can always be sterlised/disinfected to the best levels if crates are not removed from the airport for treatment.

When a new PP40 can be picked up for around $55-75 compared to hiring at around $45 the additional money is money well spent for the added protection.

Not with my babies.

What a bloody disgrace!

I am with you on this Steve!

I am not in favour of recycling crates/hire crates especially for the transportation of puppies, you don't know what has been in them beforehand and I am always conscious of cross contaminations because I do not believe that the crates can always be sterlised/disinfected to the best levels if crates are not removed from the airport for treatment.

When a new PP40 can be picked up for around $55-75 compared to hiring at around $45 the additional money is money well spent for the added protection.

And having just used wayrod's transportation services, I can vouch for this and his complete professionalism!

I'd like to know who the company was, they need to be accountable for their actions and if people don't know who they are, they cannot possibly be forewarned. :)