One Of My Worst Nightmares Has Happened.

baifra

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't knock yourself over this too much dogs will be dogs and get into things we don't want them to. Nothing could have changed the situation after she had eaten the poison. :eek: So sorry for your loss RIP Phoebe. What a beautiful girl she was. :rofl:

Omg Baifra I am so sorry. That is a nightmare - some kind of freak accident you could never ever have predicted.

Please take care and don't beat yourself up, the terriers and I send love :rofl:

Oh God I know how you feel.

I was looking after Tibbiemax's dogs for her whilst she was away for a weekend - I had afternoon shift and her Dad had morning shift. I went over, fed them, hung out with them etc and went home. Tibbiemax got home the next day and her much-loved beautiful girl passed away in her arms. God I felt bad - what had I missed, I could have taken her to the vets and she could have survived Logically you can know that you did everything normal and expected but it was still on your watch. Hugs to you.

she could just as easily have got it after you had fed her and left too. :eek:

its not your fault, you can't be there 24/7.

This is exactly what I was thinking Juice , imagine if she had got to it after you had left Baifra and she died on her own over night. That would of been alot harder to handle.

Hugs to you and your mum and dad cause it is a very sad thing to happen. :rofl:

Thank you all so much for your words and thoughts. They mean a lot.

Mum and Dad got a bit of sleep last night and Belle is a little more settled.

I know deep down it's not anyone's fault but I just can't stop the tears. Ive lost all confidence in my self and I'm petrified of looking after Belle in the future.

Trisven13... how awful for you. I just keep going over everything again and again.

The Spotted Devil.... I'm so glad your Cattle dog survived, the waiting must have been terrible.

Corvus... I know how your Mum feels and my Mum is also very disressed that I'm feeling so guilty. Mum and Dad keep apologising to me for what ive been through. :D

Mrs Tornsocks... your poor little pup, you didn't even get the chance to watch your pup grow. Devastating.

Thanks again everyone. :(

Edited by baifra

Baifra - know you did eerything you could... Pheobe would have gotten that snail bait if you had been on time or not...

Please do not stress and worry over something you cannot change, please instead remember the fun times your and Pheobe shared... It would be what she would want...

Know that she will be waiting for you on the other side... She is happy and pain free...

RIP dear Pheobe....

Hugs to you and your family Baifra

OMG.......I am so very very sorry for all of you. Another Angel for Rainbow Bridge, just so sad :D

One of my newfie girls got into some Rat poison accidentally when we were moving, I was blessed and she survived. Sometime things happen and really it is just bad luck. Take care

Edited by newfsie

Oh this is heartbreaking :( and I'm sure nothing I could say would make you feel better, instead here's one of these :D

Phoebe is now running free and happy with all of our previous hounds, in the most beautiful doggy land ever. Best of all she's watching over you, your parents and Bella to keep you all safe.