I Know It's Not Dogs But...

Boronia

:laugh: Poor little things. That would have been so frightening and distressing for them. Poor little eighth one, hope it is found alive before it's too late.

Some people are such idiots, they just see $$$ and don't think about the special care required or the fact that these are living beings that can suffer. They'd be near impossible to move on the black market anyway I would have thought, it's not like you can suddenly turn up with a pet pygmy marmoset when all of Australia knows there were some just stolen, these imbeciles just didn't think it through, and the poor monkeys have to suffer for their stupidity and greed. I'm just so glad that seven have been returned and hope they bounce back to full health.

I am wondering if No. 8 has already died ... which is why it wasn't with the others. But still hoping :D

Although I am hoping too, Tilly, I can't help be feeling this is probably the case. They are so small and delicate, to be taken like they were would have been such a shock.

• 1 month later...

My corgix , Basil was mauled by 3 wandering staffordshires. They were all over him, biting as fiercely as they could. The attack lasted several minutes. Their was blood everywhere. The residents of the street came out and saw what was happening. I was fighting the dogs off Basil and one of the dogs tried to bite me when I tried to shelter basil. My dog ended up in I.C.U for 2 days undergoing life saving surgery. He was bleeding non stop for several hours as the dogs had bitten through a major artery. The owner of the staffys told me they would pay the bill. When I went with the bill in hand they refused to pay. I reported the attack to the city of greater geelong and a ranger came out. I gave her a statement and she told me she would get the statement off the owners. After numerous visists she finally got their statement. The ranger told me she would summon the owners. but I would only probably be paid $5 a week. I am out of pocket $1641.00. Three months later still waiting. The council never kept in touch with the progress and I called them several times to find out what's going on. The supervisor didn't like my questioning and asked, why was I being like that. She continued with the mumbo jumbo of, it's being assessed and bla, bla bla. On one of the rangers visits to my home, she asked if she could photo copy my bills and photos of my dogs injuries, which the local vet took. She never returned them when she said she would. I called several times to have my documents returned. She never rang back. She was always "on the road and unable to speak with me". One day a ranger came and handed me my documents, minus the photos. I rang the council again demanding my photos back. The supervisor said they were still being assessed. I told her I wanted my property back and they were only handed over to make photo copies 2 months ago. I told her I would go to the media and she said it wouldn't help me get my money back. I told her it wouldn't hurt. She said she would take the owners to court, have the dogs declared dangerous and get my money back. Initially she told me I may not get any refunded money. Then when I mentioned the media, she said I misunderstood her and she would get me my money back. I can't take the owners to VCAT as I don't know the owners names. I sought out a solicitor and they told me to go to the media, as I couldn't afford a solicitor. I told my story to the Geelong Advertiser and they took and printed my story. The reporter rang the council and asked for my photos back, upon which the supervisor said I would get them back the following day. I never recieved anything.

All I want is my vet fees payed. The said dogs have been since loose again and the eyewitness was the ranger that took my statement. Next time it could be a child or elderly person that gets attacked. Is the council going to take their time assessing a death that should've been prevented? Oh yes, by the way, it happened in Norlane.

An update, but Number 8 still missing, perhaps there is still hope for the little tacker.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07/16/2955156.htm

Teens arrested over monkey theft

Posted 7 hours 24 minutes ago

Teenagers arrested: The pygmy marmosets after they were recovered by police (NSW Police)

Map: Helensburgh 2508

Two teenagers have been arrested after eight monkeys were stolen from a park in Sydney's south in May.

Four cotton top tamarins and four pygmy marmoset monkeys were taken from the Helensburgh Park.

Two days later seven monkeys were discovered in suburban parklands and at a veterinary clinic at Auburn, but the fourth tamarin is still missing.

A 17-year-old was arrested but released after he was cautioned yesterday.

An 18-year-old man from Baulkam Hills was charged with theft.

He is due to appear before Parramatta Local Court next month.

post-26505-1279230456_thumb.jpg

Teenagers arrested: The pygmy marmosets after they were recovered by police (NSW Police)

Edited by Boronia