Desperate! Long Term Boarding Or Foster Care

fiery_di

Hi Steve!! Thank you for your no. I will give you a call IF things fall through for a POTENTIAL rental property we have found. We will find out tomorrow if we have been accepted.. The property will be available in about 4wks, which gives us chance to give 21 days notice at our current place..

Will post an update tomorrow once I have heard about the property!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU!! :thumbsup:

We have our 'in house' property mgr working on the case. He met with the owner of the property I saw tonight, and is discussing further tomorrow. A 3 bed terrace toward the city!! *Fingers crossed*

Two sets of human fingers and 10 sets of paws and 9 10(oops forgot the piggie) sets of hoofs crossed here for you - nasty spot your in there but hopefully you can see the light now.

Edited by Snowysal

So the latest update is that our Ppty Mgr is meeting with the owner on Tuesday 10.30am.. The owner is keen to meet with us to discuss rental of the property so this is VERY good news.

On the other side of things Coco has had an enquiry about her at the vet. An older lady who has recently lost her dog to old age is going to view Coco either tonight or tomorrow, and if she appeals to her then Coco MAY just have a forever home!!

Either outcome I will be happy with. If I can bring an older lady happiness again by having Coco as her new companion that would be wonderful. If this doesnt happen but we get accepted for the property I will also be happy with this. I just want Coco to have a permanent home & be happy where she is..

Will send a further update once I have one.. :hug:

So the latest update is that our Ppty Mgr is meeting with the owner on Tuesday 10.30am.. The owner is keen to meet with us to discuss rental of the property so this is VERY good news.

On the other side of things Coco has had an enquiry about her at the vet. An older lady who has recently lost her dog to old age is going to view Coco either tonight or tomorrow, and if she appeals to her then Coco MAY just have a forever home!!

Either outcome I will be happy with. If I can bring an older lady happiness again by having Coco as her new companion that would be wonderful. If this doesnt happen but we get accepted for the property I will also be happy with this. I just want Coco to have a permanent home & be happy where she is..

Will send a further update once I have one.. :)

I dont mean to be rude or anything but, I thought you were looking for a temporary home for her? Why have enquiries even been made for her if she was at the vet boarding and not advertised as being available for adoption?

I dont mean to be rude or anything but, I thought you were looking for a temporary home for her? Why have enquiries even been made for her if she was at the vet boarding and not advertised as being available for adoption?

I dont understand what you mean? Coco is boarding at the moment and when Scott dropped her off he probably discussed with the girls at the vet that if there was anyone looking for a 'forever home' dog then they are welcome to suggest Coco due to the circumstances that we are in. This older lady's son rang & enquired. The vet staff rang Scott to discuss understanding what our situation was and he authorised that they could advise the older lady's son of Coco.

Thanks. That answers my question.

Poor dog.

The situation all round just sucks!! I have lost an iggy last month to old age, now I may potentially 'lose' Coco because of this stupid rental property that we originally signed up with. It has been a very testing full on week. Poor Coco is at a vet at this point in time & either way may go to a temp arrangement till we can move or go to a forever home where at least she will have some permanency and probably some really good attention as I dont believe this older lady works.

I just want the poor little mite to have a good situation whatever the outcome!! :laugh: I am sick of pulling her from pillar to post so the saying goes..

Hope it works out for you and Coco. So Tuesday you might get a new rental where Coco will be OK?

Don't rush into anything as you must be feeling stressed. I own 2 small dogs and until recently rented. Once I had to move suddenly and rentals were hard to find where my new job was located. I was so stressed! Lucky I found a place.

I think it is very nice that some DOLers have offered to help. If you feel re homing is a better option for Coco then that is your decision. However if you want to keep a dog while you are renting - I hope you can do this as well. You were mislead with the rental you are in now and I do feel sorry for you.

How long would it take to find a pet friendly rental? I understand the Sydney area is bad? If Coco is looked after for few weeks could you get a new place?

Hope you get some good news soon.

Edited by skip

Thank you for your very kind & understanding words Skip!! They have certainly not gone unheard..

The latest update is that the older lady was very particular about the type of breed that she wanted and unfortunately (or fortunately for me as I was secretly hoping that she wouldnt take her) for Coco this has fallen through.

I am very concerned as Scott has brought Coco home, which is a very risky thing to do. I have warned him about the repercussions but at $25/nt at the vet he seems to be willing to take the risk!! :laugh:

So, next waiting game is in regards to this rental property that we find out about on Tuesday. We are going to view the property this morning (this is through another agent altogether). Another thing that works in our favour is that we are ready to go to place a deposit, references cleared, etc. Whereas the other re agency would only just be starting to do their checks etc on Tuesday and prob not have a shortlist until Thurs. The other thing too is that I have left NUMEROUS msgs to enquire about the pet situation and heard nothing but from the other re agency. Something that will prob not look very favourable to the landlord and gives us a better chance.

Next update will be Tues!! Thanks for sticking with it for this long. And hopefully we will be on the road to Coco having a forever home in a place where she is ALLOWED to be!! :laugh:

gosh what a time youre having with this

so amazingly stupid that there are not more rentals for dog owners..it is crazy

we are a nation of dog owners...it is not so in europe or the states

we are so backward and unaccommodating and our pets suffer so...how many must be put to sleep out of the frustrations of the owner of not being able to sort out a temporary situation

i dont know how id fare if i had to find temp accommodation for any of ours

oh i do so hope that something comes of it...really do...and soon!

good luck...ive been thinking of you

I hope you get this rental Di...you really deserve to have Coco home again, somewhere that she's welcome!

We have just applied for a rental today. The PM seems very switched on. We've been through a few of her properties and she knows our situation and that we have three dogs. We saw this house on Tues and liked it. She has already spoken to the landlord about including a dishwasher for us, so I think she has also talked about our circumstances. The landlord is willing to put a dishwasher into the house. We have offered a lower rent than advertised but with a 12 month lease and ready to start the lease in under three weeks. The house has been vacant for about 3 or 4 wks which isn't unusual at the moment and I believe nobody else has applied (it's with three different agents!) in all of that time.

We also saw another house today that we'll apply for as well. It's in the suburb we live in and while it's a slightly smaller (and older) house, it's on an enormous block AND has a pool. :thumbsup: This will be great in summer although of course useless at this time of year. :laugh:

Wishing you lots of luck! Please know you're in my thoughts...and I completely understand why you have Coco with you now...despite the silly body corporate or whomever has complained.

I understand the Sydney area is bad?

I don't know where this idea comes from. Depending on where you want to live... AND keep your pets.. it isn't that difficult to find a rental in Sydney at all. I am in a 3br house, garage, decent size block etc in a nice area where MANY people are renting with dogs.... and I'm only 10mins from Parramatta CBD.

It took looking at 2 houses and that was it. We were actually offered both but chose this one as it had more space.