Does Your Dog/pup Have A Specific Object

Dust Angel

Bianca is a hardened hanky killer. She doesn't do it all the time, but if she's left alone and she gets the sh%ts, she'll rip one into such tiny pieces they get really hard to pick up.

She loves to play with her soft toys, but she usually doesn't destroy them. However, if they have something hard in them (like the noisemaker of the screaming monkeys), she gets a funny look in her eyes and really bites down hard and breaks them. It's really creepy to watch.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Akira has destroyed two stuffed toys with squeakers. She takes great pleasure in pulling them apart just to get the squeaker out.

If I leave stockings on the floor, they're gone before I realise. She loves them.

She's also just started taking paper. Whenever a piece of paper floats down from somewhere she snatches it. I thought she was really clever the other day when she brought in the receipt my OH had dropped, until she refused to give it back! :D

Used to be remote controls (1 destroyed and 1 damaged) and mobile phones (2 destroyed) but seems over that now - touch wood! Used to steal them from under the cushion in the lounge when I left the room (remotes) or under the pillow while I slept.

However the continuing obsession is knee high stockings - no matter where one is, if it is in his reach he will find it...

Guest belgian.blue

Ivy is too much of a good girl, how boring!

Badger, hmm he's a soft toy killer and anything filled with fluff. We will just wait and see what he does when he's fully grown ..

I don't even know where to start! :D My beagle x chews and completely wrecks any toy she gets. Squeaky toys, kongs, frisbees... you name it. If there's a bit of paper or rubbish in the backyard she tears it up straight away. A few weeks ago our backyard actually looked like a dump. We had put an old bed mattress outside for our two dogs to sleep on and within a day she had ripped the entire mattress up; It looked like it had snowed. :rofl: Our other dog (a jack russell) doesn't like playing with toys or anything and she never tears anything up. She's a good girl. :rofl:

Hello Gorgeous: Oh myyy, I thought my dog was the only one who has a thing for feathers. She's actually petrified of them! We found an eagle feather one day at a sanctuary up the road and brought it home and it fell on the loungeroom floor. She barked and pawed at it for ages but refused to touch it! :rofl:

Edited by haylz27

Feathers. I had a feather boa from an old Halloween party a few years ago and she just went completely bonkers. It was placed on the table and she barked at it for about 30 minutes, so I moved it, but she managed to get it down and ripped it to shreds. I came out of the shower to my ENTIRE room covered in feathers.

And the usual de-fluffing of the soft toys too! She used to love ATTACKING her soft toys, ripping out all the stuffing, fling it everywhere (the further she manages to fling the better) and then leave the toy alone forever. She didn't seem to want to play with them or chew on them, that dog only had one purpose in mind and that was to cover everything in white fluff.

However the continuing obsession is knee high stockings - no matter where one is, if it is in his reach he will find it...

My puppy this morning decided to try and get the stockings off of my feet. I think she's worked out that stockings mean work and work means being by herself for a while!

My girl has an issue with our cat igloo. Luckily the cats don't use it because it's always been dragged aroound the house, shaken, thrown around, sat on, chewed and tug of wared with our other dog! She also doesn't like Care Bears, they're the only plushies she kills.

Another Sock Killer here...

Except only when they're on your feet - he just tries to pull them off. Same goes with gloves, he tries to pull my lovely wool gloves off my hands when we go out every morning...

weirdo

Another toliet roll killer here too, but usually Spencer brings it out to you first with the 'Look what I've got mummy' look on his face so we've been able to save a few.

In the last month, he's also destroyed our outdoor umbrella and the power cord on the hot water system - 2 days in a row :D

He also has a giant cheetah which he loves to throw around and suprisingly its still intact :rofl:

Edited by Spencers_Mum

As a pup/young dog Em destroyed plastic and garden hoses - we went through quite a few hose fittings until I got smart and bought brass ones. For a long time as an adult she didn't chew anything, but in the the last twelve months (she's 9 years old now) she's developed a thing for paper and particularly books - especially hardcover, expensive ones. :shrug: It's become part of her after-dinner ritual - while we're buzzing around putting children to bed and washing the dishes she finds a book to chew. We've started crating her until we're ready to sit down in front of the telly at which point she will come and sit on her bed, like a good girl.

According to Emmy... Papers are evil and must be destroyed. Have no used the paper shredder since getting Emmy.. she does an awesome job on doing it for me.

Charlie is good. He never destroyed anything, even his soft toys, he will chew on them gently.

We watch a lot of zombie movies and think my young girl has been affected. All stuffed toys are despatched in the same manner:

1. immediately remove beady eyeballs so 'the undead' can't see what you are going to do next

2. remove brains through eyeholes using a quick and repetetive up and down head motion till brain area is empty and fluff is scattered all around you

3. Do a quick check of all paws and limbs to test for squeakers (don't want to attract more of the undead)

4. Remove and kill all squeakers found

5. Pull off a few limbs in case it still tries to run away

6. Remove empty head (ears must remain intact as a warning) and display it publicly so the other undead know you mean business

6. Leave torso intact where it lays - you don't want to look like a total animal do you?

Koda likes to destroy her children's toys. And ONLY her children's toys. She'll leave everything else in the place alone yet stand there methodically disembowelling anything that the youngsters enjoy playing with! BIATCH! :laugh:

The rest of them like to destroy YELLOW buckets. For some reason I can buy buckets in any colour other than yellow and they survive for yonks but the minute a yellow one appears, it is deaded pronto! :shrug::mad

We watch a lot of zombie movies and think my young girl has been affected. All stuffed toys are despatched in the same manner:

1. immediately remove beady eyeballs so 'the undead' can't see what you are going to do next

2. remove brains through eyeholes using a quick and repetetive up and down head motion till brain area is empty and fluff is scattered all around you

3. Do a quick check of all paws and limbs to test for squeakers (don't want to attract more of the undead)

4. Remove and kill all squeakers found

5. Pull off a few limbs in case it still tries to run away

6. Remove empty head (ears must remain intact as a warning) and display it publicly so the other undead know you mean business

6. Leave torso intact where it lays - you don't want to look like a total animal do you?

:mad:laugh::laugh::laugh:

after yesterday I now have to add large Kong Wubba's to Hugo's list of kills. Within 5 minutes of it being delivered and given to one excited puppy he had managed to get through the stiching and fabric and destroyed the top tennis ball. I removed offending tennis ball and performed surgery on the remains of the kong wubba. By the afternoon the remaining squeaker ball had been de-squeaked (which wasn't necessarily a bad thing as it was of a "squeakness" that made him howl at the same time he squeaked it :shrug: ). More surgery was performed and he now has a very deformed and tattered Kong Wubba.... :rofl:

Maybe it was because it was a purple wubba....he has a thing about purple....his purple rabbit became legless and armless within a short space of time too!