Poll- How Many Dogs And If You Work Full Time

jazawayaya

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner and I work full time.

We have one dog.

He gets walked twice a day and *heaps* of attention when we get home in the evening. I rarely go out on week nights as I like to make sure he gets some me time every day.

I work fulltime and have 4 dogs including a 10 week old puppy. But my work schedule means I amoften home by 4-4.30pm. We have no social life and spend all our time at home in the dogs company.

1 dog and 1 pup and I work full time.

Mine gets a lots of exercise, way too much attention and, according to my family and friends, has a really really sweet life :shrug:

Edited by CW EW

I work full time, my wife is at home, however we have 3 kids under 6 and she is pretty busy being out of the house most days doing usual mom stuff.

I make sure that Zoe (lab) gets plenty of exercise and attention when and where possible. It's hard work sometimes, but thats the responsibility you take on when you get a pet.

Greg

Edited by GregW

At the moment I do not go to work, but work around the farm. We have three dogs.

When I worked full time I had 3 dogs (2 of them different to two I have now) Initially 2 went to work with me, one went with OH. A job change and I could take one occassionaly, OH took same one. I trained/walked/played my dogs for around 5 hours a day, then they had lay around with us time.

I work full time (though with some flexibility as I am a PhD student) - Luna is generally alone from 8:30-9 till 5 and she is fine with it if she gets her kong/treatball :shrug:

She recently got a kitty companion as my bf moved in but I think the cat stays upstairs most of the day unless its cold and he wants to cuddle (or tease her)

I want another dog but living in a rental it's not a sensible thing to do at the moment!

I work 10 hour days and have between 3 and 5 at a time.

I am lucky though because I don't leave the house until 9 and my partner is home by 2 then of course the kids start dribbling in from 3. We have land so they get a lot of exercise in the afternoon and they are all inside of an evening and night. Weekends are spent showing and doing doggy stuff :shrug:

4 dogs - I work fulltime but they are hardly ever without human supervision. My partner only works 3 days a week and my younger brother is living with us and is a casual worker, so between the 3 of us they would only be alone 15-20 hours a week.

We have one dog and I work fulltime. OH works shift work and some weeks will be around in the day (paying virtually no attention to the dog), others not at all.

I make sure Honey is with us outside of my work hours as much as I can.

I'd love another dog to keep her company but, aside from OH not being keen, I dont think we'd have the room. Honey is inside while we are out and there is not much open space for playing.

I normally work 5 days a week but i have cut back to 2 days at the moment as I have puppies on the ground. My OH also works 5 days, however he works days and I work evenings, so there is always someone home. Before this job I worked days aswell and hated that I didnt have as much time for the dogs, so thats one of the main reasons I switched employment. I have 5 dogs and I'll be keeping 1 most likely 2 puppies from my current litters.

Full time - 2 dogs (2 adults and 1 child).

The youngest dog just turned 1 and we got her at 8 weeks old and we were working, she spent time inside by herself until she was big enough to join the other dog in the yard.

Last person leaves in the morning just after 7am, and the first person arrives home between 3.30pm and 4pm.

We don't have a social life (fairly new to Oz and have no friends lol) so we are home all night every night and all weekend and when we are home, the dogs are usually constantly with us, although they do spend some time outside by themselves on Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by lanabanana

At the moment, my partner and I both work fulltime, but I work retail so our one dog has someone home 3-4 days a week. That will be changing soon though and I'll have a normal Monday-Friday 9-5 job so we'll both be home two days a week. However, my OH is home by 4pm and we both don't go out a lot so we put a lot of time into making sure she has company as much as possible.

Luckily our neighbour is home all the time and she has a bulldog so she watches out for Akira throughout the day and has puppy play dates. :shrug: