Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

I'm showing in the neuter class for the first time in a couple of weeks. V excited. It will be so nice to get the little princess back into the ring again - although I'll probably be cursing her afterward. I suspect she may have forgotten everything she ever learnt :laugh:

:thumbsup:

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only just read through this entire thread, and I am over the moon with the positive responses. There are still a few states that are not officially recognising the Neut. Ch Title, but hopefully pressure from the membership will change their minds in time.

With the list of Neuter Champions growing, I have a question to put to you;

Is now the time to take this to the next level?

My concern is that now dogs have gained this title they may be lost to the show ring again as there is nothing further for them to gain.

I would like your feedback on a new title of "SUPREME CHAMPION"

I have used this unique name to differentiate between this title and the Grand Champion title available to entire exhibits. To acheive the title of Supreme Champion an exhibit will be required to accumulate 1000 Neuter points. There would be no further requirements ie no in group or in show wins etc.

I personally believe this is a natural progression, but am unsure if it should be put forward now or if it would be better to wait until the champion title has been in for a longer period.

What do you think?

:laugh: Jedi just got his NCh!!! :laugh:

My concern is that now dogs have gained this title they may be lost to the show ring again as there is nothing further for them to gain.

I have used this unique name to differentiate between this title and the Grand Champion title available to entire exhibits. To acheive the title of Supreme Champion an exhibit will be required to accumulate 1000 Neuter points. There would be no further requirements ie no in group or in show wins etc.

Hi Graham :laugh:

I think it's a good idea..............but

-That's a hell of a lot of 6 point challenge certificates to get. There's the potential to get more points as the neuter class becomes more accepted and used, but I can't see any 25 point CCs in the near (or distant) future.

-In a place like the NT, where every show has neuter class, it's still a lot of years of showing to get there.

As neuter points are fairly new, would it be possible to suggest thet Neuter in Show be awarded points similar to Best in Show?

Meg

Hi Graham :laugh:

I think it's a good idea..............but

-That's a hell of a lot of 6 point challenge certificates to get. There's the potential to get more points as the neuter class becomes more accepted and used, but I can't see any 25 point CCs in the near (or distant) future.

-In a place like the NT, where every show has neuter class, it's still a lot of years of showing to get there.

As neuter points are fairly new, would it be possible to suggest thet Neuter in Show be awarded points similar to Best in Show?

Meg

I think its a natural progression as well. And I agree that there should be at least 4 neuter in Group or 1 Best Neuter in Show in the make up of the points. I also think that the Neuter in Show should gain 25 points or at least 20 points.

I'd like to see a Supreme Champion at say 800 points and maybe a Double Supreme at 1500 points!

I believe that there is lots of room for expansion for this possible for Neuter awards! after all they have been these awards in the Cat world for many years! so why shoulod dogs be any different!

Goodluck getting it all happening. If cats are anything to go by the showing of alters can work and work well. It encourages people to show their companion purebreds and they can be terrific examples of the breed. It encourages new people into the ring and therefore into the fancy and down the track some of these people start breeding and showing entires too. Many of these people would not have been happy starting with an entire. Some people will just be happy to show alters and that is fine too. I have just had a litter of Maine Coon kittens - very happy with their quality and will be keeping one back. Not to breed from but as a show alter so people will have an example of my breeding available to see as I currently do not have a show alter as my 5 yr old black silver boy deciding to call it a day (despite only just having reach full size and looking probably the best he ever has) - this boy besides earning all his titles made many people fall for MC's in his time on the bench as his type is good and his temperament amazing. Entire cats are often not as easy to handle as their altered counter parts and it is a much harder task to keep them in show condition - perhaps this is why alter cats have been encouraged to compete in the cat fancy whilst the move has just started with dogs. I do hope you can get more awards available with cats we have alters competing against each other in breed/group/top 10 (best 10 entries across all breeds) as do entires. Once we get to the Best Alter/Best Entire/Best Entire Kitten/Best Alter Kitten they go against each other for Supreme Exhibit. Not all associations run it the same way - but all allow the alters to compete on an even footing and many breeders show an alter.

Once again with the extra points I don't think that we will get to that point for sometime.

The reason I have gone for the 1000 points, is that is the system that is in place and the less changes to a system, the more chance there is for it to be accepted.

[i think its a natural progression as well. And I agree that there should be at least 4 neuter in Group or 1 Best Neuter in Show in the make up of the points. I also think that the Neuter in Show should gain 25 points or at least 20 points.

I'd like to see a Supreme Champion at say 800 points and maybe a Double Supreme at 1500 points!

I believe that there is lots of room for expansion for this possible for Neuter awards! after all they have been these awards in the Cat world for many years! so why shoulod dogs be any different!

I would love to see a Grand Neuter Champion, with the same requirements in terms of Group or Show wins, but like others have said that's a whole lot of low point challenges to get the points!

However I would also like to see the ability of gaining additional points for Neuter in Group and Neuter in Show, rather than being just a class-in-group win. That way if you get BNIG and beat other dogs to get there, you get the additional points.

I have only just read through this entire thread, and I am over the moon with the positive responses. There are still a few states that are not officially recognising the Neut. Ch Title, but hopefully pressure from the membership will change their minds in time.

No way, the 2 shows I was show secretary for this weekend had an entry of 9 on Sat and 8 on Sunday. Some groups did not have a single entry. Lets crawl before we walk.

No way, the 2 shows I was show secretary for this weekend had an entry of 9 on Sat and 8 on Sunday. Some groups did not have a single entry. Lets crawl before we walk.

I am at a loss as to why certain clubs WONT add the neuter classes. It cant have anything to do with size of entry...surely not. That is like saying..."well, I wont add such and such a breed cos there is never any entries !"

I was told via the grapevine that the administration of class 18 was a headache....duh ! cant understand that...perhaps someone can enlighten me...I shouldnt have to travel literally thousands of kms to title my boy. I cant afford it too much longer and am getting fed up. Lets hope it changes later this year ...I will say though a big thank you to those clubs who have added class 18 !! well done !!

I am at a loss as to why certain clubs WONT add the neuter classes. It cant have anything to do with size of entry...surely not. That is like saying..."well, I wont add such and such a breed cos there is never any entries !"

I was told via the grapevine that the administration of class 18 was a headache....duh ! cant understand that...perhaps someone can enlighten me...I shouldnt have to travel literally thousands of kms to title my boy. I cant afford it too much longer and am getting fed up. Lets hope it changes later this year ...I will say though a big thank you to those clubs who have added class 18 !! well done !!

:rofl::laugh: WELL SAID FoxyRoxy ;)

It is a title and there are points awarded for challenges and Best Neuter of Breed. It is unfortunate that not all Clubs are supporting this class.

With entries dropping each month and each year, at dog shows, Neuter can be a good way of introducing new people into the world of showing, and hopefully they will get another entire dog to show at a later stage.

SHOULD Clubs really want to see more entries? Yes they should???

Shows will start to run at a loss, if they don't already

The entry fees that we pay for each show, should cover any ribbons, challenge certificates and what ever else required. God knows I have seen more and more breeds these days where there is only one representative of the breed, yet they can go on to get Best Exhibit in Group and so on, well so can a Neuter, Best Neuter in Group, yes it might not necessarily carry as much weight in the big scheme of things, nor would Best Neuter in Show. BUT for the winner of that award, it is just as thrilling as the Best In Group (having won a couple of Best Exhibit in Group,).

MORE Club Secretaries should pull their heads out of the sand, support the new initiaves, and push for the class to go ahead. I often travel to shows, that are interstate, and have been appauled that the Neuter Classes are not available. When I travel, I still have to take my little neuter who loves to show with me. Why should she is denied the chance enjoy her weekend away too when she just loves to show. It' s jut NOT good enough. It makes me think twice now about spending the time, effort and money on going away. AND the Clubs affected will miss out on my money! It might not be a huge amount of money in the scheme of things, but if there are say 3 Ch shows, thats $30 for my 3 neuter entries, PLUS what ever other dogs I wanted to show, and that could be another 4 dogs! So I guess I'll keep my $120+ entry fees, my petrol money, accommodation costs and stay at home. ;)

Yes I know you all work hard. its just a little more work, but for god's sake! its ONE class!

Ovens Valley are running neuter classes again next year but if the entries have not improved by then I will quite likely go home and cry. And one entry fee does not cover the cost of the BNIG sash plus prize that has to be provided. We were very lucky to have all BNIG sashes donated by either Doler's ( thanks Spikes Puppy, Dyzney, Bilbo Baggins) or club members. I donated the BIS sashes. So club members were not only giving of their time but of their cash as well. A couple of the groups did have 2 entries so yes the cost of sash and prize was covered, some had only one, cost was not covered, some had none so again cost was not covered. Sashes have to be ordered weeks before a show, can't wait until we see what entries we get. Sashes not used this year can be used next year. But if they hadn't been sponsored the club would have had to bear that cost and lost money on running the class. You don't lose money on the other BIG's or CIG's.

I am only talking about BNIG sashes and prizes, not the BOB and Challenge ribbons.

Ovens Valley are running neuter classes again next year but if the entries have not improved by then I will quite likely go home and cry. And one entry fee does not cover the cost of the BNIG sash plus prize that has to be provided. We were very lucky to have all BNIG sashes donated by either Doler's ( thanks Spikes Puppy, Dyzney, Bilbo Baggins) or club members. I donated the BIS sashes. So club members were not only giving of their time but of their cash as well. A couple of the groups did have 2 entries so yes the cost of sash and prize was covered, some had only one, cost was not covered, some had none so again cost was not covered. Sashes have to be ordered weeks before a show, can't wait until we see what entries we get. Sashes not used this year can be used next year. But if they hadn't been sponsored the club would have had to bear that cost and lost money on running the class. You don't lose money on the other BIG's or CIG's.

I am only talking about BNIG sashes and prizes, not the BOB and Challenge ribbons.

Try approaching the local vet clinics to sponsor a NIG sash. :)

Try approaching the local vet clinics to sponsor a NIG sash. :p

our costs were covered thanks itsmeg, but I will ask the vets next year as well, good idea.

I suggest to all those screaming for neuter classes you put your money where your mouth is and start approaching clubs close to you with the offer to sponsor a sash. Some clubs can afford to cover the costs, others can't, and at this point in time there is a cost to a club to run the classes. I know you shouldn't have to donate but at this stage the classes aren't covering the costs. As I said previously, OVCC will run them again next year, it is acknowledged that it will take time to build entries up but if they don't the pin will be pulled. So offer to donate to clubs, join a club or two, write a few letters and push the point. The actual paperwork etc isn't hard, it's the costs to the clubs.

The only time I hear talk about neuter is on DOL in this thread or, when people drag out dogs that are clearly pets to get a title on them, and then you have those at shows talk about them.

It is a cost that not all clubs can afford to wear if it is not supported.

Sashes for BIG X 7 = $70

BIS sash x 1 =$10

RUBIS x 1 = $10

= $90 per day (ETA plus a prize as well for all those classes)

Ovens Valley had 9 on Sat and 8 on Sunday. Lucky they had some donations, if they didn't they would have run at a loss.

Edited by SwaY